PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Clinic STILL causing trouble

BookNut
04-02-2015, 04:21 PM
Some of you know of the endless nightmare of inefficiency I went through last summer. My last visit was 10-10-2014. They have been billing for the ENTIRE day's procedures....including the CT Scan. Every time we contact our insurance, they say the bill has never been recieved. When we call CC financial they SAY they will take care of it. But the same freakin' bill shows up in our mailbox every month, and our insurance keeps saying they will happily pay it...if they would just SEND THEM THE BILL. The #*> bill is not even itemized...just a bill for $2,395! Thank God, today we asked the insurance rep to look at the diary to see how many times we have called. This wonderful rep arranged a conference call so that she, my husband, myself and the CC rep could hash it out together.

We will be checking back next week to see if they FINALLY get the bill to our insurance company. I suppose maybe we are just too impatient. After all, it's only been SIX MONTHS!!

Thanks for listening to my rant. Hope those of you who celebrate have a great holiday, and that everyone has beautiful spring weather. I am in one of my flu-like downturns...but am on the mend. My new shots seem to lower the number of bad times and reduce them from 2-3 weeks to 2-3 days. Awesome. So...there IS good news too!

Pete
04-03-2015, 12:20 AM
The wheels of the medical insurance bureaucracy grind slowly, but they do grind. Hope the billing issue is resolved. Glad to hear you're feeling better.

annekat
04-03-2015, 05:14 AM
Sorry to hear of this continued frustration, Jacquie! It's disconcerting, knowing that everyone else here who goes to CC seems quite happy. Of course there may be differences in how the different departments manage things, but billing is billing. Has someone not accurately reported your insurance information to the billing department? That happened to me recently with a blood test that should have been completely covered by Medicare, but I was billed for. Just one careless employee at the lab who didn't fill out the paperwork completely. I think it will be cleared up. And after 6 months, I'm sure you have already pursued that possibility. Best of luck that it gets resolved!

Anyway, I'm glad there is good news about your shots helping your breathing issues, and hope the flu-like thing vanishes soon. I've just been through something like that, too, which was pretty light, but just kept dragging on. It's better now. I hope you are getting some good spring weather yourself and a few flowers poking up. Happy Easter!

Debbie C
04-03-2015, 12:32 PM
Hopefully that conference call got everything resolved.
Glad to hear you are still feeling somewhat better.
We were supposed to have were supposed to have a nice 68 degree day but it rained all day and now they are calling for snow flurries tonight and tomorrow,My Christmas catus is STILL blooming ,poor plant doesn't know its spring either !
Hope everyone has a save, blessed, HAPPY EASTER !!!!

annekat
04-03-2015, 12:45 PM
Hopefully that conference call got everything resolved.
Glad to hear you are still feeling somewhat better.
We were supposed to have were supposed to have a nice 68 degree day but it rained all day and now they are calling for snow flurries tonight and tomorrow,My Christmas catus is STILL blooming ,poor plant doesn't know its spring either !
Hope everyone has a save, blessed, HAPPY EASTER !!!! Snow! Oh, no! Didn't you have a CT scan today, Debra? Maybe you don't have the results yet. How are you feeling! Happy Easter to all!