PDA

View Full Version : Constipation ???????

Jayne 14
05-24-2015, 11:08 AM
Does anybody else really struggle with this ???
I am struggling , not going very much & in getting horrible pain in my side that drives me mad - taking painkillers to numb it which I'm sure also doesn't help .
On MTX 20 mg , pred 10 mg a day bacterium cocalcefril folic acid
Any advice please

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

drz
05-24-2015, 11:56 AM
Are you taking the usual meds to help avoid it, like fiber , sennokot, and ducosate pills? They seem to help me avoid both the extremes I had before from the treatment meds.

Pete
05-24-2015, 01:36 PM
Jayne, does your doc know about this? Please touch base. Also, I eat yogurt almost daily, eat more fresh fruit and vegetables, prunes a couple times a week. I also have taken OTC probiotic capsules. All of these have kept me regular.

Jayne 14
05-26-2015, 08:38 AM
Cheers guys
I had let the meds to avoid it slip : I'd gotten complacent & then as you can guess total nothing
Drz have started on Movacal sachets that my doc prescribed ( had run out )
Pete : I have started yoghurt ( the good bacteria ones ) and am upping my fruit . Annoyed that I let it get so bad
I've been crying on & off over weekend in pain . But took my MTX yesterday & been sick 6 or 7 times so that's helped .

I love this site & you all xx

Debbie C
05-26-2015, 12:03 PM
Taking pain killers will definately increase the problem. You might want to try adding extra fiber to your diet,like oatmeal. I used to suffer with this problem a lot but eating things like Pete suggested and fiber also there are certain yoga moves ( like sitting on the floor with your legs stretched in front of you, act like you are rowing a boat or standing up ,squat half way down like you are going to sit then stand back up. Hope this helps,I know how miserable you can feel. I don't take mtx but do you split the dose like others do on here...maybe that too will help Good luck !

drz
05-27-2015, 09:02 AM
It is also important to drink lots of water and other liquids.

MikeG-2012
05-28-2015, 04:56 AM
It is also important to drink lots of water and other liquids.

Absolutely!! I agree!

JeanMarie
05-28-2015, 06:24 AM
Pain enough to bring tears to your eyes--you need to see the doctor. I wouldn't wait.

me2
05-29-2015, 01:20 AM
I am familiar with this kind of misery. Some good suggestions already. I think the problem of the painkillers cannot be stressed enough. If I take them I am instantly frozen like a brick.

I never take them without FIRST taking large doses of Senna and ducolax. Even then I can still have problems. Another trick that the old folks used (which includes ME now) was prunes and prune juice. They really do work magic and taste good. I get nice fresh dried prunes from my local food Co-op. I hope you get back to normal soon. Or even better than normal.

drz
05-29-2015, 11:43 AM
I am familiar with this kind of misery. Some good suggestions already. I think the problem of the painkillers cannot be stressed enough. If I take them I am instantly frozen like a brick.

I never take them without FIRST taking large doses of Senna and ducolax. Even then I can still have problems. Another trick that the old folks used (which includes ME now) was prunes and prune juice. They really do work magic and taste good. I get nice fresh dried prunes from my local food Co-op. I hope you get back to normal soon. Or even better than normal.

Drinking prune juice is also good. There is a dish made mostly from stewed prunes and raisins that tastes good and is also helpful.

Jayne 14
06-07-2015, 12:23 PM
Thank u all
I'm feeling much better , more fruit eaten - with active yoghurt every morning
Movacal taken
More water every day : and the pain has gone & no more tears , will never let it get so bad again !!