PDA

View Full Version : 2015 VF Vasculitis Patient and Caregiver Conference - Cleveland Clinic

Pete
03-02-2015, 04:10 AM
The Vasculitis Foundation is offering a 1/2 day seminar "Patient and Caregiver Conference" at the Intercontinental Hotel Cleveland Clinic, 9801 Carnegie Ave, Cleveland on Tuesday April 28 from 1 - 5 PM. Cost is $20/person. Registration deadline is April 22, 2015. Here is link to register: Vasculitis Foundation (http://www.vasculitisfoundation.org/?p331753). Parking is nearby in Clinic Parking Garage #2 at the corner of Carnegie and E 100 St.

Agenda is:
1:00 - Welcome and intros - Joyce Kullman (Executive Director VF) and Carol Langford, MD, Cleveland Clinic
1:10 - Intro to Vasculitis - Dr Langford
1:50 - Small Vessel Vasculitis (EGPA/Churg Strauss, GPA/Wegener's, MPA) Dr Alexandra Villa Forte (Cleveland Clinic)
2:30 - Recognition of Gary Hoffman MD
2:45 - Break
3:10 - Large Vessel Vasculitis Dr Carmen Gota (Cleveland Clinic)
3:50 - CNS Vasculitis Dr Fula Hajj-Ali (Cleveland Clinic)
4:30 - Research update Dr Langford
5:00 - Wrap-up and Adjourn

For those who are Major League Baseball fans, the Indians are playing the Kansas City Royals that night beginning at 6:10 PM. The stadium is about a 15-minute drive from the Clinic. If you go to the game, you may want to dress for cool/cold weather. With the winter we're having, it may not warm up until June. :wink: Tickets can be bought at Indians Schedule | indians.com: Schedule (http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=cle#y=2015&m=4&calendar=DEFAULT)

vdub
03-02-2015, 10:19 AM
That's good info, Pete! You wouldn't even have to be a baseball fan. Just getting to spend some beer/hotdog time with fellows weggies would be enough of a motive to go to the game. :-)

Debbie C
03-02-2015, 01:01 PM
I just got that newsletter also Pete...are you going to go.I thought about it but since they are only going to talk "small vessel" for a couple of hours,I"m not going.

Jaha
03-03-2015, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the info Pete, I would like to attend this. That is quite an opportunity to have those big hitters speak at the same event. The cost is very reasonable.