PDA

View Full Version : Taking Mycophenolate and Omeprazone

Jaha
03-05-2015, 03:15 PM
I had read some where that you weren't suppose to take an anti-acid when you are taking Cellcept or Myocphenolate. Well I have been on both for almost over 2yrs. I looked up the drug interactions and what it said was that omeprazone tends to make Mycophenolate not work effectively. I wonder if that is why I'm not in remission yet. I know that I also have other issues, but I feel like crap most of the time. I can't believe that my WGs Doc didn't catch this, I was on it, the ome before dx. The last appt she dismissed some of the symptoms of activity of WGs. I am really upset about having to be on preds so long that it has cause cushings and terrible weight gain and more than likely the Cellcept hasn't really done what it should have. I sorry I'm venting, but I'm feeling very discussed about how my treatment has gone. I just hope others aren't taking stomach medication and it's making your other meds not work correctly.:angry:

drz
03-05-2015, 03:18 PM
I had read some where that you weren't suppose to take an anti-acid when you are taking Cellcept or Myocphenolate. Well I have been on both for almost over 2yrs. I looked up the drug interactions and what it said was that omeprazone tends to make Mycophenolate not work effectively. I wonder if that is why I'm not in remission yet. I know that I also have other issues, but I feel like crap most of the time. I can't believe that my WGs Doc didn't catch this, I was on it, the ome before dx. The last appt she dismissed some of the symptoms of activity of WGs. I am really upset about having to be on preds so long that it has cause cushings and terrible weight gain and more than likely the Cellcept hasn't really done what it should have. I sorry I'm venting, but I'm feeling very discussed about how my treatment has gone. I just hope others aren't taking stomach medication and it's making your other meds not work correctly.:angry:

Maybe that is why they gave me Imuran cause I take two Protonix every day plus calcium in form of tums.

BookNut
03-05-2015, 04:54 PM
How frustrating!! I wonder if there is another medicine that would help with your stomach/reflux issues without interfering with your other meds?