PDA

View Full Version : Xngo Juice - Anyone Tried it or Heard of It?

danny
11-16-2009, 08:00 PM
Hi all,

Has anyone heard about a juice product (Mangostein Juice) from a company called Xango. Ive come in contact with this guy in Australia who claims to have been cured from Wegners with this juice. Its expensive so before I give it a try I thought I would ask if anyone else has heard of or even tried it?

Some info -
Benefits of Xango Mangosteen Juice | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=18612862616&topic=2941)

http://www.nutritionandhealthonline.com/mangosteentestimonials.htm

elephant
11-16-2009, 09:55 PM
Hi Danny, the only cure for Wegener's Disease is immunosuppressive medicine (Prednisone, cyclosporine, methotrexate, imuran, cytoxan, cellcept...) . Don't waste your money. I went to one of the best doctors in the states and if they had a natural cure they would be the first to know. Many of us wish we could take a powerful juice and cure this. :)

Jack
11-16-2009, 10:22 PM
Don't go near it! I'm sure that if it worked one of the vasculitis research groups would be recommending it.
Remember, if you mess with your Wegener's medication and get it wrong, you could end up in serious trouble!

Sangye
11-17-2009, 02:07 AM
If the ingredients listed are accurate, then it's very high in antioxidants and xanthones. Xanthones are natural anti-inflammatory agents found in many foods.

In isolation, its anti-inflammatory properties would benefit someone with Wegs. However, that couldn't cure Wegs since it does nothing to reverse the autoimmune process, which is the underlying dysfunction in Wegs. Inflammation is the result of that dysfunction.

There is also the question of other ingredients in the fruit. Nature is quite good at putting powerful nutrients together in one "package." The info on mangosteen only mentions the antioxidants and xanthones. I'd bet that it also has a fair amount of natural immune-boosting nutrients. (In addition to the antioxidants, several of which are immune-boosting) If you boost the immune system, you'll cause Wegs to go wild. Boosting the immune system is opposite to the drugs. Because Wegs can do silent damage, you might be close to death before you even know the Wegs flared.

(I don't agree with the "If it worked, our doctors would recommend it" argument, though. Medical doctors have no training in natural medicine or in advanced clinical nutrition--only in pharmaceutical medicine. That doesn't make them experts across the board, only in their specialty. Too bad society can't get that straight.)

So my opinion on the juice is that it might be great for someone without Wegs.

Cindy
11-17-2009, 03:00 AM
Sorry Danny but I totally agree with everything Sangye said! I teach Health Science at a university. The last thing you want to do is boost your immune system.

katwoman
11-21-2009, 09:31 AM
Hi Danny, I'm an Aussie with WG and I wouldn't touch it - totally agree with all the other comments and when I was originally diagnosed my immunologist at the hospital warned me to stay away from natural products while on medication as it can mess with them, its a good idea with any natural supplements to check with your doctor before hand.

I'll echo the words of elephant 'don't waste your money'.

Doug
11-21-2009, 09:42 AM
This is the first time I have read that anyone's doctor specifically warned about using natural products to deal with WG. Aside from our own Sangye, anyway! Thanks for putting that comment in katwoman.

I know there is a whole body of thought on natural products, but for anyone, let alone and especially a weggie, to self-medicate without an informed, trained voice to guide them invites tragedy. To use natural products without that informed advice is nothing less than self-medication. If your doctors are unaware of what you are self-medicating with, the possibility of drug-natural health aid interactions increases, with more dangers for you.

Gad! This seems to be my day to pontificate! I truly am sorry!:p

jola57
11-22-2009, 05:45 PM
I tried xango at the very beginning of my wegs and beyond having a nice taste it didn't do anything except put a dent in my pocket, just to let everone know I tool it for 6 months