PDA

View Full Version : Chest pain

KyleB
07-27-2015, 05:38 PM
Just finished my 2nd infusion of rituxen 1 week ago. Doing 2 treatments 2 weeks apart. Since first treatment I seem to be having daily chest pains anyone else experience this ? I also have large clumps of cavitative lis ions on my lungs don't know is that may cause it ?

Pete
07-28-2015, 01:01 AM
Just finished my 2nd infusion of rituxen 1 week ago. Doing 2 treatments 2 weeks apart. Since first treatment I seem to be having daily chest pains anyone else experience this ? I also have large clumps of cavitative lis ions on my lungs don't know is that may cause it ?
The cavitations in your lungs are likely characteristic of wegs. They could be causing chest pain, but you should get checked to be sure it's not something else.

annekat
07-28-2015, 03:36 AM
I did have chest pains, especially when coughing, when I had the cavitations in my lungs. I also coughed up bits of blood. It could be coincidental that you are just noticing the pains two weeks after start of treatment, but it doesn't seem very likely to me that the RTX would
be the cause. It takes time for the RTX to work, and perhaps the lung issues escalated a little during that time to where you were feeling more pain. The RTX should reverse all that in time. But as Pete says, I'd mention it to your docs and get it checked out, just in case it could be a sign of some related complication or something else entirely.

Alias
07-28-2015, 10:46 AM
Kyle, I had no lung involvement, but I had chest pain which turned out to be caused by a fungal infection due to being immune suppressed. Not sure how common this is.

gilders
07-29-2015, 12:19 AM
Although I have chest pain and painful heartbeats, these have not worsened since I've been on RTX, so doubt your chest pain is related to RTX.