PDA

View Full Version : The you-beaut, two-for-one, shiny and new off topic bucket from other threads....

Doug
11-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Yeah John! You are correct! The drummer. That was the band (Cream) with Eric Clapton, wasn't it? All I remember is it was phenomenally great music, even for a fan of Baroque and Classical music. I think it was the musicianship as much as the music.;) (You'd expect a Liverpudlian to know his music!)

crackers
11-03-2009, 09:05 PM
doug if ever there was a band that the phrase "ahead of their time" applied to,it was them.
john.

RCOSSIO
11-04-2009, 02:12 AM
Maybe your cat could be called Herma and could become the new South African runner...:eek:

Doug
11-04-2009, 02:39 AM
Maybe your cat could be called Herma and could become the new South African runner...:eek:

With luck, Ginger and I won't get into a running contest! I have to say no to encouraging him by naming him Herma! On the other hand, Ginger Baker, as John notes, was part of one of the greatest bands ever. To call it rock and roll is to miss the more jazz-like improvisational skills of Ginger Baker. I guess to call him a jazz drummer would be fair. The other drum solo that approaches it (Baker's 12-13 minutes solo in "Toad" when he was a member of Cream) is a Gene Krupa solo at Carnegie Hall when Benny Goodman took his orchestra there in 1939, I think it was. I have a copy of the Goodman concert. I need to see if I can run down any Cream CDs. Eric Clapton, too, fits into a category that few match as a guitarist. I can't think who else played in Cream.

crackers
11-04-2009, 04:08 AM
it was jack bruce doug.
john.