PDA

View Full Version : Progress

Alias
12-16-2014, 10:58 AM
Here is an update that others may find encouraging. I had my first major symptoms in October, 2013, involving my ears and nose/sinuses. After two ear surgeries and a nasal biopsy, and getting sicker and sicker to the point I thought I was dying, I was finally diagnosed with GPA in early March, 2014. Treatment with prednisone and MTX, along with the usual adjuncts, has been very successful for me, despite a few bumps along the way. Several months ago I thought I was probably as good as I was going to get, but since then I've continued to improve. Most importantly, my energy level is nearly "normal." My nasal symptoms are well controlled with rinses. I've gotten pretty used to my hearing loss and the hearing aid is helpful, at least some of the time. My labs from this month are excellent. I'm tapering from 10 mg of prednisone, presently at 7.5, and holding steady with .8ml of MTX injected weekly for now. Prior to October 2013 I had been experiencing persistent cold/flu like symptoms for several months, so I can say that this is the best I've felt in well over a year! I know anything can happen, but I'm definitely enjoying the moment and hoping it lasts!

Jaha
12-16-2014, 11:23 AM
That is really good news, keep up the good work!:thumbsup:

Debbie C
12-16-2014, 12:53 PM
That is great news, just in time for the holidays....enjoy !

mishb
12-16-2014, 10:43 PM
That's a great report Tom.

Well done and I hope the improvement continues and that you have an awesome Christmas.

Here's looking at a med free 2015 for you

kaysee
12-17-2014, 04:31 PM
What a great report Tom. I hope you continue to improve and get back to your old normal. What a good Christmas present.