PDA

View Full Version : Denture Misery

spiritscript
02-07-2015, 06:27 AM
Along with WG, I also have SS. Over the past 5+ years my teeth kept breaking and cracking. And the extreme dry mouth. I kept losing teeth and May/June 2014 I had to have the last 16 teeth extracted. I got dentures in August, 2014. I can no longer take the pain from these dentures! Also, my mouth is more dry than ever. And my NOSE is dryer then ever! I'm miserable! :(

mrtmeo
02-07-2015, 06:49 AM
If the dentures are really bothering you, it sounds like your gums are infected and very sensitive or the dentures don't fit properly.
If we lose or gain weight too quickly, our dentures won't fit right.
I hope someone else can shed some light on this for you.

JeanMarie
02-07-2015, 06:59 AM
Spirit--this sounds truly awful - I hope your dentist can help you

Jayne 14
02-07-2015, 07:07 AM
Oh Spirit this sounds like hell
I have sinus & mouth involvement , the great people on here have advised nasal rinses & steam to help soften & dislodge the debris . I have bought a Water Pik today so advise maybe you should get 1 too ?
I also smear Vaseline all over my mouth & nose and I find this helps make me more comfortable
I have no idea of denture pain so can't help but maybe a trip to the dentist is required ??
This Wegs is enough to make anyone miserable m this site saves me regularly .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

me2
02-07-2015, 03:30 PM
This sounds really miserable. When I was first diagnosed with WG I had a lot of involvement in my mouth. My tongue turne black, my teeth got loose and I had lots of bleeding. I don't know if you have this kind of involvement in your mouth.
If your WG is under control I would think you could rule that out.
When I had severe dry mouth I found Biotene Dry Mouth Rinse to be surprisingly helpful. They also make a toothpaste.

For your sinus I might recommend trying a sinus spray. I have not had luck with many of them. Some of them even make me feel worse. The one that works the best for me is Similasan Sinus Relief Nasal Spray. It is kind of ironic that it works so well for me because it is a Homeopathic remedy and I mostly don't believe in Homeopathy. I have to say 'mostly' because this spray works so good. Just spritz some in throughout the day. It feels good. I always use this heavily when flying because cabin air is extremely dry.

Also there is a Nasal Gel called Ayers that I find helpful sometimes. It is simply a saline gel that helps keep the sinus moist.

I heat with wood. Winter is the worst time of year for my sinuses as indoor air is extremely dry. If I miss even a day of keeping up the humidity in my house my sinuses hurt like the devil. Possibly you have dry air.

Hope you find relief soon.

spiritscript
02-08-2015, 05:04 AM
Thank you!

If the dentures are really bothering you, it sounds like your gums are infected and very sensitive or the dentures don't fit properly.
If we lose or gain weight too quickly, our dentures won't fit right.
I hope someone else can shed some light on this for you.

spiritscript
02-08-2015, 05:07 AM
​Thanks to all of you...

mrtmeo
02-08-2015, 05:10 AM
Thank you!
I know a dentist can reline dentures when they don't fit properly, but haven't been able to get my mom's relined, yet.
She just hates to wear them.
I am looking into a flexible denture that might be slimmer for her, but they are expensive and might not last as long.
I hope you find relief soon!

Jaha
02-10-2015, 05:27 PM
The pain from them depends on when they put your dentures in, like did they pull your teeth and put your denture in at the same visit? If they did then you probably need them relined. I think that they may be able to put a softer lining in to make it more comfortable, also there may need to be some grinding down in place on your plate, because of gums shrinking or inflammation. Call and get them to take a look at them and wishing all the best for some comfort.