PDA

View Full Version : New to site

Maggie
04-16-2015, 08:38 AM
Hi my name is Maggie and my husband was diagnosed with wegners three years ago. He is experiencing his first flar up and they have put him back on prednisone and want to try ritoxin on him ( I think I spelled that right?? ) has anyone taken this drug? Thank you.
Weggie wife

renidrag
04-16-2015, 08:50 AM
Hello Maggie, Rituxan is popular although I have not had the need. Others will be along to give their accounts of their use soon. Please share more of your husband and your story.
Dale

MikeG-2012
04-16-2015, 09:16 AM
Hi my name is Maggie and my husband was diagnosed with wegners three years ago. He is experiencing his first flar up and they have put him back on prednisone and want to try ritoxin on him ( I think I spelled that right?? ) has anyone taken this drug? Thank you.
Weggie wife

Maggie: There are a lot of us that have had Rituxan. On easy way to see our stories is to type Rituxan into the search box at the top of the screen. You'll be surprised at the number of topics and postings about Rituxan. Best part is, you don't have to wait for people to type a response. The info is there waiting for you!

Maggie
04-16-2015, 12:56 PM
Hello again, another question, does anyone make grunting noises while sleeping? I feel like my husband is straining to breath when he is asleep and he makes these grunting type noises that will sometimes wake him up! He has a sleep study test setup but they can't get him in until July. Just wondering if this is common with wegs.
thanks.

renidrag
04-16-2015, 01:05 PM
Can't say that I had grunting noises but do have snoring issues. Find they are eased by "sitting up" while I sleep
Dale

annekat
04-16-2015, 03:25 PM
Welcome, Maggie! I haven't used Rituxin (RTX for short), but as has been said, many others here have, and a search on it in our archives is a great idea. And yes, we'd like to to hear more about your husband's case, the background, what areas are involved, what his treatments have been, etc. There is a lot of variation in how WG presents and is treated. There will no doubt be others who have been through very similar things to what he has. I'm sorry you had a reason to come here, but am glad you did! Being here makes a huge difference in understanding what is going on with WG, and there are lots of enthusiastic listeners who will give their input and support gladly. It's a hard disease to be alone with, and here, that will never happen.

MikeG-2012
04-17-2015, 02:29 AM
Hello again, another question, does anyone make grunting noises while sleeping? I feel like my husband is straining to breath when he is asleep and he makes these grunting type noises that will sometimes wake him up! He has a sleep study test setup but they can't get him in until July. Just wondering if this is common with wegs. thanks.

I wonder if he has nasal obstructions/crusts that are not letting him breath through his nose?

Jaha
04-17-2015, 03:26 AM
Maggie,
I'm glad that you found us and welcome. This forum is a great resource to have. The members are so caring and will help you understand this crazy journey. I admire you for being an advocate for your husband, it really does help to have our mates keep us on track. There is always somebody online to talk with and sometimes help you release some frustrations.I wish your husband and you all the best with his RTX tx's.

kaysee
04-19-2015, 01:48 PM
Welcome to the forum Maggie,
I have had two rounds of rituxan treatments and they work well for me. I had the usual pred prescription as well but I am weaned off it now. I had the last rtx infusions in Oct, off pred by mid Feb and now I'm on no drigs for WG. Unfortuantely I'm on lots of drugs for the problems caused by WG before we knew I had it. Took two years to find a dr who could tell me what was wrong and start treatment for it. Not sleeping at night is a common problem for those of us with WG and on pred. WG does cause lots of sinus issues and that may be causing some breathing issues. Don't know if I make noises in my sleep as I live alone. My dog had not complained at least.

Debbie C
04-19-2015, 11:30 PM
Hi Maggie and again "glad you found us". Like others have said he may be having issues with his sinuses due to wg. He should probably find a good ent that is experienced with this disease and get checked out.