PDA

View Full Version : Waiting Again

OJSRLS
02-21-2015, 01:26 AM
Been seeing my family Dr. couldn't see him so saw his assistant for upper airway congestion and short of air and high blood pressure. Said upper airways were tight but lower fields were clear didn't address Blood pressure that was averaging 170/100. Gave me 6 day course of decreasing Predisone and put me on iron supplement as Hemoglobin was low. Blood pressure spiked again so made app with my Reumy. He put me on BP medication and Flonase for sinus thought upper airway may be from sinus drainage. Chest xray was clear. Still waiting for results of ANCA and CBC. Reumy does not want to put me through infusion process without finding something to biopsy. Has anyone else had positive ANCA without a specific target to biopsy? Haven't felt right for a long time. Guess will wait and see again. :confused1:

vdub
02-21-2015, 06:08 PM
I'm guessing your doc hasn't dx'ed you yet for wegs. According to mayo (link below), they don't recommend that a dx be made on anca alone, so he's probably just waiting. Let's hope you don't have wegs (gpa) or mpa.

Positive ANCA info (see the paragraph titled "Cautions") (http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/test-catalog/Clinical+and+Interpretive/9441)