PDA

View Full Version : Pet Talk

Sangye
11-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Since most of us have pets and love to talk about them, I thought I'd start an Off-Topic thread where our pets are the topic!

My dog Patch-- the white/black one in my avatar-- is crazy smart. The other day he walked around with a post-it note stuck on his foot. Now, most dogs would tear it off in a heartbeat, right? Not my boy. He watches everything. I've had a lot of paperwork to do lately, and I used a lot of post-it notes. I think my baby boy figured out that post-it notes mean "Pay Attention to This" so he "noted" himself.

My dog Lotus-- the black one-- is Patch's intellectual opposite. I read once that you can test the intelligence of a dog by putting a towel over them and counting how long it takes for them to shake it off. I inadvertently conducted this experiment on both Patch and Lotus. I wasn't feeling well a couple weeks ago and spent most of the day in bed, really out of it. When I'm that sick, I invite the dogs on the bed for snuggles. Lotus was laying right next to me. I fell into a deep sleep. I got up to go to the bathroom and was still in a total haze. I tossed the blankets across the bed. When I came back, Patch was on the floor staring at me. Lotus was nowhere to be seen. I called and called. Finally she poked the tip of her nose out from under the blankets. She was completely covered by a sheet and two blankets. If I hadn't called her she would have suffocated under there. That's my little girl. So much cute, not much room for brains. :)

onatreetop
11-15-2009, 03:12 PM
Sounds like fun. I have the four kitties as everyone probably knows. There is the three litter mates , Oreo, Cheeto and Fluffy. The addition is mini-kitty, Jasmine. Pound and vet. kitties. All growing so fast. Oreo is the heavy wieght and Jasmine( my avatar) is the wino or physco kitty.

We also have a fish tank too (29 gallon). Have since the kids came. We have been through hermerts crabs and frogs see -though shrimp. Everything was in a tank until kitties. Now we are letting them loose!!!

Doug
11-16-2009, 04:01 AM
My poor cat started out as Lucy until I learned he wasn't female....

Lucy became Ginger, a perfectly good orange cat name until a friend of my Seattle sister said that was a "sissy" name. So Ginger became Louie. As Louie's personality became evident, his personality seemed less French ("I irritate you because I can") and more German (he irritates because he's pig-headed!).

So the name progression went Lucy>Ginger>Louis>Ludwig (pronounced the German way as LOOD-vik). Ludwig is the German form of Louis (French) and Luigi (Italian), which definitely is not this cat's personality!

I mention Ludwig's pigheadedness because he seems to be eating too little, if the instructions on the pet food containers mean anything. For a found cat, he is very particular about his food. What seemed at first to be a matter of he ate very little because he wasn't an active cat now seems to be he's an inactive cat because he eats too little.

Cats carry their weight oddly, so I brought up my weight concern the first week I had him and had him at the vet's. That's when what felt like "backbone and ribs" was proclaimed to be a cat trending toward overweight!

I think his weight is unchanged or about the same, so far as I can determine weighing myself, then us to gether, and subtracting my weight. Maybe he figured out how to open the refrigerator!

Cindy
11-16-2009, 05:45 AM
Doug, I have several cats and being able to feel their backbone and ribs is not normal or overweight! Something is either wrong (is Ludwig peeing a lot) or he is under weight. I let my cats free-fed (meaning there is always food out for them to eat. Does he like his food? Is it hard or soft or both? I would love to help you on this matter.

Sangye
11-16-2009, 08:55 AM
Since so many members have rabbits and/or kids.....

http://icanhascheezburger.wordpress.com/files/2009/11/funny-pictures-your-bunny-talks-back.jpg (http://icanhascheezburger.com/2009/11/15/funny-pictures-talking-back/)

(http://icanhascheezburger.com/)

Doug
11-16-2009, 04:00 PM
Doug, I have several cats and being able to feel their backbone and ribs is not normal or overweight! Something is either wrong (is Ludwig peeing a lot) or he is under weight. I let my cats free-fed (meaning there is always food out for them to eat. Does he like his food? Is it hard or soft or both? I would love to help you on this matter.

And I'd appreciate some guidance. I put out soft food at 6 am and 6 pm, and leave crunchies out all day around, with a good supply of water. I don't think I've seen him go crazy over either kind. The soft he licks the juices off of and eats some of the meat. I know he likes turkey, doesn't get too excited about liver. As for the crunchy style, I bought another brand (Iams hairball formula) When I first got him, he liked the turkey version of the soft cat food (so-called "gourmet"- it's meat in a gravy). As a new cat person, I have no sense of what constitutes normal eating or urinating or defecating habits. I dig out a fair amount of urine clumps, perhaps more than of the poop in a week's time. I clean the litter box daily, so I'll try to keep a better accounting of this. I plan on making an appointment to see the vet this week if I can get in because he does seem thinner since I brought him home. I don't have a good way to weigh him, and the method I use suggests he hasn't lost weight.

I just changed his dry food to the Iams hairball formula (yippee!), and Ludwig wolfed it down. That's the most excitement he's shown for food (other than the turkey from the deli) since coming here. He celebrated by coming out into the kitchen to scratch on his scratching board and nibble some catnip pellets. I think I scored a hit!

onatreetop
11-16-2009, 10:23 PM
It is hard to find the best food for them that they will eat. We only give our kitties dry food and they havent been to picky yet. I have changed it twice, to better food on sale. I still fill the dog bowl I bought for the four to share with a min. of four cups dry food and equal water in another bowl the same size. They seem to be happy and getting bigger fast. My kids talked me into bathing them last night. I have to say it went rather well. Oreo was smelling pretty stinky. I was calling him _hitty kitty. Nothing visable but he was poopy smelling. I used toodler shampoo, very mild.
Then my mother yelled at me for washing them. I know they dont need baths but Oreo needed it in my opinion.We have no rib action here. Just lots of running and climbing and rustling. Than they eat a bit and drink and take a nap.
Doug, is there anything the cat could be eating on the sly? To much people food? or hunting yet? My vet warned me about that one early too.
In the past I had cats that hunted a lot and ended up with worms.They did get the ribby look but not the backbone so much. After treatment they were fine.
Hope it works out soon. it sounds like you will findout soon if Ludwig is eating. That was my first step fathers name. He was from Austria. Stuborn and not every flexable yep.

Doug
11-17-2009, 12:08 AM
Ludwig went ape over sea food kitty chow this morning! That's two hits in a row, which is encouraging. Ludwig is an indoor cat, but I know he had to have spent some time outdoors or the animal control officer wouldn't have pick him up. Maybe I should have the vet give him deworming medicine just in case. Poor little Freckles, the kitty who didn't make it after spaying, got medicated for parasites, because the vet said they can pick these up from their mothers (this cat had been with her mother up to the point she was placed in the pound with another littermate the people who have the mother cat couldn't find a home for). Ludwig was purring after breakfast, and let me hold and pet him for the longest time yet. Up to this time, he'd act distracted, and want down after a very short time, and there was very little purring. :)

Cindy
11-17-2009, 02:54 AM
Doug, That's great news! It is difficult to get the food correct. Question: I see that he is a short haired cat: why are you using hairball food? Maybe regular food for a cat his age. Just make sure he likes it and it is a good brand. If you are taking him to the vet and he was an outdoor cat, you should have him dewormed. The over-drinking of water and over-peeing can indicate a bladder infection. You would see larger pee balls in the litter box. The vet can test for this but it is costly. I think you may just watch him and have him dewormed. Glad to hear he is starting to warm-up to you holding him. Not all cats like to be held - so do not take it personally if he turns out to be one of them - it does not mean he does not love you :)

Cindy
11-17-2009, 02:55 AM
Sangye,
Great picture - I love it!

Jack
11-17-2009, 03:53 AM
Just serves to illustrate why dogs are better than cats.
Eat anything, love you whatever!

;)

Sangye
11-17-2009, 03:55 AM
Dogs are totally better than cats. Totally.

Cindy
11-17-2009, 09:47 AM
I love all animals but cats rule. I could not figure out how to upload the picture to this page - but you need to go look at my Cats Rule photo album to see what I mean :D

Sangye
11-17-2009, 09:59 AM
LOL-- Yeah, I see what you mean. I wouldn't tell that cat that dogs are better than him! ("Nice kitty, good kitty, you're the best kitty in the whole world....") :D:D

elephant
11-17-2009, 10:21 AM
Sangye, I love your dogs and bunny.:D

Terri
11-17-2009, 11:43 AM
My dog Bella will be 4yrs.old this month. Rotty-mix, she was 8 wks when I adopted her from the local shelter. She was there with her sister and the sister kept picking on her so I brought her home with me. I don't know how well I would have handled being diagnosed and putting up with this disease without her to cheer me up. She makes me laugh all the time.
I remember when I was first diagnosed and spent most of my time in bed and I was doing alot of crying. Bella would spend the night at my side or at my feet. I was having a bad night and would awaken several times through the night, I was on Cytoxin and so would have to drink lots and lots of water which also kept me up at night going to the bathroom. One night, I guess she HAD enough. I was crying and she actually stuck her head under the covers as if to say,"ok, enough already, I want to get some sleep!" Whatever, her reasoning worked. I started laughing tears instead and we were both able to sleep the rest of the night. She has been a blessing for me.

Sangye
11-17-2009, 11:53 AM
HeyTerri, it's so good to hear from you! I've been thinking about you the past few days, wondering how you're doing.

I love Rotties and Rottie mixes. I'm so glad you adopted her from a shelter. So many of them are euthanized just because of their breed. Their big bowling ball heads are so cute. Very kissable beasties. I'm glad Bella Rose got you through the dark days early on. :)

Terri
11-17-2009, 12:08 PM
Hi Sangye,
Right now I'm trying to get over a U.T.I. that I didn't even know I had.
Working 5 days a week and hoping to avoid the flu bug.
Looking forward to Thanksgiving break where I will get a few extra days off from work.

Sangye
11-17-2009, 12:11 PM
Wow, that's great. I'm glad you're able to work!

Doug
11-17-2009, 03:46 PM
Ludwig is eating much better now that I brought out seafood instead of liver, beef and something else he didn't care for. Jack has a point on the eating. Three gulps, and pup's done for the day except begging at the table and insisting on in-between meal snacks.

Unhuh! Yep!

Ludwig hisses and spits at the idea of living with dogs ever again. (And they, dogs, are flatulent! If kitties are, it's above the range of weggie hearing! Must be. If they were below, there'd be wonderful, relaxing vibrations. :))

onatreetop
11-17-2009, 10:56 PM
Ludwig will get comfortable with you or around you. I have three out four coming to me without any problem. The forth will first thing in the morning but doest like to be held either. You can pet Oreo when he is laying an a bed or couch some time the floor but he usually runs before your hand can touch him. I have also noticed that if I am the only one up and around they will all come to me for love in the morning. I have been sitting on the kitchen floor and I become surrounded and brushed on from all sides. I have been rubbing there bellies since I met them. I read that that is one of the things they need as kittens without a mother. Sometimes I can hear there dig. systems making noise. They stretch and lay while I rub lighty.Almost like a dog.Mini kitty has been hanging over the edge of the fishtank a lot lately. I am waiting for her to fall in. I take her down but up she goes again.
Cute bunny! Is she litter box trained? I use to have a friend that had them lose in the house and they were trained.

Sangye
11-18-2009, 02:50 AM
Doug, dogs are only flatulent on food that doesn't agree with them. I feed my dogs 100% raw food-- no gas, no doggy breath, bright white teeth, and low-odor poop. TMI? :rolleyes:

elephant
11-18-2009, 06:27 AM
We had two big dogs, ( yellow lab (98 lbs)and golden retriever(108 lbs). We spoiled them with table food on and off and boy the flatulence was horrid. So we had to cut way down on table food. It worked! But, I still loved those stinky dogs! Hope to get one soon.:)

Sangye
11-18-2009, 06:32 AM
Patch and Lotus combined weigh 90 lbs. And if you add in my cockatiel (Konchog Birdy), they weigh 90.002 lbs! :D:D

Terri
11-18-2009, 12:01 PM
Sometimes our pets seem to be the best medicine overall.
Too bad they can't be a replacement for prednisone.....:(
Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.:D

Sangye
11-18-2009, 01:00 PM
I live in a 1-room walkout basement with my 2 dogs and bird. The dogs are pretty good when I'm not home, but every so often Patch gets up on my bed. He knows he isn't allowed to do that.

The other day I came home and the dogs were on the floor but the blankets were all messed up. I said, "Who's been on the bed?" Without hesitation my bird announced, "Konchog Birdy Boy!" I cracked up laughing. Of everyone, he's the only one who definitely wasn't on the bed. :D

elephant
11-18-2009, 01:18 PM
Terri and Sangye, your dog stories made me laugh out loud! :p:D:)

onatreetop
11-18-2009, 11:05 PM
To funny!!!! The kitties like to run on and over everything. So when I come home anything on a table, papers etc, no glass, is on the floor or moved to another room. They can all run on the back of the couches (sideways) you would think they are on drugs or something the way the deafiy gravity. Oh , if you are on the couch with a blanket it is you who gets dug into and run over during the chase.

coffeelover
11-20-2009, 06:15 AM
I have 3 dogs and I know that when one does something "naughty" They all look guilty to cover for each other. Smart ones they are!

PS mine is sleeping under my desk at work right now...Terri is right they are the best therapy!
Lisa

Doug
11-21-2009, 09:46 AM
You are lucky, lisa coffeelover!~ my Ludwig D. Katz is sleeping on the guest bed in the guest bedroom, which is much bigger and nicer than my own! As for your dogs being naughty, I know their farts don't stink and they always are good doggies because I've met 2/3rds of your pack!!:):p

katwoman
11-21-2009, 10:24 AM
Seeing were on Pet Talk, I just wanted to share how sweet my little 9 month devon rex is - Mr Darcy normally sleeps in his bed out in the lounge room but over the last few weeks on the odd night, its like he knows I'm not ok and has come and slept in the bed tucked up against my chest the whole night...are cats really that smart they can sense whats going on with us?? LOL :D

Doug
11-21-2009, 10:40 AM
Oh yes! Also, they "talk" with us in little inflections in and on their meows. I was surprised when Ludwig's meows started to show context with questions this Crazy Cat Person put to him. Dogs are very sensitive to us, too, with a different set of facial expressions and tail messages. (Cats signal a lot with their tails, too. If you don't pay attention, some will scar you for life.):p

Sangye
11-21-2009, 11:03 AM
My babies always know when I'm feeling extra low--physically or emotionally. They cuddle more.

Konchog Birdy has this really sweet voice-- a very clear talker. He was a rescue and it's obvious that he's only known love before. Birds are like little recorders of their history.

Several times that I've felt overwhelmed by everything, fed up, whatever, Konchog Birdy will look at me and say "What're you doing?" and then "I love you!" Snaps me right out of it.

I might have told this story on here before, but heck--it's a good one. :D

katwoman
11-21-2009, 04:50 PM
Oh Mr Darcy is a talker alright especially in the morning - I don't know if you've heard a devon rex but they don't really meow as such, I swear he says 'nooo' or 'muum' sometimes...:D he won't leave me alone in the morning and is talking until he gets his breakfast...such a character - its all new to me having a cat in the place, its quite the experience.

coffeelover
11-22-2009, 03:21 AM
My recent "pet story"
Friday night someone rear ended me and because I was at a complete stop (on a highway due to construction) I had time to see that I was going to get hit. She was going at least 60. I had time to turn my wheels to avoid hittling the car in front of me and grabbed my Brinley and waited.

After the accident, my Brinley was very upset and I thought maybe he had gotton hurt....but after a while I realized he was just shook up because my adreneline was peaked.

All I could think about after the accident was....How will this "trauma affect my Wegeners...silly huh?

Brinley is OK and so am I afterfurther chiropractic treatments. Car...not so good.

Lisa

Luce
11-22-2009, 03:31 AM
I'm very late to this thread, but Sangye your rabbit pic is most definitely my Boris!
He is obsessed with licking my hands so the tongue-out look is one he often adopts and my boy has the same colouring and markings.

Doug
11-22-2009, 11:20 AM
Wow! Lisa, glad you and Brinley came out of it OK. Well, Brinley. Hope you are doing better after treatments.

Sangye- My sister in South Dakota has a cockatiel she named BillyBob. At least he was BillyBob until he started laying infertile eggs! It seems sexing pets is a talent my family never pick up. Ha! Now he is she, and her name is Billie, still.

Another think we're lousy at in my family is pet names. (Recall I had three rabbits over several years, and all were named Frisky. Ha!) Birds are surprisingly intelligent and tuned into our moods.

Ludwig is starting to be more a Louie again, so I guess I may as well get used to calling him Louie.

jola57
11-22-2009, 05:30 PM
I am glad that you are ok Lisa, what a scare. I was rearended 3 times last year, fortunately they were just taps; I was stoped on red lights. Buffy, my dog, wouldn't stop shaking for practically the whole day.

Sangye
11-23-2009, 01:35 AM
Lisa, it's not at all silly to wonder how the accident will affect your Wegs. My Wegs began 2 weeks after a spine-jolting fall. It worsened in January, 2008 after another bad fall (my first thought after falling was "This is bad for the Wegs")

The central nervous system controls the function of every cell and function in the body, including the immune system. Holistic docs see a correlation between physical trauma and onset of disease quite frequently.

I'm really happy you had already begun chiro care before the accident. Better to have an accident with your spine aligned. Make sure you return for chiro appointments at the rate your doc advises. A car hitting you at 60 mph is no small thing.

onatreetop
11-23-2009, 11:02 PM
Wow and how scary! i am glad you are okay too. I was rolled into at a light the first day I got my car but the trailer hitch was on so no damage to me but the kids and I still remember the adrin. rush that came.It is scary.
I wasn't aware that that would cause symtoms to come around? Stress? Adrin? Holy fudge nuggets? If that 's true I am done for. I live on stress in and around all of the above 24/7.
The kitties are getting big quick. Except mini kitty.Sheis growing but no where near the others size. We were told that that was what would happen.They keep hanging around the fish tank and keep sticking there paws in a little bit farther. Cheeto came closest to falling in so far that I witnessed. A whole leg!! Big splash! Oreo my daughters loner is becoming more friendly with me. I have to be alone in the house for him to come around. He will purr for me now. Love the love yes we do. Allof us. My husband is starting to interact with them more too.

Sangye
11-24-2009, 03:11 AM
Onatreetop,
Stress definitely makes Wegs worse. We can't get rid of stress, no matter who we are. So the only thing we can do is learn how to manage it and learn conscious relaxation methods.

Managing stress means relaxing the mind as well as changing the thought patterns in there. The combo of therapy and daily meditating has helped me deal with it, but there are many ways. Extreme, relentless stress in every area of my life has been a major contributor to my Wegs activity.

Doug
11-24-2009, 05:42 AM
Onatreetop- I find the introduction of Louie the Cat (Ludwig just didn't make the cut as a name....) into my home the best thing I did for myself and stress reduction. He becomes more and more sweet as he acclimates to his new surroundings and his "people training" starts to yield the desired results. I can only imagine how unready I was for kittens compared to a mature pound cat. Yet.... I feel myself thinking that second cat still is a desirable goal.:)

onatreetop
11-24-2009, 10:15 PM
I agree about the kitty factor. They have ost defintatly brought relaxation and love. Therapy of sorts. There is nothing like the motor of pur. Have my lover on my lap right now. Cheeto is so easy. He is falling a sleep while purring. It is magical really. The feeling they give. And when you multiple it by any number It is even more loving and all in there different way.The approach is different the amount of time thay spend with you before they get distracted and move on. I cant believe that we waited this long to get them.
I have always thrived on stress I guess you can say. The more to do the better I do?Make any sense? Not constantly of coarse but a nice steady pace. There is something rewarding about falling asleep quickly rather than tossing and turning.Better quailty of sleep at the end of the day. I have kept up the 30 min. workout and have noticed the difference from that too. Lost 9 lbs. and counting. I am going to add 5 min. a week until I get to 45 min. past that and I will have todo it another time of day. Right now I can do between bus stop times of which I have 3.

Sangye
11-25-2009, 01:54 AM
It's called being an adrenaline junky.

elephant
11-25-2009, 02:00 AM
Onatreetop, how many days do your exercise? Your doing great!:cool:

coffeelover
11-26-2009, 02:57 AM
Onatreetop,
I am envious of your 9 lb loss. I am trying to exercise daily (20-40) minutes and haven't lost anything. Darn PRED!

But, I feel better and am glad I can breathe well enough to do some physical activity, so I will stop complaining.
coffeelover

Sangye
11-26-2009, 04:33 AM
This one's for you, Lisa Coffeelover! :D

http://ihasahotdog.wordpress.com/files/2009/11/cute-puppy-pictures-pretty-litez.jpg (http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/%3Ca%20href=)

coffeelover
11-30-2009, 01:08 PM
Like this picture Sangye!

Doug
11-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Louie and I played "OOh! The Big Mean Kitty" today. (Pease don't ask! It does involve rolling around on the floor and stimulating Louie's kill instincts.) It was enjoyable for both!

Today, he woke me at 1:30 to ask if it was meal time yet (He does an odd meow that sounds like "Now?", with an inflection up, then runs to the cabinet with the food.) Yeah, apparently, kitty! Anyway, he ate like a horse today. I've had food issues with him up till today.

He "asked" if it was meal time at 6 am, but the 6 pm feeding, I just went in to "his" bedroom and asked his highness if he was hungry- again!

Three times today, he parked himself at by his scratch board and gave me kitten eyes, his way of begging for turkey breast. If this continues, I'll be digging through his poop to see if he needs deworming!

The former animal control officer, a friend of mine, suggested it could be his way of building fat for winter, the way a wild animal might. At this point, I'm just happy he's eating more, pooping more, peeing the same, getting more interested in playing cat games.

I'm getting closer to getting him a cat friend (or mortal enemy- any thoughts on how I might minimize carnage if I introduce him to a new cat?)

RETARDED KAT MOMENT:

Louie took catnip with his turkey breast, then sprawled over his scratch board. After a few glazed-eyed moments, he cleaned his left front leg and paw. He paused. Then he got the other front paw. He paused. He cleaned his right rear leg and paw. He paused for a much loger period, then licked his flanks a few times. He paused. He finished cleaning his last leg and paw, then continued to clean that part of his anatomy that looks something like this:
That cleaned, he picked up a catnip pellet in his mouth and chewed it for a long time. "Catnippy fresh, Louie!?" I queried. He looked blankly at me.

[For those of you without experience with cat breath, I note that under the best of circumstances, it is pretty bad, and one might suppose it is particularly foul after licking that particular part of the anatomy that looks something like this:
Humor (humour) explained oftentimes loses any chance of bringing a wry chuckle or a gale of guffaws, but I hope most of you enjoyed my
RETARDED KAT MOMENT. There may be more of these. Perhaps not. Cats are not that predictable.}:D:p:):rolleyes:

elephant
11-30-2009, 11:00 PM
Sounds like your cat is very entertaining, keeps you busy. Hope your cat ate his turkey.:)

Doug
12-01-2009, 12:45 AM
:) That he is, and he never leaves a bit of turkey. That's his all time favorite food.

RETARDED KAT MOMENT2:

The following comment was posted on a photo I posted of things I do to spoil Louie:

I gave Pippin some wet cat food for Thanksgiving. He threw it up and tried to eat it again. That's the spirit!

onatreetop
12-01-2009, 07:57 AM
I have been on the machine 8 of 14 days twenty minutes on that up to 25 now and about ten on the floor doing ab work. The cats look at me like I am on drugs. I AM!! Got two 5 mile walks in there on top of work and home. I also started drinking slim fast shakes in the early afternoon with fiber caps and then eat again at dinner. I normally dont eat during the day except crap in the car between pickups and droppoffs. I dont have food in the car anymore either so the crap is gone. I made it to 11 pounds until Thanksgiving now I am at 10 lost. Gained a pound. Not bad considering what I made ate and drank.

I try to workout monday- friday. Walk on the weekend if possible.

The kitties had thanksgiving after us. After everyone left we put the bird in the middle of the kitchen floor and let them have at it. They were having a bit of trouble so the kids helped pull the meat from the bone. It was so funny to watch. They loved it!!! The litter box was horrible the next morning OMG!!! Real meat smell not good.

Sangye
12-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Onatreetop, I'm glad you're able to exercise and are trying to lose weight. However, I'm reading what you're eating and thinking "Yikes." Not only is that unhealthy for an healthy person, but it's really not good for a Weggie who's on the kind of drugs you're on.

You're not able to get the nutrients you need with your current program. Exercise demands nutrients (eg, building muscle, metabolizing waste products) so even if you were healthy, you'd need to have a better diet. Slim fast is crap--no use mincing words. No nutritional value there. Skipping lunch and not eating any other healthy snacks-- not good! Taking a fiber pill doesn't replace eating fiber throughout the day-- it's only meant to supplement it.

You need a lot of nutrients to heal and repair your body. Wegs destroys tissue and causes chronic inflammation. Cytoxan causes serious malabsorption because it kills the cells lining the gut. It kills a wide variety of cells in the body, and replenishing them takes a lot of energy (ie, nutrients). Pred causes serious disruptions in the endocrine system, so you need more nutrients to replenish those hormones, stabilize blood sugar and support liver function (tied into the endocrine system).

I recommend following an anti-inflammatory diet. You'll have less pain, better control of the Wegs, and lose weight safely. There are many online--just google)

Your body is in this for the long haul. If you only focus on losing weight quickly, it will be at the expense of your long-term health.

Cindy
12-01-2009, 12:30 PM
onatreetop, I agree with Sangye about your eating.

You need to eat small meals through out the day and keep your blood sugar levels stable. Also, you need the correct nutrients for growth and repair - which means a balanced diet. The shakes are OK as a snack - maybe after a work-out, but you need to eat :) Safe weight loss is 1-2 lb per week: more is dangerous. So, take it slow and steady.

onatreetop
12-02-2009, 06:31 AM
Okay I will check out the diet. I never have been a morning eater ever. Night on the other hand is down right dangerous. The slimfast does balance me out until dinner suger wise and kills the chocolate kraving that never seems to go way otherwise. The tired thing is what I am having a harder time with. I know my body is saying rest and belive me I want too, but it isn't always at a good part of the day which could be any part really. Everyday is different.

Sangye
12-02-2009, 07:40 AM
Okay I will check out the diet. I never have been a morning eater ever. Night on the other hand is down right dangerous. The slimfast does balance me out until dinner suger wise and kills the chocolate kraving that never seems to go way otherwise. The tired thing is what I am having a harder time with. I know my body is saying rest and belive me I want too, but it isn't always at a good part of the day which could be any part really. Everyday is different.
I think there's a connection between your diet, your exercise level and your fatigue.

Your body doesn't know the difference between overexertion due to exercise and overexertion due to taking care of kids, etc.... Exercise is great unless it uses more resources than you have--then it becomes harmful.

I'm glad to hear you're gonna look into an AI diet. You can't get enough veggies and essential nutrients eating once or twice a day.

elephant
12-02-2009, 09:18 AM
As you know eating fruits and vegetables fills you up because of the fiber content. There are alot of recipes out there. I myself had changed my diet since I was diagnosed. Eating more salmon, sweet potato's , squash, apples, oatmeal with blueberries. I'm trying to eat food that is not processed. It's a challenge, once in a while I will eat something junkie.:p:D

onatreetop
12-02-2009, 09:32 AM
Thanks again. I Just had a big salad and a homemade pita cheese pizza. oops. oh well.

coffeelover
12-02-2009, 02:04 PM
I too changed my diet to an anti inflamatory diet after diagnosis. I can say that between my walking and other low impact exercises and the diet, I am feeling much healthier. Although due to the prednisone, I am not losing rate at a very desirable speed I do occasionally lose a 1/2 pound to 1 lb. I suggest following a healthy anti inflamatory diet and low impact exercises.
Lisa Coffeelover

onatreetop
12-03-2009, 04:19 AM
The kitties are keeping me busy. And the wieght loss days may have ended today. Saw the RA upped the pred back to 60mgs and the for the first time the cyt. to 100mg. Loads of test to take and a kidney biopsy asap. Waiting for the appt. Wants to see me back in a week. Weeeeeeeeee here we go!!!!! Forget the job enterview it isnt happening I get to bounce aboutthe doctors now!!! Get a new pulm doc and cardi doc and the kidn. biop guy I cant remember the other two. The second dose of pred is setting in.
Sorry just covered like three threads in one. I am bad and sorry. most of the time but not always. The fun has begun bye bye mind!:eek::rolleyes::D

Cindy
12-03-2009, 06:10 AM
onatreetop,

Hang in there and good luck with your tests. Do you have some good stress management tools you use for times like this? Please know that my thoughts are with you :)

elephant
12-03-2009, 06:28 AM
Hi Onatreetop, I had to go several times on 60 mg Prednisone. It is not fun, but remember that they are going to decrease it and you will be feeling better soon. We are here for you. When I am on high doses of prednisone I usually don't sleep. I take naps during the day when I can and still do. Good luck on your test and thanks for the update. Thinking about you.:)

Sangye
12-03-2009, 09:03 AM
Onatreetop, I'm so sorry you have to increase your meds--esp pred. It has such a negative impact on my mind and body. May it be gentler on you. :)

onatreetop
12-03-2009, 12:36 PM
Thank you all very much and it is a wonderful feeling knowing that others relate and understand. I would be balled up in bed crying if I werent typing and thinking I can do this and have the support of others. Didn't have this in the very begining. Just myself in shock not wanting to shock others around me. Told my family that I have to change things up a bit and that dad may be doing the bus stop thing because I may be overnite a few evenings while testing at the sleep clinic.
I have enterained the idea of stress managment and well decided that with four kids I have to roll with the flow and be flexable. I am not so quick to yell for some reason when the dose is high but also not myself either. In the clouds I guess you could say lovin the kitties and acting all strange. No that is normal!!!!! I still manage to freak the kids out with my different way of looking at things. Ha! Ha! So there! I am just a big kid too, who am I kidding. I am rambling arent I?

Cindy
12-03-2009, 12:47 PM
onatreetop wrote: I would be balled up in bed crying if I werent typing and thinking I can do this and have the support of others. Didn't have this in the very begining. Just myself in shock not wanting to shock others around me.

I understand completely! When I found out, I told no one but my husband because I did not want to freak everyone out, and I had no one to talk to except my doctors. In the past, I never pictured myself on a blog talking to people about very personal issues - but never say never! I am glad I found this site also :)

And onatreetop, you seem like a strong person who will do what it takes to get things back on track.

In fact, all of you on this site are great and I love your personal insights.

Not really Pet talk - can we move this tread to somewhere? But I do need to go feed my cats :p

onatreetop
12-03-2009, 12:55 PM
bought another 16pounds of kitty food and 40 pounds of litter. That seems to be the ratio for four so far. Scary poopin!!! They are all getting so big except mini kitty.She is bigger but no where near the others still a half pint.:D

Doug
12-03-2009, 12:56 PM
Jack must be thinking: For once they are talking WG issues, but it's off topic for Pet Talk! :) I feel your pain, my friend. I had to re-read the name of the thread to make sure I wasn't inadvertently screwing up..again!:)

Pet Topic Talk: Louie's vet's office called last week to let me know a pawprint was ready for Freckles (the little cat that died after surgery to spay her). When I picked it up, it turned out to be a ceramic heart with her pawprint on front and her name on back. It has a ribbon with pawprints printed on it threaded through two holes. I suppose on could hang it on a Christmas tree or the wall. I've not decided which yet.

onatreetop
12-03-2009, 01:09 PM
Thats me I am sorry that I ramble.I have all 60mg of pred in my system now and the other 100mg of cyt. BUT I LOVE MY KITTIES! Why cant some people be more like cats? Not all people just the ones that have no feelings or graditude for others . oh and all the really bad people too. I think that covers it? Got to be a kitty lover to know the love or pet of some kind. Here I go again. :eek:

Jack
12-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Anyone else get fed up with vet bills? Now that my rabbits are 6 years old it seems to be one thing after another. Amber, the biggest and toughest of the two has just gone down with an eye infection. I feel so sorry for her because it looks so sore! Had to visit the vet yesterday for it to be cleaned up and be given antibiotics, anti inflamatories and eye ointment.

katwoman
12-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Throwing in my two cents worth - yes people this Pet Talk thread is becoming :confused: very very confusing!

Back on track - Jack, you have rabbits too - wow didn't realise there were so many rabbit lovers out there in the big wide world :D its fabulous! Miss my charlie, I found him in the garden where I worked and he fell into the lap of luxury with me - he was a total indoor bunny and never had a problem with using a litter box - my friends were all amazed, don't people know how intelligent bunnies really are....sadly he passed away with cancer (what is the go with animals getting such things as that?)

Anywhoo, I know have a cat, Mr Darcy and he has taken some getting used to - had dogs as a kid and then Charlie the rabbit has been my only other pet association. So to now have a crazy cat in the house is a real learning curve - how demanding are they guys?....oh yes if i'm not out of bed by around 7am for his breakfast man do I know it, he makes sure he sticks his face right in my ear and lets out a cry...ok so I give in and he knows I'm a soft touch so possibly I could be partially to blame for his crazy behavour - lol :):)

Jack
12-03-2009, 10:23 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/georgi313/BigBunnies.jpg

Bob and Amber.

elephant
12-03-2009, 10:51 PM
Bob and Amber are beautiful! Love this pic!:)

Sangye
12-04-2009, 02:37 AM
Bob and Amber are gorgeous. I hope Amber feels better soon.

Vet bills are outrageous. Since I adopted Patch in 2003 and Lotus in 2004, I haven't had a single vet visit, though. Humans and dogs aren't too far apart in some ways, and many of the natural remedies I use with humans can be safely used with dogs. I've avoided a lot of vet visits that way. I also feed them 100% raw food, which strengthens them and prevents many of the conditions that would require vet visits (eg cleaning teeth, impacted anal glands).

elephant
12-04-2009, 03:11 AM
Sangye when you saw raw do you mead raw vegtables/fruit?

Sangye
12-04-2009, 03:33 AM
I give them raw meat, raw bones, raw veggies, raw eggs, raw organ meats and various oils. It's called the BARF diet--Bones And Raw Food (or Biologically Appropriate Raw Food). Basically you try and recreate what a wolf would eat in nature. You can google BARF and find tons on the internet. Wasn't so easy when I started!

Dogs fed BARF diets have white, shiny teeth like puppies, shiny coats, stronger muscles, no dog breath/farts/doggie odor. I never clean my dogs' ears-- there's nothing in there to clean! Because they're more efficient at digesting their food (and it's all digestible) their poop is very dry, MUCH smaller than processed food poop and way less stinky.

I had a cat that I fed BARF to also. NO litterbox odor. You could be right next to it when he pooped and not smell anything.

When I was moving cross-country last year, I fed them raw food for the 1st week. The 2nd week we wound up in a motel while I searched for a place to live. Feeding raw food is tough without a fridge. I was so stressed and in pain that I decided to put them on kibble for a couple weeks. Their poop was SO stinky and they had to poop all the time. Their energy was noticeably lower and they were irritable. As soon as I switched them back it all cleared up.

If people want to talk about feeding raw food diets, maybe we can start new thread--it's a big topic and I'm happy to help.

elephant
12-04-2009, 06:26 AM
Thanks for the info Sangye, I am going to look into it. I'm looking to get a dog at a animal shelter, but not for another year. Taking care of a husband and two young kids is enough for me right now. :)

katwoman
12-04-2009, 07:59 AM
Thanks Jack for posting a pic of Bob and Amber they are just gorgeous....want to give them a cuddle and scratch around the ears....

Jack
12-04-2009, 08:40 AM
Bob (on the right) loves having a cuddle and having his nose rubbed, but Amber prefers rabbit company and just gets stressed. They have both been running around indoors this evening while I give Amber her eye treatment. Bob likes to sleep by the radiator!

crackers
12-04-2009, 08:58 AM
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa162/jessjess64/20091115_17.jpg?t=1259877337

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa162/jessjess64/20091203_10.jpg?t=1259877479

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa162/jessjess64/20091115_30-1.jpg?t=1259877498

crackers
12-04-2009, 08:59 AM
Love the rabbits GREAT PICS!!!!

Sangye
12-04-2009, 09:17 AM
John, those pics of Bailey and Holly brought a smile to my face. They're so adorable. :):)

crackers
12-04-2009, 12:57 PM
sangye considering he is so much bigger than her he is so gentle with her.they play fight as all dogs do but he knows how far he can go and she usually wins.as i don't get out of the house much they are my best friends and i couldn't be without them.
john.

Sangye
12-04-2009, 01:46 PM
as i don't get out of the house much they are my best friends and i couldn't be without them.
john.
Ditto for my doggies. But it was that way before I got sick, too. The only difference was that we were always going places together-- hiking, driving, etc.... :)

Sangye
12-05-2009, 10:56 AM
Onatreetop, did you hear about the recall of all canned Slim Fast products?
Slim-Fast Recall (http://www.myrtlebeachrestaurantnews.com/news/3-food-bytes/571-slim-fast-recall.html)

Terri
12-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Great Pics everyone:)
Hey Sangye, anytime you want to start that thread on the BARF diet, I would be interested. Has to be better than some of this kibble on the market.

crackers
12-05-2009, 12:51 PM
a friend of ours who has been a dog breeder and trainer for 20yrs (we got bailey from her) feeds her dogs the BARF diet.she only gives them fresh food,not supermarket meat,and they thrive on it.where we live there are only supermarkets and no traditional butchers so we cannot do the same.
john.

Sangye
12-05-2009, 12:54 PM
John, I started a new thread called BARF Diet. I only have supermarkets and do it just fine--

Doug
12-06-2009, 08:03 AM
katwoman: Great avatar! Only way it could be better is if you were sharing the wine with a panda!:)

Wow! I don't know where I was when all the wonderful pet photos were posted, but John's Bailey and Holly photos are so much better than the earlier ones. Holly is sooooo cute, and Bailey is much more beautiful in huge, living color! When dogs go to dog parks, and interact with their play fighting, they are so cute as you watch them set strategies, then pounce. I know you are very rewarded for you animal companion care! Jack's bunnies, too! That's so sweet the way they are sharing the dandelion leaf. I'm finding that having a pet has improved my outlook, which generally is pretty upbeat anyway, but, unexpectedly, my strength has improved: I get down on the floor to play keep away with the catnip mouse, then have a horror because that means I have to get up! The first time this happened anyway. Then I got up without assistance, something I thought was impossible. The BARF method of pet maintenance makes perfect sense to me. I don't know how possible that is where I live, in caaatttlllle rrrrraaaaisiiiiiing cooouuuunnntry, where caaatttlllle are everrrrrywhere for the taaaaaakkkking......! Never mind! Louie's nickname (my mother's) is "The Cheetah" because of his size, but I can't imagine him taking down a cow or me risking being "branded" a cattle rustler: It's still against the law, darnit, and you can be sent to the pen for 10 year stretches for this crime! BARF sounds like a good idea especially for cats, who are heavier meat eaters than does. Terri- Love your new avatar, too. Rotweiler? He/she is a beautiful dog, too. What's his/her name?

katwoman
12-06-2009, 09:00 AM
[QUOTE=Doug;7694]katwoman: Great avatar! Only way it could be better is if you were sharing the wine with a panda!:)

Thanks Doug, that was the good old days when I enjoyed a chardy! As for sharing a wine with a panda...hhhmm see what I can do - lol!:D

I thought I'd get on the band wagon of pets and posted a pick of my past rabbit 'Charlie' and also 'Mr Darcy' in my albums, thanks to your instructions I think it was Doug on one of threads...legend.

Sangye
12-06-2009, 09:20 AM
Just couldn't resist this one...

http://icanhascheezburger.wordpress.com/files/2009/11/funny-pictures-cat-does-back-massage.jpg (http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/%3Ca%20href=)

katwoman
12-06-2009, 09:28 AM
Sangye, very cute! I love those little pics you post...

elephant
12-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Such a pretty little kitten, does a great job scratching. Better job than my kids.:D

Terri
12-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Thanks Doug..:)
She is rotty mix and her name is Bella.
She's such a big baby, I swear. Today I decided to try and get the rest of my Christmas decorations up outside. we had gotten a few inches of snow overnight and this is the first accumulation we've had so far this year.
She loves to play in the snow but after a few hours she was getting cold and wanted to go inside. So here I am outside and she is watching me out the window. Sheeez......:D

elephant
12-06-2009, 11:07 AM
Terri, she's a beauty! How cute that she was inside watching you outside. Dogs are adorable!:)

coffeelover
12-09-2009, 02:45 PM
She loves to play in the snow but after a few hours she was getting cold and wanted to go inside. :D

She is adorable Teri! My Golden Retreiver is the same way.....loves the snow, but gets cold and wants to come in, 5 minutes later she is crying at the door to go out and play in the snow again. I need a revolving doggie door for her. She is 12 and I am tinking senile too.
coffeelover

elephant
12-09-2009, 10:54 PM
How I miss my Golden retriever! He was 12 years old when we had to put him down. He was as big golden weighed around 108 lbs. The vet stated that he lived a long life for being such a big dog. He wasn't overweight, just very big stature/bone. My hubby wants to wait until I get more in remission before we get a dog. I am looking forward to getting another Golden Retriever. :D

jola57
12-14-2009, 10:49 AM
I still remember when Buffy (terry multipoo cross) saw her first snow. She jumped up and down, burried her nose in the snow and run arround in circle then repeated it again. It was such joy to watch her.

Terri
12-14-2009, 11:25 AM
I was just thinking about people who are not animal lovers and often times they will say, "oh, it's just a dumb animal", they are missing out big time.
I have had such joy from my Bella, especially on bad days. She seems to sense things like that and manages to make me laugh.

jola57
12-14-2009, 11:31 AM
I hear you, the companionship and unconditional love that she gives to all of us is priceless

Sangye
12-14-2009, 11:36 AM
My dogs make me laugh all the time, too. They're really good buddies and sit with their heads side by side leaning on my lap. Like little bookends. I love them so.

Doug
12-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Louie the ginger cat sez: "Dogs, dogs, dogs! All they talk about is stinkin' dogs!" I tell him, "Chew a few catnip pellets, Louie. You'll boil your blood if you don't chill.":mad:

elephant
12-14-2009, 11:00 PM
I love those stinkin dogs Cats are nice too. :)

Doug
12-15-2009, 12:15 AM
(Me, too, but don't tell Louie!):o

Sangye
12-15-2009, 07:20 AM
http://icanhascheezburger.wordpress.com/files/2009/12/funny-pictures-cat-wears-crown.jpg (http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/%3Ca%20href=)

(http://icanhascheezburger.com/)

Doug
12-15-2009, 11:40 AM
Louie and I had one bad moment. Blood was drawn, and I bopped a little head before I even considered the consequences. The little head was OK (Not so with the Big Head, which was bleeding!). Tetanus shot up to date, wound cleaned out and antibiotic applied, Big Head addressed the sorryness he felt for bopping the little head, but the little head had to be coaxed into believing. A peace offering (shaved turkey- little head's favorite!) was made and accepted. A calming petdown and some soft noises coming out of Big Head's mouth did the job.

This is not a Christmas story, but one of restoring a kitty's self-confidence without giving up the Alpha Cat role. Big Head and little head live in mutual understanding and peace. There has been no acting out. In fact, little head now sleeps in Big Head's bed when he feels a deep snoze coming on instead of the guest bed. I guess this is progress.

I don't believe in hitting pets, but getting scratched in the face because the cat didn't want to be held just then I don't tolerate or believe in either. It was necessary to establish one important ground rule if I were to live around a cat as a person with a compromised immune system! If the method wasn't right, then the result was. :mad: [thosoi9. thiz is luiethe cat- his am basterddogbrethpoophead i killz when gits dark out...}:D

Terri
12-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Sometimes a picture says it all......

Doug
12-15-2009, 02:01 PM
Yes, I buy into that! Louie, when I took him for his shots and first check-up after I rescued him from the pound, was the only cat in the waiting room with four other patients, all dogs. He didn't react to them and they didn't react to him. He wouldn't mind having a little dog friend, though I live in a retirement community where only good dogs (non-barkers) are tolerated, and cats tend to be the pet of choice since they are relatively quiet!

Here's a video of excellent dog~cat relations.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siMXm0zP-vU&feature=player_embedded

Here's one that's just too cute!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df8-pLT4ciY&feature=player_embedded

That's a catnip mouse Izzy (she) is playing with.

elephant
12-15-2009, 10:59 PM
I love all the doggie/cat posts/pictures! What are you eating Doug? :eek::D

Sangye
12-16-2009, 02:19 AM
Terri-- that's a SWEET pic of your babies! That's how my dogs are with each other. Always curled up together, snuggling. Lotus is short-haired and curls up into Patch's fluffy belly. He's like a pillow--everything about him is soft.

katwoman
12-16-2009, 08:00 AM
I love all the doggie/cat posts/pictures! What are you eating Doug? :eek::D

Yes Doug, what are you eating??? :eek:

Terri
12-16-2009, 11:42 AM
Doug,
Is it what I think it is????
A Chocolate Mint Ice Cream filled Oreo??
mmmmm

Luce
12-17-2009, 03:20 AM
That is a five times stuffed oreo - and I'm English!
They've not been in the shops very long over here, but I first discovered oreos on a holiday to Orlando about 10 years ago and being a pred head immediately recognise what looks to be an incredibly tasty treat.
Please tell me it's not a five times double stuffed oreo? *Drools over keyboard*

elephant
12-17-2009, 06:30 AM
I have my Bib on. :p

Doug
12-17-2009, 10:37 AM
That is a five times stuffed oreo - and I'm English!
They've not been in the shops very long over here, but I first discovered oreos on a holiday to Orlando about 10 years ago and being a pred head immediately recognise what looks to be an incredibly tasty treat.
Please tell me it's not a five times double stuffed oreo? *Drools over keyboard*

As I noted on another thread, it was our friend Luce who discerned what I held in my hand. Again I warn against trying this at home! Mint Double Stuff Oreos. How I sing thy praise!:):):):) The only way to take it over the top is to dip it in batter and deep fry it. Ha!

onatreetop
12-19-2009, 04:45 PM
Oreo is the name of my daughters cat!!! We bought them collars and leashes to see what they do in the snow???? crazy I know but I am not chasing cats outside in the snow. if they even will go out ? They have never been for any lengh of time. once by accident the door was left open and they made it as far as the porch. Could be interesting.:):rolleyes: he isnt very minty tasting either!!

Sangye
12-20-2009, 07:37 AM
http://ihasahotdog.wordpress.com/files/2009/12/cute-puppy-pictures-antidepressant-right.jpg (http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/%3Ca%20href=)

(http://ihasahotdog.com/)

elephant
12-20-2009, 01:24 PM
They are so adorable! Thanks Sangye dogs are known to help lower blood pressure and bring lots of joy in our lives!:)

Sangye
12-20-2009, 01:25 PM
Elephants, too.... :D:D

onatreetop
12-20-2009, 04:08 PM
Dont forget the warm purr of the kitty!! Heart warmimg also.:)

elephant
12-21-2009, 12:42 AM
As long as your kitty doesn't go Onatreetop. Hee, Hee!:p

onatreetop
12-21-2009, 02:25 PM
If you have ever been out to one of the darkest skies in the US in the middle of pine barrens you would know that you can see so much out here but especially onatreetop! Star watchers come here from all over. there is no light polution in our night sky. The kiitys would be scooped up by hawks or eagles in a matter of minutes if they where out before they are full grown. We were warned when we adopted them. Today Johnie, large red tailed hawk was circling over us while we were sleding. An awsome sight, his wing spand has to be more than 6 feet. They pick up large rabbits without any strugle at all. He was waiting for casulties.:D

Doug
12-24-2009, 02:29 PM
If you have ever been out to one of the darkest skies in the US in the middle of pine barrens you would know that you can see so much out here but especially onatreetop! Star watchers come here from all over. there is no light polution in our night sky. The kiitys would be scooped up by hawks or eagles in a matter of minutes if they where out before they are full grown. We were warned when we adopted them. Today Johnie, large red tailed hawk was circling over us while we were sleding. An awsome sight, his wing spand has to be more than 6 feet. They pick up large rabbits without any strugle at all. He was waiting for casulties.:D

One thing most people don't realize is New Jersey is much more than Newark and tank farms. I loved it when I was stationed there for training to become an army motion picture photographer. It IS a beautiful state, the farther south you go, each mile prettier than the next!

I note that the central part of Nebraska is so unpopulated that it, too, is a destination for amateur and professional astronomers looking for unpolluted night skies. To see the vastness of the Milky Way is humbling and awe-inspiring! :)

elephant
12-24-2009, 02:33 PM
Sounds beautiful!

Sangye
12-24-2009, 02:58 PM
I miss the night sky of northern Arizona. Flagstaff has an observatory, so they have strict city laws about maintaining dark skies. I've never seen so many stars. So wide open. I can't think about it-- makes me too sad.

jola57
12-24-2009, 06:11 PM
One good thing about living away from a big city is the light pollution free sky. Sitting in a hot tub we are humbled by the nightly constallation show. In August the meteor showers are amazing. Star gazing should be a must for all primary grade kids, yet those in the cities may never see how wonderful our universe is.

onatreetop
12-25-2009, 08:31 PM
I completly agree. One of our favorite things to do is sit outside late at night around a fire and just open our eyes. You cant count the stars but you can look at them everynight and still be amazed. Whether its snowing and cold or warm and summer simplily amazing. The cold winter sky is so bright!!!! You can walk out side with out a flashlight. What a great place to be a kid with pets and a yard!! on 3 acres of forest and wildlife. My idea of perfect. I hope that this place is a good memory for my kids like Lake Tahoe was for me. I cant imagine lives in a neightborhood on a street where the houses are so close together you can see everything going on the windows of your neightbors house!! That was Ocean City. It was okay before kids but after our first we moved out of our stone yard and paved roads and found here. Open space for imagination and nature. The kitties seem to love it Too!!!! We try the callors and leashes in the morning. The kids cant wait but I told them they arent dogs so dont expect much.
Merry! Merry! Everyone!!!!!!!!!! My jobs are done! Darn I make good cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:);):rolleyes:

elephant
12-26-2009, 03:02 AM
Send some of those cookie over here. Elephants eat a bunch.:D:o:eek:

Doug
12-31-2009, 09:35 AM
Hee! Hee! Wide angle shot!
Louie takes on all comers
(Ninja kitty! Heeyah!)

Inserting photos is much easier. That's good. And that's not so good. Ha!

jola57
12-31-2009, 05:09 PM
Gosh he looks like a lion in that wide angle shot, you have been keeping secrets Doug, LOL

Doug
01-01-2010, 06:57 AM
He does look more like a lion in that shot!, Jolanta! (A lioness at that.) He was getting snoopy the day I took it, and stuck his mug right into the camera. The Ninja kittie picture is rotated 90 degrees, and is a blurred shot of Louie cleaning himself.

moyan
01-01-2010, 09:08 AM
This is way later than all the other stories, but my little Basenjimix thought the snow was a new carpet and didn't dare to go. Mother Nature eventually made her!

jola57
01-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Doug, out of deference for Louie I didn't want to say he looked like a lioness, what with the ninja shot and all it might hurt his masulinity.

Sangye
01-04-2010, 08:11 AM
This has nothing to do with the current conversation, just thought it was hilarious....

http://icanhascheezburger.wordpress.com/files/2009/12/funny-pictures-cat-is-fluffy-not-fat.jpg (http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/%3Ca%20href=)

elephant
01-04-2010, 08:13 AM
I don't blame that cute cat. We all deserve fancy food.

Sangye
01-04-2010, 08:15 AM
LOL-- totally...

Sangye
01-04-2010, 08:16 AM
http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/128957020080072993.jpg (http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/%3Ca%20href=)

coffeelover
01-11-2010, 01:49 PM
MN hit 20 degrees today so I took my doggies for a long awaited walk. It felt great to get out of the house again.....still cold though
LIsa

elephant
01-11-2010, 10:50 PM
It's even cold down here, in South Carolina! During the day in the 30's, we are not use to that.

Sangye
01-12-2010, 02:04 AM
Oh, it's been crazy cold here in Maryland. Even my dogs don't want to go out. Patch usuallly like the cold, but this is too much.

Doug
01-12-2010, 05:54 AM
Doug, out of deference for Louie I didn't want to say he looked like a lioness, what with the ninja shot and all it might hurt his masulinity.
I thought I commented on this, but I don't see it: Louie is neutered, so "masculinity" is severely limited!

jola57
01-14-2010, 02:11 PM
Poor Louie, but then happy Doug no midnight cat-a-wouling

Doug
01-15-2010, 03:22 AM
This is a more appropriate place for the Louie up-posts: Louie, if you ignore him, gives up easily. However, if he switches his tail on my face, there is no ignoring him then! Also, here is a repeat of the photo he took when he knocked my webcam off my computer monitor. He'd just watched the video Jolanta attached (Fluffy eating milk from a spoon- a hoot!), wanted down. He walked across my keyboard, knocked the webcam behind my monitor, and somehow managed to take the photo. That's my baby!

jola57
01-15-2010, 03:25 PM
Like owner like pet

elephant
01-15-2010, 10:53 PM
Ha, Ha...some actually look like their pet.

Doug
01-16-2010, 03:12 AM
Ha, Ha...some actually look like their pet.

Well, I am fuzzy-faced and sleep alot for the amount of food I eat. Yeah, I'm a fat, fuzzy cat!

elephant
01-16-2010, 04:05 AM
that's cu tier than some human beings that I know. So that is OK.

MCC
01-23-2010, 10:24 PM
I have one lovely cat called Worm, or usually 'The Worm' as when I adopted her from the RSPCA she was very skinny (and long) due to having being a stray. She had a hard start in life but she is amazingly friendly. She is currently living with my Mum back in the UK whilst I'm away.

I have some funny photos of her with her old best friend, a house rabbit called Audrey.

moyan
01-24-2010, 12:42 AM
Hi Mandy. I take it you love your cats like I do, a nuisence but they make me laugh so much. I once asked my daughter rethorically " what would I laugh at if not for them". She quickly answered "Yourself" I thought that was such a good answer. Schux is from SPCA, didn't know I would come home with a cat that day, hence the name. He is a sealpoint siamese mix. Saboteuse is half his size with a chinchilla fur, soft as a cloud looks.. Schux is blueeyed and she is yelloweyed!

Sangye
01-24-2010, 03:43 AM
A friend sent me this Snopes article about pet snacks sold in stores. I don't feed stuff like that to my dogs but thought I'd share it with you guys in case you do.
snopes.com: Dog Treat Warning (http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/dogtreat.asp)

MCC
01-25-2010, 08:00 AM
Hi Mandy. I take it you love your cats like I do, a nuisence but they make me laugh so much. I once asked my daughter rethorically " what would I laugh at if not for them". She quickly answered "Yourself" I thought that was such a good answer. Schux is from SPCA, didn't know I would come home with a cat that day, hence the name. He is a sealpoint siamese mix. Saboteuse is half his size with a chinchilla fur, soft as a cloud looks.. Schux is blueeyed and she is yelloweyed!

Yes I do! I like dogs too but I've never had one. Your cats sound gorgeous, do you have photos?

This is The Worm and Audrey the rabbit hanging out on the sofa:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g182/cartermandy/4-2.jpg

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g182/cartermandy/2-2.jpg

Terri
01-25-2010, 12:50 PM
Thanks Sange for posting about the treats.
Sometimes I get in a hurry and forget to read the labels closely. Around Christmas time this happened to me. my Bella is not happy if I come home with bags of "stuff" and she doesn't get anything. She will actually pout and go to her room. (I guess you could say she is spoiled)Anyway, I picked up a bag of treats. Waggin Train brand, pork skin twists with chicken liver centers. All natural ingredients. I felt safe with it. Address was South Carolina. OK. I gave two that evening and the next time I tried to give her one, she refused it. I could also hear her belly sounding like a cat meowing. After closer inspection of the bag I saw it said on the bottom, Waggin Train is an American owned company and operates US managed facilities. In small print on the side it said, Treats for Dogs, Made in China.What the heck?? It's probably a good thing that she is 83 # and not 3# or she would have been sick. I'm hesitate to buy any kind. I have a good recipe for homemade treats if anyone is interested. another good place to check things out for your pet is Dr. Michael W. Fox - Essays, Reviews, Articles on Pet Behavior, Care and Health (http://www.twobitdog.com/DrFox) .

Lightwarrior
02-01-2010, 03:16 AM
I have five grandchildren who live with me, one daughter (two daughters, one lives with me) and a boxer named Ciara who is a year old in March. We haven't told her that she is a dog and she truly has no idea that she is not one of the grandkids. I also have a kitten about 5 months old who can't decide if she is a cat, a dog or a kid, she follow my 13 year old grandson around like a dog and sits up and begs. I wonder how I ever lived without Ciara and Bunny (named by the grandkids, no idea why???)

elephant
02-01-2010, 04:27 AM
Lately I have been looking at the Humane animal society to adopt a dog. My first thought is should I take on another life, since I have two children? I know a dog is work, but brings joy to a family. Still thinking...

Lightwarrior
02-01-2010, 04:46 AM
Can you afford the time and expense? Do you have time to play with and include the pet in your family life? Are you prepared for hair on furniture, chewed up shoes? Dogs in paticular are very social animals, at my house with the age range of grandkids, (17 to 2) there is always someone home and someone following and/or hugging the dog and cat. If you adopt, a great idea make sure that the animal has a loving temperment around children. Dominic my 17 year old grandson snuck Ciara home in his jacket when she was 2 months old and I said NO, then he slipped her next to me while I was sleeping and I woke up saying yes. She has grown up used to my 2yr old and 6 yr old granddaughters climbing on her, dressing her, tying bows to her ears and tails and is very patient. I also have days when my grandson is busy that I end up being the one to make sure animals have food and water.

Pets are a great part of family life, they are a serious and life long commitment though. Good luck on your decision, I know you will make the right oned :-)

moyan
02-01-2010, 05:04 AM
Personel at the SPCA usually can provide a little bit of info on the dog. Some dogs need lots of excercise while others are content just being loved. Some tend to snip at you, while others lick you. I think animals are for big benefit of children, they learn compassion, tolerance and duties

Sangye
02-01-2010, 07:57 AM
How wonderful to think about getting a dog! Thank you for considering adopting one from a shelter. All my dogs have been rescues, and all have been mutts. I couldn't imagine my life without my dogs.

Another thing to consider when adopting a dog is the economy and your individual risks. So many people are losing their homes and having to give up their dogs-- shelters are in real crisis, and loving family pets are being euthanized at alarming rates. None of us knows our futures for sure, but if there is any known risk of losing the dog, it's best not to adopt. Otherwise, I say go for it. There are so many sweet dogs that would love to have an Elephant mom. :D

AnnaG
02-11-2010, 01:16 PM
Our Barney Beast is a rescue. :) How or why anyone would willingly give him up is beyond me. I had been looking for the 'right' dog for a couple of years. I regulary cruised Petfinders.com, which is where I found Barney. I saw his pic and he stuck in my mind and I just knew he was the one, even though he was about 4 hours away. He had been in foster care for 9 months and not one person had put in an application or even had an inquiry on him. It's like he was waiting for us too. He is an 85+ lb puddle of love, mostly black lab mix.
I firmly believe in rescuing pets. But you have to also be willing to work with any issues they may have. In Barneys case he has hip displaysia in his future. I had a dog before with this so am experienced in dealing with it. And with ANY dog you have to be willing to put in some training time. But believe me, it is worth every second. These critters are pure love and adoration. And indeed they are a wonderful experience for children. You just have to have the right pet for you.
So, first thing you need to do is figure out what things you want and don't want in a pet. For instance, with us, I wanted a big dog but not one that required a lot of daily activity. One that was mellow tempered but cheerful. Health issues I can deal with. Agressiveness in any form I could not have. Shedding, no problem, I got a cat and kids, nothing is clean here anyway. So we found dear Barney. They said he had an issue with chewing. Well excuse me, dogs need to chew as much as they need to breath IMO. It sounded to me as if someone in his past wasn't canine educated. Turns out I was right. I give him rawhide chews and to this day the only thing he ever gets into is toilet paper. If its a paper product and on a roll it just calls to him, lol. I can live with that. Evidently some people can't. BTW, he's only ever ruined 2 rolls here and one partial roll of paper towels he found in my car. Whoop-tee-dooo, right?
When you first get a dog, besides the adoption fee (which in our case was $100) you'll need a couple hundred dollars to get his basic needs set up. This may seem like a lot but it really isn't and you will be glad you got the basics right away. These include but are not limited to:
Food
treats
chews
bowls
collar
Gentle leader (A MUST)
a plastic coated steel cable tie out ( chains are bad for the dog and your lawn)
possibly a dog bed (I use a folded blanket)
Any dietary supplements needed (Barn needs fish oil for dry skin)
Shampoos
Conditioners
Grooming aids such as nail clippers and file and brushes/combs

So you see it could add up fast.
Also you need to keep in mind someone who could care for it when/if you have to go in hospital and such. Also have a vet lined up if you don't already have one.
One of the best things about getting a rescued pet is they are often already neutered and vaccinated and in our case Barney is already microchipped. So his adoption fee was a bargain indeed!

Many rescue organizations are very good about helping you find the right pet to fit in with your family needs. I know ours was fantastic.
I hope you find a critter to give a forever home to. It is one of the most rewarding things you will ever do. :)
Good luck!

onatreetop
02-14-2010, 12:30 PM
I loved having dogs as a child but know now with four kids that four kittens are enough for now. I cant believe how happy they have made all of us and us them. If they were dogs it might be a bit much for our active family. I dont think we would have the time to give them the attention they need. So cats were the right choice for us. We did rescue them from the shelter. They are getting so big so fast. Even the tiny one is still small but a different kind of cat than the three that are litter mates. We love the love we get from them but the litter box OMG!! Just one still cleaning it twice a day. If we skip we fill two lunch bags with lumbs and poop.
I was hoping to get the kids to help out at the place we gott hem from but no luck. They want to be home with there kitties. They really miss them when there at school.

elephant
02-24-2010, 12:22 AM
I have a 7 month golden retriever. Got her on Craigslist for free to a good home. Her name is Sophie and is such a sweet dog. Very calm and good with kids and other dogs. She loves playing in our backyard with the soccer and tennis balls. I will take her to the Vet tomorrow and we bought Eagle pack dog food for her. We all love her!

moyan
02-24-2010, 12:36 AM
WOW! Hi Sophie, best kind of dog.

Sangye
02-24-2010, 02:28 AM
Congratulations! Sophie is one lucky girl to find such a wonderful mom and family. Wishing you all many years of joy together. :)

Sangye
02-24-2010, 02:31 AM
http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/cute-puppy-pictures-big-dreams.jpg (http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/%3Ca%20href=)

LilyPony
02-24-2010, 03:17 AM
This is our darling Lily the pony. We "rescued" her from a breeder last year. She was only 5 years old (equivalent to a human 15 year old) but already had two babies. She was in terrible shape and full of worms. She turned out to be a fabulous pony and was easy to train. We're so underemployed right now that it would be a struggle for us to care for her, but Lily has a herd of girls that ride her and she is able to earn her own upkeep. I go out to the stable and ride her at night after everyone's off to bed. She's my little fuzzy ball of Prozac, keeps me sane!

Sangye
02-24-2010, 03:21 AM
She's so beautiful. I'm glad you're able to keep her through tough times. It's a struggle to keep my 2 dogs and cockatiel, but I'd be a total mess without them.

jola57
02-24-2010, 03:44 AM
for all the bunny lovershttp://betaimg2.sling.com/sli/images/dyn/video/273055/cr/292/164/0/70/273055.jpg?v=2 (http://www.sling.com/blog/6855/Giant-Bunny-Dominates-the-UK%3A-From-the-Bullpen) one giant bunny

LilyPony
02-24-2010, 04:05 AM
Oh my gosh! I had one that big in college. I was soooo allergic to him but loved him to pieces. He played hide & seek and would toss a foam ball back and forth.

elephant
02-24-2010, 10:10 AM
Thanks, guys...Love my dog. She is getting use to us. She is calm and does not bark. I'm sure she will someday soon. I love her and so does everyone else.

Doug
02-24-2010, 04:58 PM
Just a quick note to let all know I'm still around! I'm hosting a birthday party (week!) for my mother's 96th birthday. All my siblings and I now are retired and this is the first time since our father's funeral in November 2008 we've been able to get together at once in one place. My sisters leave by the end of the month, but my brother will be here till March 25th. Though I'm not having any WG issues (thankfully!), all my siblings are staying with me. My cat Louie is behaving very well for his aunties and uncle, which, of course, is cagt perfidy! Everyone knows he's a bad kitty!274275

elephant
02-24-2010, 10:26 PM
Hey Doug, I was just thinking about you the other day. Was wondering what happened to you. So glad you are having family with you. That is great, your mom being 96! Wow! What is her secret? You will live to be that old too. Have a blast at the birthday party! Happy Birthday to your MOM!

Sangye
02-25-2010, 02:12 AM
Well, one of her secrets is having a loving son like Doug who has taken good care of his parents in their old age. :)

jola57
02-25-2010, 02:54 AM
Happy birthday to you Mom Doug, I am sure in her heart she knows what a wonderful son she has. Glad you can spend some time with your siblings.

DEE
02-25-2010, 08:50 AM
glad to hear from u again said to BARON that not seen anything from u in a while have great time with your family DEE +BARONx

Terri
03-08-2010, 11:57 AM
for all the bunny lovershttp://betaimg2.sling.com/sli/images/dyn/video/273055/cr/292/164/0/70/273055.jpg?v=2 (http://www.sling.com/blog/6855/Giant-Bunny-Dominates-the-UK%3A-From-the-Bullpen) one giant bunny

WOW!!! Now that's a bunny! That is like a real life Easter Bunny LOL
Beautiful!

Terri
03-08-2010, 12:01 PM
Hey I just noticed since I posted, that rabbit is bigger then my dog!
She's part Rotty and has a big head to begin with. Bet that rabbit could beat her up.

elephant
03-08-2010, 01:20 PM
It could beat up my 7 month golden retriever.

Sangye
03-08-2010, 02:33 PM
It could beat me up.

jola57
03-08-2010, 04:35 PM
I know, I couldn't believe it but it is a real picture. He lives happily in UK

Sangye
03-09-2010, 12:53 AM
I bet he's happy! He looks like he eats his way through the produce section of a grocery store every day! :D

Sangye
03-09-2010, 12:59 AM
This makes me laugh every time I look at it. I thought we can all use a giggle.

http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/funny-dog-pictures-a-peeling.jpg (http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/%3Ca%20href=)

elephant
03-09-2010, 01:25 AM
That is so funny! You made my day!

jola57
03-13-2010, 03:22 AM
First it was the "hot dogs" now its watch out for the banana dogs

Doug
03-13-2010, 01:14 PM
287 Louie grounds himself on his scratch board. In fact, every time you see him sleeping, he attempts to have at least one foot touching something. If you walk over him (he blocks the narrow passage from one room to the next), he often will lightly touch your with his foot as yoiu pass over! [I had a wonderful time with my family, thank you! One of the side benefits of WG is I feel more intensely how much I love each of my sisters, my brother, my Mom.]

Sangye
03-13-2010, 01:18 PM
Those are great pics, Doug. Looks like Louie has become quite comfortable in his life with you. :)

Luce
03-13-2010, 10:21 PM
Louie sounds just the cat my parents took in about 18 months ago - he must have one paw touching you if he asleep on the couch with you, and will touch your foot if you walk past him on the floor. It's always a slow, gentle, tentative touch which can be very sweet but I usually find it just a little on the creepy side!
DJ (he's black and white and looks like he's wearing a dinner jacket) also often sleeps on the floor in a Superman pose.

Great pics Doug!

elephant
03-14-2010, 12:31 AM
I love your pictures of Louie, she looks kinda like Garfield but nicer. Doug, hope you see your family soon. Family is so important....like your said...WG does remind us that family and friends are more important than stuff.

Doug
03-14-2010, 07:12 AM
Luce- It sounds like your parents have what is called a Tuxedo cat if it also has white"socks". Louie (neutered male, elephant, but, in his case, the issue is moot! Ha!) doesn't like coffee, so he'd be a sad case substituting for Garfield. Louie is very much settled in (everything in the apartrment has little signs Louie posted: "Mine"! When I fall asleep in my recliner, I better fall asleep with a pillow on my lap because he will jump up, all 20 lbs. (a bit over 9.07 kg) of him, and land with considerable force! My sisters came and left in February, but my brother is still here for about 10 more days. It is my brother who repoorts that one time Louie jumped in my lap while I slept in my recliner chair, he licked my hand all over then jumped down. I slept through it.
290 This an example of a typical tuxedo cat, my "nephew" Sox,m who is my Seattle sister's kitty. They come in short and long haired versions. (Click on the photo to enlarge for better detail....)

Sangye
03-14-2010, 08:31 AM
I had a sweet little tuxedo cat a few years ago-- Tashi Kitten Boy. I liked how he was always dressed for dinner. :D

moyan
03-14-2010, 10:13 AM
Hi, my legs sometimes are quite swollen, and if Schux jumps up in the recliner with me on it, 10 sharp claws punch holes that leak lymph for days. Very wet!!

Sangye
03-14-2010, 10:36 AM
I guess Schux is trying to spare you taking diuretics? :D

elephant
03-14-2010, 11:21 AM
Moyan you have a smart cat. :)
I love the look of the tuxedo cat. So classy.

Lola
03-15-2010, 01:51 PM
I just love animal lovers! I love you all.
I lost my precious Oscar 2 years ago. He was a short haired tuxedo and was my soulmate for many years when I lived alone.
His Pinto brother, Sammy, died just 2 months before him, so I lost them both. Think I'm still in mourning. Sammy was white with big black blobs, hence the pinto name.
It's almost time to jump in again.

elephant
03-15-2010, 09:23 PM
I am so grateful that we have a 7 month golden retriever, she is a beauty. Our family just fell in love with her and she just brings so much love and comfort in our lives.

Sangye
03-21-2010, 12:53 AM
Speaking of Tuxedo cats.....

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/funny-pictures-cat-has-tight-tuxedo.jpg (http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/%3Ca%20href=)

moyan
03-21-2010, 02:14 AM
Harry must be sitting on thumbtacks. Fakir? Hm, what would that be in English? (Same according to dictionary)

Doug
03-28-2010, 04:41 PM

This is my window notice that I have a indoor cat with
higher aspirations. Photoshop is addictive, as is the ease of
making digital images that have impact.

(double-left-click on thumbnail to see it in all its glory)

Cindy M
03-28-2010, 04:48 PM
I have a dog - maltese shitzu named Mocha. She is by far my best friend. Loves me no matter what I look like.

elephant
03-28-2010, 10:58 PM
Very cute Doug! I love my golden retriever!

Sangye
03-28-2010, 11:57 PM
Hilarious, Doug. :D

Sangye
04-02-2010, 02:21 AM
With the wonderful spring weather, our dogs are able to be outside more. I thought they should be prepared.

http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/129116762892429070.jpg (http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/%3Ca%20href=)

(the ankle bands are my favorite--nice touch!)

elephant
04-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Sangye, love the dog! WOW! What a outfit! Don't want to mess with that dog!

Doug
04-03-2010, 12:27 AM
301 Louie has an elephant on his tail side. It isn't easily seen in this photo (curiously, the only elephant photo I have of Louie), but imagine the tail to be his trunk, and other things come into place. (More a wooley mammoth....) Don't forget to click on the photo to bring it up as much as it can go.

Sangye
04-03-2010, 12:35 AM
I'm just happy he doesn't have tusks back there. :D

elephant
04-03-2010, 04:39 AM
Doug, very creative, yes that looks like a tiny elephant. Phew so glad Louie does not have tusks. :)

DEE
04-05-2010, 06:00 AM
met benji one of my reasons for getting up in a morning along with his fiffteen year old playmate bobby the jackrussel
luckily i have two freinds who walk him regularly as im not able to at the moment so he gets the best of all worlds walks and to curl up on sofa not a bad life !!!
he can smell toast at a hundred paces and if i forget to do him some he soon lets me know
he is what makes me smile on a bad day and cry with laughter on a goodv day :) DEEx

moyan
04-05-2010, 07:20 AM
Cute one Dee! He looks as if he smells toast right there.
Once I asked my daughter the "retoric question" What would I laugh at if no cats? Response:"yourself!" I thought that was so right on!

Sangye
04-05-2010, 08:39 AM
Benji is so adorable! That's a great pic-- the background really shows him well. :)

Natalie
05-21-2010, 11:09 AM
301 Louie has an elephant on his tail side. It isn't easily seen in this photo (curiously, the only elephant photo I have of Louie), but imagine the tail to be his trunk, and other things come into place. (More a wooley mammoth....) Don't forget to click on the photo to bring it up as much as it can go. WOW how great is that ! funny as tooo lmao

Natalie
05-21-2010, 11:19 AM
my girl Stasha :) down the local park I was trying to capture the reflection in her eyes . she wasnt to impressed with me pointing the camera in her face lol
http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt295/NATSPRATS/w10001-4.jpg
http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt295/NATSPRATS/niceview-1.jpg

Sangye
05-21-2010, 11:23 AM
Stasha is gorgeous! Look at those soulful eyes!

Natalie
05-21-2010, 11:30 AM
She is beautiful so loyal this was her on a quite day sitting under a shady tree watching the world go by was nice :) .

Lightwarrior
05-21-2010, 12:02 PM
She is beautiful so loyal this was her on a quite day sitting under a shady tree watching the world go by was nice :) .

What a talent you have for photography!!

Natalie
05-22-2010, 07:18 PM
thanks Lightwarrior I love taking photos :) I will have to put some in my folder in my profile :)

Doug
05-23-2010, 12:46 AM
my girl Stasha :) down the local park I was trying to capture the reflection in her eyes . she wasnt to impressed with me pointing the camera in her face lol

Dog eyes are ss, so soulful! Sasha is a beautiful dog, Natalie! I was curious to see how much detail I could coax out in Photoshp, and attach an enlarged view of what Sasha saw that day. It appears to be a park, with grass and trees. Natalie, you doubtless can recognize the scene and add more detail. Do I see another dog, sitting in front? Actually, logically, it must be you, though I'm having difficulty finding a human form in the photo. (click on "Attachment 330" to bring up eye photo....)

jola57
05-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Ok all you savy attachers, how do you attach a photo to the post. I know I did it once, but a sticky would be good so that I and others do not have to keep looking for answers. Sangye, how do you do it with the funnies? When I drag I get the famous Attachement # which doesn't work.

Sangye
05-23-2010, 11:00 PM
It took me forever to figure out how to attach the LOLcats and dogs. Below each of their pics is a box with the code to copy/paste. I copy/paste it into the "Insert Link" box in this forum. (It doesn't work if you insert it as a pic) It copies two of the same pictures and a couple lines of text. I highlight the text and extra pic and delete them to leave one funny pic. Very fast and easy.

For some reason, the LOLdogs site keeps removing the codes. They come and go. Meanwhile, I can't copy their pics. Only cats!

jola57
05-24-2010, 08:34 PM
I get it but I don't think this will work for regular home pictures they have to be shrunk to a manageble size first.

Natalie
06-15-2010, 08:37 AM
Hi doug sorry its taking ME so long to reply to this im still trying to navagate this forum .. :)
I cant open that link neither ?? . Yes that is good observation Doug we were at the park looking out over the duck pond and the dark shadow is ME :) I donthave photoshop but would love to get a hold of it one day :)