PDA

View Full Version : Florida Conference

debhaz22
12-23-2014, 09:35 AM
Hi all!
Just wondering who was planning on attending the Vasculitis Conference in June in Jacksonville, FL? I just signed up and would love to make a plan to meet as many forum members as I can there! :biggrin1:
Debbie: Charleston, South Carolina

brew22
12-23-2014, 11:13 AM
I would love togo and will check it out!!

morningsunshine
12-24-2014, 02:47 AM
I would love togo and will check it out!!

I'm planning on going! It would be great to meet some forum members there as well. :-)

Fingers crossed that my work schedule is compatible that week...

blu4runner
12-24-2014, 03:15 AM
I have already registered for the event and made my hotel reservations. My wife will be traveling with me as well. We attended the last symposium in Philadelphia in 2013 and it was well worth it. Hope to you all there.
Victor James- Stafford VA

whatthewhat
12-24-2014, 07:29 PM
I would love to go, but we are going to the National Jr Arthritis Conference, also in FL, shortly after, and I cannot afford both airplane tix. I look forward to hearing about it, though!

MikeG-2012
12-25-2014, 03:24 AM
You got me thinking about it Deb. I'll be at the InfoComm Show inn Orlando that week--. I wonder if I can drive up for a couple extra days. I'll check with the Mrs., and see if we can make it!!

mishb
12-25-2014, 07:16 PM
I don't think I can make it :unsure::ohmy::wink1:

MikeG-2012
12-26-2014, 11:09 AM
I don't think I can make it :unsure::ohmy::wink1:

It's only a couple thousand miles. If you start walking now, we might see you there Michelle! 😉

Seriously, would be nice to meet you once!

mishb
12-26-2014, 03:09 PM

Seriously, would be nice to meet you once!

Once is enough Mike :tongue1:

MikeG-2012
12-28-2014, 04:54 AM
Once is enough Mike :tongue1:

Would have to be at least twice. Once to say hello, nice to meet you. The other to give you a big hug!

rebekah
12-28-2014, 05:57 AM
I just registered! I'm going book my hotel and flight later when I know I get the days off from work. I'll try to take notes and post a summary (or basically everything that was covered) like I did at the last one for those that can't go.

debhaz22
12-29-2014, 01:30 AM
We really should plan a time to all meet up there...
:thumbsup:

MikeG-2012
12-30-2014, 02:04 AM
Looks like unless something comes up, we're IN! My wife will fly into Jacksonville and I'll drive up from Orlando.

I agree with Deb, we should pick a time to meet up. Anyone know the area? Can you give us an idea of where to go for suoper, etc.?

Pete
12-30-2014, 04:36 AM
I can't make it. Perhaps another time and closer to home...

blu4runner
12-30-2014, 05:09 AM
A meet up would be nice. Rebehah took excellent notes from the last symposium and I didn't realize we had been at the same table until the event was over so planning something in advance would be great.

MikeG-2012
02-03-2015, 09:48 AM
OK, my wife and I will BE THERE!! Looking forward to meeting at least a few of you!

How about dinner out on Saturday night? I have no idea what is near the Omni as far as restaurants, but I can look into it.

Can't wait!1 (-8

greenjeep
02-04-2015, 07:27 AM
What goes on at a vasculitis conference? I would like to meet folks too but what should I expect?

Sent from my iPhone while driving on the freeway, eating salt, and drinking a 78oz soda.

im so blessed
02-04-2015, 09:35 AM
I wondered that exact thing. I did google it but it was very non-specific.

Pete
02-04-2015, 10:23 AM
What goes on at a vasculitis conference? I would like to meet folks too but what should I expect?

Sent from my iPhone while driving on the freeway, eating salt, and drinking a 78oz soda.

If this is like most conferences, the day will consist of a series of lectures. There may be a space where various exhibitors show their wares. Between lectures, there will be time to use the washrooms and to meet and greet.

annekat
02-04-2015, 02:31 PM
Is this coming up soon? There is no way I could possibly go but am looking forward to hearing all about it and seeing pics of a bunch of you together!

blu4runner
02-05-2015, 02:01 AM
I did go to the symposium in Philadelphia in 2013. It starts on Friday around noon and goes until Sunday around noon. There is a general welcome and presentation for the whole group with various speakers and then there are breakout sessions you can choose related to your individual needs or type of vasculitis. At the top of the forum are notes Rebekah took and posted from the forum in Philadelphia.

Here is a link to the event with the schedule-International Vasculitis Symposium ? Jacksonville, Florida, June 19-21, 2015 (http://www.vasculitisfoundation.org/p221247/)

In my opinion it is well worth the time and cost. The information from the DR's that present is great but just as important is the interaction with other's who have the same diagnosis and are dealing with the same issues that we do.

MikeG-2012
02-05-2015, 04:22 AM
In my opinion it is well worth the time and cost. The information from the DR's that present is great but just as important is the interaction with other's who have the same diagnosis and are dealing with the same issues that we do.

That is EXACTLY why my wife and I are going!! (-8 Plus, I'm going to be in Orlando on business, so it's only a 2 hour drive from there.

rebekah
02-05-2015, 05:49 AM
I think Victor explained the symposium pretty well. It is definitely worth going to! I learned so much at the symposium and made so many friends! Interacting with others that understand what all of us go through everyday was invaluable.

Anne (and for others that can't make it), I'll take notes and post them here like I did last time. I'll try to be more concise and not ramble so much... I just looked at my post from the 2013 symposium and oh my gosh... I blame the pred.

rebekah
02-05-2015, 05:54 AM
And yes, we should all plan a night to go out! I'm not too familiar with the area, but my best friend is from there so I'll ask her for recommendations! :)

annekat
02-05-2015, 06:41 AM
Anne (and for others that can't make it), I'll take notes and post them here like I did last time. I'll try to be more concise and not ramble so much... I just looked at my post from the 2013 symposium and oh my gosh... I blame the pred. That would be very generous of you, Rebekah, and helpful, too! Plus, I hope you all will take lots of pics and share them!

rebekah
05-02-2015, 10:25 AM
Totally random question, but I'm trying to plan the trip... is anyone going from Orlando or south Florida area that will pass through Orlando? I really want to visit my best friend for a few days after the symposium, but renting a car is so expensive (and I really don't want to drive the 2 hours by myself). I'd make great company and would totally pay for gas, lunch, etc. :)

Debbie C
05-02-2015, 03:25 PM
I'm in Orlando now but I will be leaving on the 21st to go back home so I won't be able to attend it this year.I was planning on it but my friend has alot of time off work and in June its her busy time. The VF is having another webinar in May,I got an email from them,so I will post the day and time when I read it again in case anyone is interested.Sorry I won't be her to meet everyone coming and I would have shared a ride with you Rebekah cuz the rentals are expensive and by the way....You did a great job note taking last year

morningsunshine
05-02-2015, 10:28 PM
I really wanted to go to this and was planning on it, but I had a relapse in March, meaning vacation time and finances are tighter than expected.

I'm eagerly looking forward to your recaps! thank you in advance to those who plan to write them!!

Rini
05-03-2015, 02:24 PM
Totally random question, but I'm trying to plan the trip... is anyone going from Orlando or south Florida area that will pass through Orlando? I really want to visit my best friend for a few days after the symposium, but renting a car is so expensive (and I really don't want to drive the 2 hours by myself). I'd make great company and would totally pay for gas, lunch, etc. :)

where are you starting from?