PDA

View Full Version : Sweats

seashells
03-08-2015, 07:52 AM
I was curious if anybody else has severe sweats with their WG? I can be sitting still and all of a sudden my head just be soaked and its even worse if I'm trying to do stuff. They just recently upped my steroid cause they are pretty sure I'm in a flare. Go back to Dr Wednesday.

Pete
03-08-2015, 08:25 AM
Sweats - especially night sweats - are usually an indicator that a flare is underway. Hope your doc catches it early so you don't get too sick.

renidrag
03-08-2015, 10:12 AM
Agree with Pete, again
Dale

drz
03-08-2015, 10:14 AM
Sweats - especially night sweats - are usually an indicator that a flare is underway. Hope your doc catches it early so you don't get too sick.

I wonder if might also happen from the high dosages of perd meds we sometimes take. I know it was a problem for me in my early stages of treatment. Some times they had to change the bedding as well as my pajamas as they were soaked from night sweats.

seashells
03-08-2015, 10:19 AM
I wish it was just at night. I was sitting at my son's basketball game and my head just felt soaked. It's embarrassing people just look at you like you have a third head. My aunt informed me I was to young for the change lol. I tried to explain it was probably my meds but she didn't get it.

Jaha
03-10-2015, 11:05 AM
I am sorry that you are having those sweating episodes, I have them too. I was dx'd in 2010 still on 13mg of preds and still breakout into a sweat and I agree, it's so embarrassing in public. I really don't get a good answer as to why I do this, from my docs. I also have people look at me strange, offer me water and think I'm ready to pass out I hope that you receive treatment that will make you feel better soon. All the best to you.

seashells
03-10-2015, 11:09 AM
Thanks everybody for the comments. Makes me feel not so lonely. Went to dr today and she gave me more antibiotics. Said she wished they would get it together cause she hates putting me on more cause one of these days they won't work anymore. Also my ana was almost 13000. I'm guessing that is way high.

vdub
03-10-2015, 05:29 PM
I don't know that it necessarily indicates a flare. I've never noticed that connection. But, sweats? Yes indeed! And, like you said, almost any amount of excursion and you really sweat. That has been the case for me for the past 5 years.

Mas78
03-11-2015, 02:18 PM
I had sweats mostly at night. i would soak my pillow and sheets. after my WG got under control I haven't had much of an issue with it.

Psyborg
03-11-2015, 11:11 PM
I'm basically in remission but I have constant night sweats. Very annoying :) They've been pretty much constant since I was diagnosed in 2010.

me2
03-12-2015, 04:11 AM
For me the night sweats happened with WG and sweating during the day with pred. . Yes, it was really embaressing.
A tactic that I used was to carry changes of shirts with me all the time and just keep changing shirts as needed.
I still carry spare shirts in my car. It should get better when you can decrease your prednisone.

MikeG-2012
03-12-2015, 05:12 AM
I had sweats mostly at night. i would soak my pillow and sheets. after my WG got under control I haven't had much of an issue with it.

This is me too. Pretty much gone once I was off the pred finally.

annekat
03-13-2015, 03:50 PM
I've gotten sweats mainly at night when having flares, or originally while sick before dx and on no meds. Once in awhile, though, during the day, which I guess could be from the pred, but just not as extreme as what some have mentioned. Not to where I have to bring extra clothes anywhere, or beads of sweat running down my face, but just to the point of being a bit uncomfortable. Actually, for me, less problematic than menopause hot flashes were. Everyone is different.

renidrag
03-14-2015, 12:15 PM
I have mini sweats at times however when I try to do something requiring some exertion, I'm dripping. Off all meds and still!
Dale

renidrag
04-20-2015, 10:03 AM
Time to get back to stenosis. I would have Putinized myself if I could.

annekat
04-29-2015, 02:03 PM
Time to get back to stenosis. I would have Putinized myself if I could. Actually, Dale, the whole thread has been about sweats! Unless I'm totally confused. But there are only 2 pages, and seashells started the thread with a post about Sweats, which was misclassified under Tracheal Stenosis! So, no, you didn't do anything. We can talk about stenosis, but you might just want to start a new thread or pick up on one that really was about that!

Rini
04-29-2015, 04:13 PM
I would wake up in a bed soaked to the mat and have to throw it all in the wash and sleep on the sofa in shorts. It would happen mostly as I was sleeping. I still find now (being really close to formal remission) I get worm when I sleep after a harder day. It is a lot less intense now, for a bit i was almost convinced I was going through menopause at 20! This was not a problem be for wg presented.

mishb
04-29-2015, 06:58 PM
If you google the symptoms of menopause, they are virtually the same of WG :crying:

How lucky am I to have turned 50 and be going through both of these conditions :razz:

Gotta love the sweats - NOT !!!! :angry:

annekat
04-29-2015, 11:39 PM
Wow, Michelle. I can't imagine it. I'm so glad I went through menopause well before contracting WG. That I know of, anyway.... I know everyone is different, but for me, the menopause sweats were worse, and to have Wegs on top of that, well, .... just , wow. I hope your menopause is a short one.

mishb
05-01-2015, 05:55 PM
Thanks Anne,

Actually apart from the sweats it's not bad.

I was just amazed that most of the signs are exactly the same as our symptoms.

Hey, here's a thought, maybe I don't even have Wegener's and it's been menopause all of these years - wishful thinking :razz:

Rini
05-02-2015, 01:52 AM
Thanks Anne,

Actually apart from the sweats it's not bad.

I was just amazed that most of the signs are exactly the same as our symptoms.

Hey, here's a thought, maybe I don't even have Wegener's and it's been menopause all of these years - wishful thinking :razz:

I will have to do it twice not that im mostly stable and in my 20's -_-. I herd its less bad if you do the steroids and surgeries and THEN the menopause but i suspect they are about the same in any order. Fortunately Mr. Rini has now survived one and will easily be able to survive another ;)

annekat
05-02-2015, 02:28 AM
For me, the WG sweats didn't last long, just during the initial treatment phase and then a little bit during flares, or the beginnings of them. Everyone is different.

tac
10-15-2019, 04:48 PM
I am so glad this post is here! YES, I sweat, sometimes worse then others, I feel pred. helps with this. It is when I am amoldering or flaring, which seems like all the time lately!