PDA

View Full Version : MTX question

Jayne 14
06-21-2015, 09:40 AM
So I've been on a dose of 20 mg of MTX since Christmas , going to my hospital app next week
What is likely to happen next folks ??? More of the same lower or higher dose ??
I do get fatigue that wipes me out for 2 days after & some sickness but apart from that ok

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pete
06-21-2015, 12:08 PM
Hi Jayne,

I'm taking 15 mg/wk of mtx. I split the dose in half (breakfast and supper). I start feeling fatigued about six hours after the first pills, and it intensifies in the evening. The next day I'm a bit fatigued, but it's not debilitating. I'm back to normal the third day.

I would guess any adjustment in your dosage would be a function of your labs and your overall state of health. My rheumy told me that 15 mg/wk is the minimum effective dose. She wants me to continue as her research shows that people who discontinue mtx have a 40% probability of a flare within 12 months.

The fatigue I feel with mtx is my only side effect now. I'm down to 2 mg of pred. I feel very well otherwise.

mishb
06-21-2015, 04:50 PM
Jayne, once my dose was increased to 20mg then that is where I have stayed, for the last 4 years.

If it doesn't appear to be working, they may increase to 25mg but that doesn't usually happen.
They will only start decreasing once everything is under control and then it will probably only be to 15mg, as a maintenance dose.

I'm pretty sure that they wont touch the dosage at your next hospital visit.

Let us know how you go

Jayne 14
06-22-2015, 12:34 AM
Thanks Pete
Thanks Mishb
I had a feeling it'll be stay as it is, was just thinking out loud really
I miss my old energy levels !!! But I'm sure that's not all from MTX & a lovely gift from the Wegs
I'm on 10 mg pred daily so maybe that'll lower either way I'll be sure to let you all know after my visit .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alysia
06-22-2015, 03:21 AM
good luck at your visit !