PDA

View Full Version : 2nd sinus infection of the year

Jayne 14
02-18-2015, 12:06 PM
Woke up in the middle of the night to massive pain in my face
Took some painkillers & after a hr or so got back to sleep
When I did get up for the day and looked in the mirror ...........swollen nose & eyes ............ Doctor said sinus infection ( again ) and gave me some antibiotics & said a week off MTX
Just feel really low & frustrated

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alias
02-18-2015, 12:51 PM
My sympathy Jayne. I have had really annoying head cold symptoms for several weeks now. No infection... as far as I know. This is the first real cold I've had since starting treatment, and I'm learning what a bummer it is to have sinus pain and nasal congestion with a nose that is no longer an efficient self-cleaning mechanism! Rinsing is not so effective and sleep is more difficult than usual. My doctor has also advised taking one or two weeks off of MTX when I have a cold and/or fever. On the bright side, I consider taking a break from MTX a slight consolation....

Debbie C
02-18-2015, 01:52 PM
I have to go to the ent on Thurs. My nose has been hurting and it keeps getting ice cold. I kinda also think I have a sinus infection with this cold weather. But since I had c-diff before I will NOT take any antibiatics. I hope thats all it is and not wg. Wish me luck !!

Jayne 14
02-19-2015, 11:21 AM
I'm wishing u luck Debra C & Alaskatom yes a break from MTX is a bonus , but to be honest I'm bored of being bloody sick & can do without a swollen pair of eyes & nose !!!!
This disease sucks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk