PDA

View Full Version : hypoparathyroidism

vdub
07-08-2015, 03:45 PM
I haven't been on the forum in a while and for a good reason.... So far, I've had a bang-up summer! I haven't felt this good in years! But, then, about the time things start going well, there's always something to mess it up.

I knew a couple weeks ago that something was wrong and I suspected hypoparathyroidism because I had been told of all the symptoms when I had my thyroid out. So it wasn't a real shocker when I was dx'ed with hypoparathyroidism (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypoparathyroidism) today. For me, its just another pain in the butt issue along with all the others, so its not really a traumatic discovery.

However, its interesting to note that the second most common cause of hypoparathyroidism is AI diseases. I tried to search to see if there was any connection between it and GPA, but I couldn't find a direct link. This makes the 3rd AI disease I have. I guess I just have a whole bunch of bad genes.

In my search of info, I ran across an interesting pdf. It didn't answer the question I had, but it gives some statistics with regard to rarity of the various AI's. The main focus, however, is treatment path. Very interesting and authoritative. I think some of you might be interesting in scanning through it.
http://www.canvasc.ca/pdf/REVISITSlidesEnglish.pdf

mishb
07-08-2015, 11:12 PM
My like, is for a bang up Summer and not for the hypoparathyroidism :sad:

Why do you insist on getting the diagnosis of diseases that are hard to spell :tongue1:

I hope you can get this new set back under control very quickly so that you may continue to enjoy your summer.

annekat
07-09-2015, 02:38 AM
Great link, vdub! Sorry about this latest development, but glad you've been having a bang-up summer! Wonder what the weather is like in your little corner of the state... here, it has been phenomenal, though sometimes a bit too hot.

Alysia
07-09-2015, 11:20 PM
I am sorry vdub that you have another new struggle..... but I know that you are a trooper in all ways....
I wonder if this might be the result of long use of pred .. ?

Jaha
07-17-2015, 12:55 PM
Vdub,
I am sorry that you have one more thing, to add to the battle. Glad to hear you are feeling better than you have in a long time. I wish you all the best for enjoying life more and more.Thanks for sharing the interesting information. Take care of yourself and have some fun while you can.:biggrin1: