PDA

View Full Version : The Whole 30

NikkiNicole
01-15-2015, 08:33 PM
Oh this post has the potential to be controversial. But, this is what I am doing for me. I am posting it here because I trust you all and rely on your support!

On January 19th, 2015, I will be starting The Whole 30. What is The Whole 30? Well, it's 30 days of completely clean eating. No grains, no added/processed sugars (including honey), no alcohol, no dairy, no legumes. If it has a label, I won't be eating it! I will only be eating meats, veggies and fruit. I will NOT be counting calories, I will not be focusing on the scale. This is something I am doing to combat the inflammation in my body. I did a similar version of this before and felt pretty great. However, I did not start with this whole 30.

The purpose of it is to completely reset your gut. Thirty days of clean clean clean, natural eating. Once the 30 days are up, I can either continue as I was or slowly add certain things back in, like dairy. I may just add back in some goat cheese every once in awhile. I happen to use coconut milk all the time so ... not sure if I'll add back in cow's milk, etc.

Anyway, I am committing to it fully for 30 days. I am hoping that combined with the right medicine, I might be able to get ahold of my life again.

mishb
01-15-2015, 09:32 PM
I thought this was about your birthday today and maybe turning 30 or staying at 30 :thumbsup:

You have great will power and I believe that you can do it - and I suppose you now and throughout the moment. :hug1:

Why have you chosen the 19th? is that because no one attempts a diet change on a Monday :flapper:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIKKI

renidrag
01-16-2015, 12:49 AM
I wish you well and look forward to the results. My children have been harping on me to get rid of sugar, dairy and carbs for a while. Sometimes taking charge and running with it makes us feel better in itself. Best to you and good luck. Happy Birthday

Pete
01-16-2015, 02:36 AM
A version of this diet helped me lose the last eight "pred pounds". I am still following the plan, but have reintroduced dairy and a little bread. I've come to enjoy eating this way. We eat as much organic and non-GMO food as we can find. As an example, our dinner menu tonight is tossed salad with vinaigrette dressing, baked sweet potato, and a small grass-fed ribeye steak.

Nikki, I hope this plan helps you feel better soon.

JeanMarie
01-16-2015, 03:15 AM
All together now:

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Dear Nikki, Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!!!:hug3:

mrtmeo
01-16-2015, 05:12 AM
I hope your diet is free of gmo's and meats from grassfed and pastured, no hormones or antibiotic and Wild Atlantic Salmon and not farm raised.
If you stay with organic labelled produce, they cannot be grown using gmo's.
Good luck!

NikkiNicole
01-16-2015, 06:41 AM
Thanks. I was looking into things like this before at the urging of a friend so I emailed my doctor and she is on board with it as well. So ... that's what it is. I chose the 19th because I think we'll be out to dinner a couple times this week and I'd rather not go out to dinner until I've had at least 7-10 days of it under my belt.
I am feeling very positive!! I am excited.
I am also really craving another slice of the homemade cheesecake my co-worker made for me. I think I should have it today!

Debbie C
01-16-2015, 09:25 AM
Nikki..I hope it works and you start feeling better. I would really like to know what is it you will be eating. Just about everything has grains and sugar? I have neen drinking alot of smoothies using fresh fruit but alot of them call for some kind of milk so I have been using soy or silk brand but I also use honey and yogart so it seems that I am again defeating my purpose. Let me know what your diet consists of, I will be interested . Good luck and Happy Birthday:hug3:

NikkiNicole
01-16-2015, 09:50 AM
The food is basically Meats, Veggies and Fruit. Of course there are sugars naturally found in fruits and veggies but those are naturally occurring and not "added". There are no artificial sweeteners allowed and no added sweeteners even like honey. It is straight up meat, fruits, veggies. Your body learns to get the nutrients from the food and to feel satisfied versus still craving more.
It's going to be a challenge but, it can only be good for me.

greenjeep
01-20-2015, 09:46 AM
My coworkers wife did something like this. It helped her see if she had any intolerance to diff foods. I think she called it the Daniel plan.

Sent from my iPhone while driving on the freeway, eating salt, and drinking a 78oz soda.

mrtmeo
01-20-2015, 11:06 AM
Nikki..I hope it works and you start feeling better. I would really like to know what is it you will be eating. Just about everything has grains and sugar? I have neen drinking alot of smoothies using fresh fruit but alot of them call for some kind of milk so I have been using soy or silk brand but I also use honey and yogart so it seems that I am again defeating my purpose. Let me know what your diet consists of, I will be interested . Good luck and Happy Birthday:hug3:

Young baby coconut milk makes a great base for any smoothie, including veggie smoothies.
Add some cocoa powder and it tastes even better.

vdub
01-20-2015, 04:15 PM
it can only be good for me
That's probably true -- can't see any downside to it... I suspect there are a lot of benefits to it.