PDA

View Full Version : Nose Geysers and other dumb issues

NikkiNicole
06-17-2015, 10:09 AM
I spoke too soon. So much for being all happy and healthy except for my stupid feet.

Seven.

That is the number of nosebleeds I have had in the last three days. Seven. Not just the gentle trickling kind. They spill down the front of my face. I woke up covered in blood, my teeth were rimmed with blood. It's been interesting. I'm also now feeling like I'm swimming against the current again. The foot pain ... my dumb stupid ears hurt, my face.

I'm still hoping there's no flare happening but ... my nose gushing is a HUGE sign of something being amiss.

Has massively frequent nose bleeds been a sign of a flare for anyone else?

drz
06-17-2015, 12:24 PM
I spoke too soon. So much for being all happy and healthy except for my stupid feet.

Seven.

That is the number of nosebleeds I have had in the last three days. Seven. Not just the gentle trickling kind. They spill down the front of my face. I woke up covered in blood, my teeth were rimmed with blood. It's been interesting. I'm also now feeling like I'm swimming against the current again. The foot pain ... my dumb stupid ears hurt, my face.

I'm still hoping there's no flare happening but ... my nose gushing is a HUGE sign of something being amiss.

I had some this winter when my symptoms flared a bit and my ANCA increased. I had infections in my sinuses at the same time which may have caused or contributed to the symptoms. I still want to encourage you to go see some experts and get a thorough evaluation of all your strange symptoms or least get some experts from Mayo or other similar center to consult with a good doctor you trust.

Alysia
06-17-2015, 03:55 PM

Seven.

Yes. I am sorry. Such nose bleeds are an indication for wg activity. Flaring or smoldering. Smoldering is causing damage too, but it can come with labs which seems normal. I had nose bleeds for years of smolderings, resulting in saddle nose. Only rtx stppped it. I think that you need serious doc and serious treatment. Hugs.

me2
06-17-2015, 04:00 PM
My disease began as un-explained big nose bleeds about 38 years ago. It was my very first symptom. I ended up in the ER a few times with bleeds that would not stop. Of course that doesn't mean its a flare for you. I wish I had some suggestion that would help. People without WG get nose bleeds too. I hope you can get yours to stop. Mine quit - even as my disease progressed. I would agree with drz that with this collection of symptoms you should see someone.

mishb
06-18-2015, 09:29 PM
Yes, nose bleeds and facial pains for me too.

Sorry Nikki, but I think it's time to get this looked at :crying: