PDA

View Full Version : Did you display cholesterol problem????

isi14
02-17-2015, 07:02 AM
I want to tell you that the therapy i used was initially 50mg cortisone, ciclofosfamide, and now my cure is 5 mg cortisone and mycophenolate di 100 mg.A problem that was shown during this period was higher cholesterol values for which take medicine vyttoril.Did you display cholesterol problem????

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

vdub
02-17-2015, 02:26 PM
Yes, it can effect cholesterol. See the side-effects discussion at this url.....
Prednisone & LDL Cholesterol | LIVESTRONG.COM (http://www.livestrong.com/article/408743-prednisone-ldl-cholesterol/)

I can't vouche for how good the livestrong site is, but I'm sure you can find additional discussions on the web.

When you say you are taking "cortisone", does that mean prednisone or hydrocortisone. Both are cortisones, but have different strengths -- prednisone being about 4 times more powerful than hydro cortisone.

isi14
02-17-2015, 07:17 PM
The doctors told me that is genetic too for because i have done the analise of adn.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Tom
02-25-2015, 02:59 PM
I was taken off my cholestoral meds after my cancer in 2006 and resumed another med later on! When I was dx with Wegeners, I was taken off all cholesterol meds and it has something to do with the wegs meds I take, 1st the cyclofosomide and then the Cellcept! The goal is to lower it through diet because the med would only complicate the biggest issue which is Wegs!

mrtmeo
02-26-2015, 05:53 AM
This new study points out that higher cholesterol is no longer a risk, but a benefit, especially in women.

CONCLUSION:Our study provides an updated epidemiological indication of possible errors in the CVD risk algorithms of many clinical guidelines. If our findings are generalizable, clinical and public health recommendations regarding the 'dangers' of cholesterol should be revised. This is especially true for women, for whom moderately elevated cholesterol (by current standards) may prove to be not only harmless but even beneficial.

Is the use of cholesterol in mortality risk algorithms in clinical ... - PubMed - NCBI (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21951982)

Debbie C
02-26-2015, 06:56 AM
Well if that is true Blake..I should be in great shape. I know mine was high the last I had it checked. :)

drz
02-26-2015, 02:40 PM
One of my doctors told me they no longer recommend every one take statins to get cholesterol levels down to the low number they used to recommend for everyone so I guess they are backing off pushing statins. A couple years another one of my doctors told me the research didn't support any improvement in health for having low cholesterol readings and they also had cut down my statin usage since it also raises liver enzymes as does azathioprine which they deemed more important for me to take at a higher dosage.

Debbie C
02-27-2015, 06:30 AM
It was just on the Nightly News last night that they are not concerned too much anymore about the LDL especially in women anymore. Just like before eggs were bad for you ,now they are good.
Just wait ,in a fews years we will all find out we really don't have wg it will be something else that is curable !!!!!