PDA

View Full Version : Prednisone

renidrag
02-01-2015, 01:54 PM
Well after four plus years off of pred and five plus months back on I can tell you this, I really dislike it. Started at 5mgs, went to 1mg and STILL have weight gain. Twelve pounds on top of what I previously gained. Not happy
Dale

annekat
02-01-2015, 04:31 PM
That is weird how such a little bit can do that. I understand the longer we've been on it, the more of an effect a small amount will have. I've been briefly as low as 7.5, but flared, went to 20 and am now at about 13, trying to go lower. Weight gain is not such a problem for me at this level, but I do have trouble getting a few extra pounds off once they are on.

Debbie C
02-02-2015, 12:56 PM
I have been trying to lose the last 10 lbs forever. But I don't know if its just me or have others had an " attitude " change. I am always being told that I am yelling (mostly by my mother that is hard of hearing !) but also my attitude has changed. I know I wasn't like this before and I can sometimes catch myself being "bitchy" for no reason. Is it the pred or just the new me ??? Maybe I need xanax or the beach ??!!! Just wondering if pred has changed others the same way

Pete
02-02-2015, 01:37 PM
The beach is a good antidote to pred rage.:biggrin1:

im so blessed
02-02-2015, 01:53 PM
Aww ...the beach. I could cry. You're right. My best friend recently told me when i was sobbing on her shoulder about these terrible pred side effects that she wishes i could go to the beach and sip iced tea until i go off it. What a dream :)

annekat
02-02-2015, 02:22 PM
I have been trying to lose the last 10 lbs forever. But I don't know if its just me or have others had an " attitude " change. I am always being told that I am yelling (mostly by my mother that is hard of hearing !) but also my attitude has changed. I know I wasn't like this before and I can sometimes catch myself being "bitchy" for no reason. Is it the pred or just the new me ??? Maybe I need xanax or the beach ??!!! Just wondering if pred has changed others the same way It doesn't happen all the time, but yes, pred has made me crabbier and more vocal when I think things are wrong or unfair. Some of these things are worth mentioning, and I get tired of just letting them go! It is a delicate balancing act. But just replying here makes me want to try harder to keep tapering, which I could do, as I'm not in a flare or having much disease activity. I'd like to be more assertive, but could do so without the help of pred.

Jaha
02-03-2015, 09:43 AM
I hate preds, I am trying to taper and have been, for it seems like years. I hate how I look, feel and that I don't have a lot of patience .with people. I have gained 30lbs and developed Cushings syndrome from it. I am down to 13mg, and am hoping to take it to 5mg in the next 3months. It would be so nice if there were places to go to, like retreats for people like us just to be pampered and not have to deal with any issues for about 2 to 3 weeks. I saw something online about a place in the UK like that on a lake. Dream on Jana!

annekat
02-03-2015, 10:23 AM
I hate preds, I am trying to taper and have been, for it seems like years. I hate how I look, feel and that I don't have a lot of patience .with people. I have gained 30lbs and developed Cushings syndrome from it. I am down to 13mg, and am hoping to take it to 5mg in the next 3months. It would be so nice if there were places to go to, like retreats for people like us just to be pampered and not have to deal with any issues for about 2 to 3 weeks. I saw something online about a place in the UK like that on a lake. Dream on Jana! Jana, you sound exactly like me! Seems like years I've been in the process of tapering, AND I'm currently at 13mg.! Usually I have a flare in the winter and that shoots it all to hell. This year, so far, I'm not having one, knock on wood! So maybe I'll get to taper more easily. Just like you, I would LOVE to get to 5mg., but I think getting to 10mg by the end of February will be my first goal. I feel especially crabby today when dealing with bureaucracies, stores, traffic, etc., and I think it is time to go for it! Maybe tomorrow will be 12mg. Good luck to both of us! And that retreat place you described sounds great! There should be places like that, and health insurance should pay for them!

JeanMarie
02-07-2015, 06:08 AM
Sounds like one thing we all agree on - pred side effects are miserable! The drug we love to hate