PDA

View Full Version : Your Next Doctor's Visit Could Get Crowded

carrottop50
02-01-2015, 11:00 AM
From the article:
According to the American Academy of Family Physicians, around 10 percent of family doctors already offer shared medical appointments, sessions that bring together a dozen or more patients with similar medical conditions to meet with a doctor for 90 minutes.

Cleveland Clinic has conducted more than 10,000 group visits in recent years. The approach is particularly useful for patients who are managing such chronic conditions as diabetes, asthma, or osteoporosis.

This might be a very good idea just like this support group is.... I think even the doctors might learn a lot from these groups.

Check it out here if you are interested
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-01-29/health-why-group-medical-visits-are-catching-on

Tanya
11-15-2015, 04:50 AM
It's a great idea as long as you still get your 1:1 times

Dirty Don
11-16-2015, 03:13 AM
That's how Banner Hospital handled wife's hip replacement rehab. She got her 1-1 time with the surgeon appropriately, but rehab was done altogether for about 2 hours a day including knees & hips. A bit weird at first, but very efficiently run by a managing NP & her elves.

Pete
11-16-2015, 05:10 AM
That's how Banner Hospital handled wife's hip replacement rehab. She got her 1-1 time with the surgeon appropriately, but rehab was done altogether for about 2 hours a day including knees & hips. A bit weird at first, but very efficiently run by a managing NP & her elves.

I think the 1-1 time is critically important as some people are reluctant to ask questions or admit to not understanding what they've been told in a group setting.

Birdie
11-16-2015, 07:25 AM
I think the 1-1 time is critically important as some people are reluctant to ask questions or admit to not understanding what they've been told in a group setting.

And some people are mischievous (looking in mirror) which can be disruptive. :)