PDA

View Full Version : Pictures disapeared

Alysia
06-19-2015, 11:49 PM
Hi andrew.
On the thread of my Phil and also on other threads many pictures disappeared. Now there is only tiny sign instead of the picture. Is there a way to "bring" them back ? And if not, how can I attach pictures to posts so that they will remain ? I used to do copy & paste to the picture from facebook and it was still there for long time. But Not anymore.
Thank you so much for your good work here. I deeply appreciate it & you.

andrew
06-20-2015, 04:00 PM
Hi hi
Can you please link me to a thread with the issue?

Alysia
06-20-2015, 05:06 PM
Hi hi
Can you please link me to a thread with the issue?

http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/general-wg-chat/4238-update-pberggren-continued.html

andrew
06-21-2015, 02:15 PM
Hmmm...I'm seeing pics ok. Are you seeing the pics on this page?

http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/general-wg-chat/4238-update-pberggren-continued-59.html

me2
06-21-2015, 02:20 PM
I see pics ok too. Hope this helps

mishb
06-21-2015, 03:42 PM
I can see the pictures, just the way they normally are

Alysia
06-21-2015, 09:57 PM
Hmmm...I'm seeing pics ok. Are you seeing the pics on this page?

http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/general-wg-chat/4238-update-pberggren-continued-59.html

Thank you all. I love you.
on this page 59 I do see the pics. But I dont see them for example on pages 49, 50, 51.
Sorry for the burden, andrew.

me2
06-21-2015, 10:02 PM
Ok I don't see pics on 49, 50,51 either

andrew
06-22-2015, 04:10 PM
Thank you all. I love you.
on this page 59 I do see the pics. But I dont see them for example on pages 49, 50, 51.
Sorry for the burden, andrew.

No burden. I don't see them either.

Did you upload the images directly to the site from your computer or copy/paste from somewhere like Facebook?

Alysia
06-23-2015, 11:21 PM
No burden. I don't see them either.

Did you upload the images directly to the site from your computer or copy/paste from somewhere like Facebook?

Thank you. I copy & paste from facebook.

annekat
06-24-2015, 02:41 AM
Personally, I have had more luck copying and pasting from Facebook than uploading directly from my computer. But it has been quite awhile since I tried.

andrew
06-24-2015, 07:57 PM
Thank you. I copy & paste from facebook.

Ahh ok thought so. The web address where the photo is stored isn't working. Not sure if it's expired or moved or whatever but it's a FB thing rather than a website thing. The web address where the picture is stored is the FB photo storage. They'll probably still be on FB but not here. If you want them permanently here then best to upload directly from your computer to posts on this website.

I hope that's clear :) If not let me know.

Alysia
06-24-2015, 09:07 PM
Ahh ok thought so. The web address where the photo is stored isn't working. Not sure if it's expired or moved or whatever but it's a FB thing rather than a website thing. The web address where the picture is stored is the FB photo storage. They'll probably still be on FB but not here. If you want them permanently here then best to upload directly from your computer to posts on this website.

I hope that's clear :) If not let me know.

Thank you very much. one more question, where is the explanation about how to upload a picture from my computer (in this case it is going to be from Phil's computer :love: )

annekat
06-25-2015, 02:00 AM
Thank you very much. one more question, where is the explanation about how to upload a picture from my computer (in this case it is going to be from Phil's computer :love: ) This used to be a lot easier to do, and when inserting a pic, we had the option to upload directly vs. uploading from a URL. Last time I looked, a URL was the only option, which is why we started doing it from Facebook. I know some options have been presented by members for getting a URL for a picture. But it would be a lot easier to just upload directly from our computer files like we could before. (Unless it's been changed again, which I haven't checked....) With the avatar, it's always been possible throughout this time to upload from our computer. It would be nice to have that option with both.

andrew
06-27-2015, 09:04 PM
This used to be a lot easier to do, and when inserting a pic, we had the option to upload directly vs. uploading from a URL. Last time I looked, a URL was the only option, which is why we started doing it from Facebook. I know some options have been presented by members for getting a URL for a picture. But it would be a lot easier to just upload directly from our computer files like we could before. (Unless it's been changed again, which I haven't checked....) With the avatar, it's always been possible throughout this time to upload from our computer. It would be nice to have that option with both.

Ooooookaaaaaayyyy I get it now. You'd think the admin would have a clue about how the site works huh. Let me look into the uploading issue and get back to you.

andrew
06-27-2015, 09:14 PM
Aaaannnd fixed. You should see an option to upload attachments from your computer now.

annekat
06-28-2015, 12:34 PM
Awesome, Andrew. I haven't tried it yet, but just checked the "insert image" function and see that it is now an option, just like before! Thank you very much! Oh, what the heck, here is a pic of me selling my wares at the Olympia Farmers Market. If it works, that is, ha, ha.

Well, it turned out pretty small, but it is there. Oh, now I see it is a thumbnail and can be enlarged by clicking. Can there be any other options, like just showing it larger to begin with? One step at a time, I guess.

andrew
06-28-2015, 02:28 PM
Awesome, Andrew. I haven't tried it yet, but just checked the "insert image" function and see that it is now an option, just like before! Thank you very much! Oh, what the heck, here is a pic of me selling my wares at the Olympia Farmers Market. If it works, that is, ha, ha.

Well, it turned out pretty small, but it is there. Oh, now I see it is a thumbnail and can be enlarged by clicking. Can there be any other options, like just showing it larger to begin with? One step at a time, I guess.

Great testing and feedback, thanks!

I've changed it so original size images are shown. Will see how it goes.

annekat
06-28-2015, 02:38 PM
Great! Thanks!

drz
06-29-2015, 01:33 AM
Nice looking table of wares.

andrew
06-29-2015, 09:59 AM
Nice looking table of wares.

I sometimes use that as a pickup line :) :w00t: :love: :thumbup:

drz
06-29-2015, 11:46 AM
I sometimes use that as a pickup line :) :w00t: :love: :thumbup:

Does it ever work?:wink1::unsure:

annekat
06-29-2015, 12:11 PM
Nice looking table of wares. Thanks, drz! And I must add that it hasn't been used as a pick up line on me, that I knew of, anyway, so obviously if it was, it didn't work.

andrew
06-29-2015, 02:06 PM
Do it ever work?:wink1::unsure:

Not even once

Alysia
06-30-2015, 02:24 AM
Thanks andrew. I appreciate if very much. and thanks Anne for the test. I will try now too.... with picture of my sweetie..... 2145

annekat
06-30-2015, 02:27 AM
Awesome, Alysia! And thanks, Andrew! It works just great!

Alysia
06-30-2015, 02:32 AM
I must add Phil's smile here. as I took a picture of him on skype.

MikeG-2012
07-01-2015, 03:40 AM
Thanks for activating the photo uploading again Andrew! Very cool!

Mike

andrew
07-01-2015, 03:48 PM
Didn't even know it was gone :confused1:

Everyone note I need to be prodded into action as life tears me in several different directions at once almost continuously. So, if you see something that needs attention make a post about it in website issues or send me a PM :wink1:

mishb
07-02-2015, 10:00 PM

I find it very hard to believe that you are in your 60's. I only hope that I can look that young when I am your age. :thumbsup:

One thing I must say though is "get your hands of your hips"
Sorry, my mum has a habit of this, and likes us to tell her when she is doing it.

annekat
07-03-2015, 01:11 AM
Michelle, it was just a lucky shot, and sort of dark and distant. I have good hair color genes and don't dye it. Otherwise, there are pics out there where I look a lot closer to my age. Like my drivers license pic, for example.

Yes, when I posted that pic on Facebook, you admonished me then about the hands on hips. I probably didn't realize I was doing it at the time. Sometimes it is just a comfortable place to put one's hands when standing, instead of having them just dangle awkwardly. But your comment is well taken, and I do think about it every time I find myself with my hands on my hips.

mishb
07-03-2015, 07:33 AM
Michelle, it was just a lucky shot, and sort of dark and distant. I have good hair color genes and don't dye it. Otherwise, there are pics out there where I look a lot closer to my age. Like my drivers license pic, for example.

Yes, when I posted that pic on Facebook, you admonished me then about the hands on hips. I probably didn't realize I was doing it at the time. Sometimes it is just a comfortable place to put one's hands when standing, instead of having them just dangle awkwardly. But your comment is well taken, and I do think about it every time I find myself with my hands on my hips.

I know I did, I was only teasing....... with love :flapper::love:

annekat
07-03-2015, 11:32 AM
I know I did, I was only teasing....... with love :flapper::love: Well, there are certain things that get people's goat, and that could be one of them. When I have both hands on hips, I feel kind of silly and wonder why I'm doing it. Then I put them down and feel the blood rushing down to my fingertips. So that could be one reason. But I think if I was around someone who did it all the time, I'd think they were like a control freak or very officious, something of that nature. So far the best alternative I can think of is folding my arms behind my back. In front looks too authoritarian. The human body is strange. Dogs and cats don't have to think about these things. Anyway, thanks for the love and razzing! Same to you! :biggrin1: :wub:

me2
07-03-2015, 12:13 PM
Michelle's goat lives way out in the back forty and pretty much ignores things- just causing a little mischief now and then as goats will do.

annekat
07-03-2015, 02:26 PM
Michelle's goat lives way out in the back forty and pretty much ignores things- just causing a little mischief now and then as goats will do. LOL, Kirk! :laugh:

Alysia
07-03-2015, 11:58 PM
Anne, I dreamt tonight that you are 26yo. I was happy for you that you are so young. actually you are. with love from me as well.

annekat
07-04-2015, 12:45 AM
Anne, I dreamt tonight that you are 26yo. I was happy for you that you are so young. actually you are. with love from me as well. Thanks, Alysia. I still feel that young. And I'm flattered that I was in your dreams. I love you, too. :love: