PDA

View Full Version : Vitiligo

Il_Randyb
04-28-2015, 03:18 AM
Hey all, hope everyone is doing well.

Hey I have a somewhat minor but troubling issue of Vitiligo. I was told it is not uncommon for kidney disease patients (which I am thanks to Wegs) to get it and I have read that it is commonly associated with autoimmune diseases. Wondering if anyone else on here has this and if so have you found any way to deal with it? With summer almost here I fear sun and the result of the contrast on my skin areas being even greater.

Thanks

Randy

JeanMarie
04-29-2015, 12:32 AM
I had not heard of this--another little goodie from the disease that keeps on giving. I just read an article in Wikipedia about it. I hope your doctors can help to keep it under control.

vdub
05-05-2015, 02:32 PM
I had never heard of Vitiligo and had to google it. I also didn't know it was more common with kidney disease. Really strange. I don't believe anyone on the forum has brought it up before, so this is new territory.

Rini
05-05-2015, 05:49 PM
My best friend has this but most "spots" have faded away. There are treatments that are less harmful than the laser stuff doctors tend to recommend. I will have to ask her more about it. It is a very pretty look. I think this might have been MJ's problem tho... taken to the extreme.

Why Michael Jackson's Skin Turned White as He Got Older (http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2014/09/michael-jacksons-skin-turn-white-got-older-2/)

dawncelest
05-06-2015, 01:34 PM
Hi :) I have mild Livedo reticularis. It's vascular and looks like a reddish purple fishnet or lace pattern on my skin. I'm very fair so the little skin I have left that's not tattooed you can see it especially when I'm cold. I do have overlapping autoimmune diseases and now a IgG immunodeficiency

dawncelest
05-06-2015, 01:36 PM
It's in the same family as Vitiligo