PDA

View Full Version : Getting Back to Normal

alicia_b
06-20-2015, 02:57 AM
Hi, I haven't been on this forum in a long time. What have I been doing lately? Well, I decided to go back to college. So far I'm staying on target with achieving A's. I am so thrilled! Honestly, I thought I wouldn't be able to do well in my courses.
Before I started college, I was extremely depressed. This disease has been so life altering. As my wonderful friend pointed out, I shouldn't be allowing this crazy disease to control my life. Then while talking to my husband and my doctors, who said the same thing, I realized I am not enjoying my life. So that began me on my new journey with going back and finishing my accounting degree. Yes, I love numbers.
Currently, I am taking a business entrepreneur course. I am needing to interview an entrepreneur. Would anyone be interested?
If anyone is wondering, the Wegener's and going to college, at first, was causing issues. I was terrified about going back to college and being able to finish assignments, achieve a non-failing grade. These meds I'm on (Imuran for one) have caused some issues with my memory and processing. After a couple weeks of pushing myself, I have been able to get back to almost normal. I still have those day's where I have to walk away from the computer and my books because I get so overwhelmed with everything needed done, my memory and thought processing will slow down. But hey, I'm not calling the chair a table anymore. Yeah, it was that bad, which probably didn't help with the depression any.
I am so much happier now. It's funny how one little decision, like going back to college, can change my attitude and allow me more control over beating wg. :cool1:

Pete
06-20-2015, 04:12 AM
Good for you, Alicia!!! :)

gilders
06-20-2015, 06:24 AM
Well done Alicia.
I've been on Imuran for about 15 of the last 20 years. I've, personally, not known it to effect my memory. The prednisone, on the other hand, really screws with my brain!
At least it doesn't seem to be effecting your grades with those 'As'. Keep it up!

annekat
06-20-2015, 02:58 PM
Yay! That's awesome. Congratulations on not letting WG get the better of you, and getting back on track with the life you want to live! :thumbup:

renidrag
06-20-2015, 10:13 PM
Congratulations Alicia, don't forget to put a star on the fridge for yourself. Well done.
Dale

Debbie C
06-20-2015, 11:06 PM
Great job Alicia. I wish I was an entrepreneur but sorry to say....keep up the good work !

annekat
06-21-2015, 12:43 AM
What kind of entrepreneur do you want to interview? Very small, medium, or large? Successful or struggling? Home based business or bigger than that? I'm a very small home-based entrepreneur who would probably not be up to it, but was just curious.

alicia_b
06-21-2015, 03:24 AM
Annekat, the interview isn't size of business specific. The professor wants background information of the entrepreneur, what made them decide to become their own boss, their struggles, challenges', risks & rewards, and what they have learned.

alicia_b
06-21-2015, 03:28 AM
Gilders, you bring up a good point. Maybe it was the prednisone, I was on 100mg dosage for almost a year. So it could have still been affecting me. I didn't think about that.

drz
06-21-2015, 01:23 PM
What kind of entrepreneur do you want to interview? Very small, medium, or large? Successful or struggling? Home based business or bigger than that? I'm a very small home-based entrepreneur who would probably not be up to it, but was just curious.

i think you could do a great job and it might be learning experience for you too. I know there are others on the forum at times who might also be a good candidate for such an interview if they have time and interest in doing so. Often though it is easier for such assignments to approach a local person so you can do it in person.

annekat
06-21-2015, 02:04 PM
Annekat, the interview isn't size of business specific. The professor wants background information of the entrepreneur, what made them decide to become their own boss, their struggles, challenges', risks & rewards, and what they have learned. Thanks, Alicia, and thanks, drz for you vote of confidence. I'll give it some thought, as an exercise in what I would say, but think I'm not up to it right now. It's true I'm doing better Wegs-wise, but am struggling on a day by day basis to keep financial issues in order, and there is a lot to be done there, not to mention taking care of my house, yard, car, and cats, and keeping on with creating a product to sell. I am making progress, but don't think I should take on another activity right now. And it might be a little easier to interview someone who lives near you... I'm way far away in the state of Washington. Good luck with finding someone to work with you on this, and I hope you both have fun doing it!

Jayne 14
06-22-2015, 12:38 AM
Good for you Alicia
Getting As too
I've always jumbled the odd word so a chair / table mistake is nothing !!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jaha
06-22-2015, 03:20 PM
Alicia,
Great news, keep up the good work. The preds are really the med that messes with your mind. I wish you all the best!

alicia_b
07-05-2015, 04:02 AM
Hi all! I am so thrilled. I received an "A" on my paper! Yay! :w00t: So glad to be beating this WG and getting me back!