PDA

View Full Version : Still Confused

OJSRLS
03-10-2015, 05:06 AM
Oh well another positive ANCA but no specific target to biopsy. Sent to cardiologist for chest pain and short of air. Echo showed a leaking heart valve. Is Wegener's there just waiting? Confused again but should be happy Dr. doesn't want to put me through the treatment regime with out a Biopsy to confirm. Worried about how much damage might be done before symptoms show up. Has anyone had 3 positive ANCAs without a confirmed diagnosis? :confused1:

godgirl
03-10-2015, 05:50 AM
I've had two... and no diagnosis. My doc also won't diagnose without a biopsy.

However, that said, they are treating me - because of damage done and possible future damage if they didn't treat it. (sight and hearing mostly) I'm on 25mg/1ml methotrexate (injection) and 8mg prednisone.

What kind of symptoms are you having? And they aren't treating you at all?

Jen

OJSRLS
03-10-2015, 07:48 AM
Mainly upper airway feels narrowed, my MD treated with one 6 day predisone regiment along with albuterol inhaler. My blood pressure was also averaging 175/95 with my lower number climbing as high as 110. My Reumy put me on 1 med. for blood pressure and sent me to Cardiologist who ordered another prescription and an Echo Cardiogram. This showed a leaking valve. Have a follow up app. in April.

im so blessed
03-11-2015, 02:22 AM
Have you had a scope of your trachea? Its done in office thru an ent. Shortness of breath could be a sign of stenosis. They would surely dx you if you have this.