PDA

View Full Version : Excessive Sweating

Angela
12-29-2014, 10:03 PM
Anybody else have trouble with excessive sweating?

My head and hair wet continually with sweat. I do understand that it is a minor problem but it looks and feels terrible. Washing my hair daily. Hair slightly thinning and not looking healthy but i still do have hair so probably shouldnt complain at all.

Taking the time to smell the roses .......

Angela.

renidrag
12-30-2014, 12:35 AM
I think it is called Prednisone. I am back on Pred and am experiencing the sweats again.
Dale

MikeG-2012
12-30-2014, 02:00 AM
I'm with Dale on this one. When I'm off the pred, I don't sweat much, but on it, my pores are like a faucet.

im so blessed
12-30-2014, 02:11 AM
Dear Angela, Yes, sweating from pred:( You remind me much of myself- apologizing for the little things:) Just want to tell you that on here you do not need to feel bad for "complaining" . We ALL get it. And just because something is not as bad as it could be-its still bothersome to the person going thru it...so "complain on" :) And welcome !!!

Pete
12-30-2014, 04:32 AM
Regarding your thinning hair, you may want to talk to your doctor about adding folic acid to your regimen. Hair loss is a side effect of methotrexate and some other immunosuppressants.

Angela
12-30-2014, 04:38 AM
And whats with my face lol. I look in the mirror and don't recognise myself. Probably the prednisone again !!
My face is now rounder fuller swollen. I did have high cheek bones and hollows. Not any more. Lol. And my dr said i am getting acne. Doesnt seem to be like when you are a teenager......such a life time ago. But more sort of just a very lumpy face. Sorry not a pretty picture. Lol

But i would rather all that than the alternative. So i have to be thankful that i was diagnosed at all and received treatment very quickly

Dirty Don
12-30-2014, 04:43 AM
It's mostly the pred, including the acne...docs called it pred acne...original, huh?! Hang tough, frequently the treatments are more disruptive than the disease itself! LOL!

annekat
12-30-2014, 06:25 AM
Yep, pred face is not pretty... at least you have high cheekbones under all that; I don't, and my face just becomes a big blob! My pred face is pretty much gone now, and yours will be, too, someday!

Jaha
12-31-2014, 06:57 AM
When I am able to go out I try to look as good as I can, with hair done, make-up on and clothes that fit right. It is very hard to get thru that process without sweating so much that you need a shower again, it really sucks. I know it is the peds but when you are in public and it happens that is really humiliating. I feel for you and hope things improve for you soon.

gwenllian111
12-31-2014, 07:41 AM
I get the sweats even without pred, esp at night. Hope your symptoms settle down soon, stay strong X

MikeG-2012
12-31-2014, 10:52 AM
And whats with my face lol. I look in the mirror and don't recognise myself. Probably the prednisone again !!

ABSOLUTELY!!

I about put a sales rep into a standing coma this November. When I saw her in June, I was in full "Stay-Puff Marshmallow Man" mode with the pred puffiness, and weighed about 30 pounds more! She walked into my office, froze and said, "WOW! YOU LOOK GOOD!!" Made my day to have a someone, nonetheless a very attractive woman, stop dead in her tracks and say that to me! (-8 And, yes, I told my wife all about it. She's met her at the trade-shows.

So, the good news is you might get to go shopping for some new clothes. The better news is that hopefully, it will be temporary like mine was. I'm still taking off some of the pred weight gain--currently about 35 pounds since Sept 1.

OJSRLS
01-03-2015, 06:21 AM
Hey Angela, I sweat terribly though I'm not on any steroids right now. I can be outside in the cold with just a T Shirt and sweat with the least bit of exertion. The Drs. can't tell me why. My blood work besides the ANCA are usually normal other than a low hemoglobin count. Sometimes I sweat to the point that my shirt soakad ed and will actually be dripping on the floor. I've tried Clinical strength Deodorant which helps some. I'm a part time EMT so you can imagine what it's like on a stressful call. I wish I had answers but I know the Wegs. effects people differently. I have a Sister and Brother-in-Law with late stage Cancer so I guess this is minor. Right now I some Upper Respitory going on hope it's a bug and not a flare. Keep the chin up there are good people in this forum that understand each other.
Best of Luck.

godgirl
01-04-2015, 07:08 AM
Angela,

It's funny you mention sweating - especially from your head. I started on prednisone over a year ago, and I sweat terribly - with just any kind of activity. And usually only from my head! To the point it's dripping off my hair.

I agree that things could be worse, but it's SO embarrassing. I think most people aren't bothered by it, but it's terrible when I walk into a meeting after rushing to get there, and I sit and sweat. Or when I do a presentation. Or just walk around the office. Or running to class (I go to school part time). It's stupid. And I'm down to 9mg pred.

Anyway, hang in there. The alternative is being really sick and I try to keep that firmly in my mind.

Jen