PDA

View Full Version : Results back - c ANCA up again

hrnn
03-12-2015, 03:35 AM
Hi, all!

my wife's treatment seems to be working well. In the past weeks the granuloma disappeared completely, she's been getting her prednisone dose down and the results were showing a decreasing value of c-ANCA.

The last result though went from the all time low 1:20 (which is also the limit normal value) to 1:40.

The appointment with the doctor is still in a few weeks (results come by mail) and we are struggling on how to interpret this.

Is it that the c'ANCA values are just "dancing" around that value?
is it the disease's activity showing?
prednisone related?

I welcome any input you have!

thanks in advance!

Pete
03-12-2015, 04:13 AM
Hi,

A key question in this situation is how well your wife feels. The c-ANCA test in isolation doesn't really tell much about disease activity. What are her inflammation test results (sedimentation rate and C-reactive protein)? If those are significantly above normal and getting higher, that would be cause for concern.

Mas78
03-12-2015, 01:50 PM
I agree with Pete, my ANCA was still elevated when I got off treatment, remained low positive for a number of years and last summer came back with the 1:20. my sed rate and CRP were still ok a month ago, so my doctor doesn't feel I need any treatment for my WG.
I understand being concerned about the lab, but again like Pete said it will really be based off if you wife notices any changes. I would hate to guess how many times I've been asked over the last 14 years how I feel compared to my last visit.