PDA

View Full Version : Yoga for respiratory and back problems

BookNut
06-16-2015, 04:43 AM
This routine says it is for weight loss. Not sure about that. But it sure helps with back and muscle stiffness and pain. And the last resting pose is magical for opening up your breathing. If you do NOTHING else - take a look at that pose and try it out. If you don't have yoga blocks, just improvise with firm cushions, bolsters or rollef up blankets.

http://www.prevention.com/video/easy-yoga-weight-loss

Hope this is useful.

PS - Debra C pointed out that this link is not working. The url is correct...so if you copy and paste it into your browser, it will come up.

Debbie C
06-16-2015, 11:26 PM
Jacquie,I wasn't able to pull up that site,but yoga is great for a lot of things. I have some dvd's I bought on ebay for a few dollars each and a few of them are yogalaties. Its a combination of yoga and pilates and it is great.I have lost 4 ibs and have really tightened up doing them. I found the dvds are better than my yoga class so I've been doing that instead.

BookNut
06-16-2015, 11:53 PM
Debra - I tried the link and for some reason it does not work when you click on it. However - it DOES work if you copy and paste the link into your web browser. Who knows why?! I will add that note to my post in case anyone else has trouble.

I also have some DVDs. They are much longer than this particular online video. I may be able to graduate to them eventually. Right now, 1-15 minutes of easy moves is all I can handle. But, as you say - Yoga is great for muscle tone. Now that I have taken classes from someone who really knows what she is doing - I feel I can handle using just the videos.

annekat
06-17-2015, 11:36 AM
It did work for me to highlight the link and copy and paste it into my browser address line, or whatever that is called at top of page. The link is just not a live one, for some reason; if it was, it would appear in blue in the text. Anyway, looks like a great video, I bookmarked it and watched the end pose you talked about, the one that helps the breathing. Have not gotten myself set up to try any of this yet, but certainly hope to at some point. Getting a pair of yoga blocks would be a good start, though I know you made suggestions of other things to use. I just think getting the blocks would get me to do it, more likely.

drz
06-17-2015, 12:20 PM
Try this one then: Easy Yoga for Weight Loss | Prevention (http://www.prevention.com/video/easy-yoga-weight-loss)

annekat
06-17-2015, 12:38 PM
There ya go. I could have done that, but didn't think of it.

rebekah
06-18-2015, 03:25 AM
Thanks for sharing this, Jacquie! I love doing yoga and am always up for other videos... I'll do this when I get back home from vacation. :)