PDA

View Full Version : Prednisone Problem

Dorothea
01-09-2015, 04:07 AM
I'm on 40mg of Prednisone. Does anyone experience hand and foot cramping? It hurts so bad when it happens. [emoji30]

im so blessed
01-09-2015, 04:17 AM
I am on 40 also . Havnt had cramps in my hands or feet but in my back...since i started it 10 days ago. Maybe we arent drinking enough water?

MaxD
01-09-2015, 05:25 AM
Dorothea, I had a lot of foot cramps when I was on high doses as well. It's very common, nothing to worry about. My doc suggested two glasses of tonic water (the sugar-free kind!) a day to see if that might help. In any case, the cramps will gradually decrease and end as you taper down on the prednisone.

Pete
01-09-2015, 05:58 AM
In addition to tonic water, I ate a banana and took 100 mg of potassium daily. It gave me some relief.

mrtmeo
01-09-2015, 06:35 AM
The cramps were unbearable for my mom, but fortuneatly, they only last 3 days after a cut.
I use a homeopathic remedy called hylands leg cramps.
It comes in a creme or small pills that you dissolve under your tongue.
The cream has menthol in it, so using vinyl gloves keeps it off your hands.

This helped my mom quite a bit and I only had to use it once every hour.

MikeG-2012
01-09-2015, 07:12 AM
I'm on 40mg of Prednisone. Does anyone experience hand and foot cramping? It hurts so bad when it happens. [emoji30]

Yes, and pray that it never hits your forearm and wrist. I've never experienced anything like that before and never want to again!

Make sure you stay plenty hydrated. That helped with my cramping issues.

greenjeep
01-14-2015, 10:37 AM
Ahhhh ... Good old cramps. I have them in my feet and lower legs mostly, but gave had them in my hands too. I've found no relief until pred dose is reduced.

Sent from my iPhone while driving on the freeway, eating salt, and drinking a 78oz soda.

annekat
01-14-2015, 10:55 AM
I thought I had read on here somewhere that lack of magnesium and calcium could also be a factor. The other day I forgot to take my magnesium/calcium/zinc pill and I did experience some pretty strong hand and foot cramping the next day. Of course, I am also on about 14mg. pred at present. Don't know if there's a connection but wondered if it might ring a bell with someone.