PDA

View Full Version : It's just a little knee pain...

MikeG-2012
08-03-2015, 10:36 AM
As Dr. Merkel said at the annual Vasculitis Foundation Symposium, "Just because you have GPA, doesn't mean you can't have something else." Well, here's my story for this time:

A few months ago, I started feeling better and was more active at work--climbing ladders, walking a lot, etc. So as the months went on, I started to have knee pain, elbow pain and all kinds of other aches and pains. Begrudgingly, I started some pred again. <sigh>

Anyway, last week, I called my rheumy because my knee was getting progressively worse. He scheduled a bunch of knee x-rays and determined that there was "mild osteoarthritis...recommend a cortisone injection to help with the pain...". So I made the appointment for this last Friday, and he examined where I was having the pain; bending my knee in all kinds of unnatural positions, which nearly sent me up the wall in pain. He told me that I do not have pain from the osteoarthritis, I have a sprained MCL (Medial Collateral Ligament). I remember very foggily one day missing the last step of the ladder I was on and coming down pretty hard on my knee and leg, falling into the wall. I guess that was the place where I strained the knee.

So back to tapering off the pred, using a topical ointment for the pain in the knee, and taking it easy on my legs and knees for a while.

So, its been said on here before, over and over again: If you feel something is not right, it probably isn't. GET IT LOOKED AT!!!

Have a great evening everyone!

Jaha
08-03-2015, 02:00 PM
Sorry to hear of your knee injury, hope it gets better soon. I have a bad knee and I use Activon rub on and sometimes lidocaine patches on it. Wishing you all the best to heal quickly.

annekat
08-04-2015, 04:01 AM
Sorry about the knee. But glad you were able to separate it from anything having to do with WG. Dr. Merkel's advice is good.