PDA

View Full Version : Overview of cortisol production, pred treatment

annekat
09-08-2015, 07:44 AM
This site goes over the basics of where the adrenals are, what they produce, and who is treated with pred and similar things, adrenal insufficiency, other related stuff. Worth a look, especially for those less familiar with the topic.
What is Cortisone? (http://cortisone-info.com/General-Information/What-is-Cortisone)

BookNut
09-08-2015, 10:18 AM
Everyone headed home and the house is quiet. So...I have begun to research this issue. It is very interesting, and I thank you for posting the link!

annekat
09-08-2015, 10:59 AM
Everyone headed home and the house is quiet. So...I have begun to research this issue. It is very interesting, and I thank you for posting the link! You're welcome! There may be other places that go into more depth for your particular issues, but it is a good general overview.

Debbie C
09-08-2015, 02:33 PM
Thanks for sharing that Anne.I read a few different topics but I will have to go back and read the rest.Its getting to be bedtime and to tired now,but what I did read was interesting

Pete
09-09-2015, 01:08 AM
Good overview. Doesn't get detailed enough about side effects that most of us know and hate.

Thanks for sharing this, Anne.

annekat
09-09-2015, 01:58 AM
You're welcome. I agree it could have been more detailed in that respect and others. I like the good diagram of the kidneys and the adrenals sitting on top of them and the info about what they actually produce, including cortisol. There could have more about tapering and adrenal insufficiency and how to stimulate the glands back into action.