PDA

View Full Version : Mouth sores and "gum" pains

RCOSSIO
07-12-2008, 03:26 PM
Can anybody relate????

I have one minor sore in my lower right gum as well as a throbbing pain in my upper and lower gums.

It started this week after missing my doses of vitamin C for the last 3 days. Curious if anyone out there experienced something similar.

With the 50mg of pred's i take, not only does my face look like this :) but my gums feels like this! :eek:

andrew
07-13-2008, 08:15 AM
Hi bloke! :)
Mouth sores (dunno about gum pain per se) can be directly associated with autoimmune diseases and can be a reaction to Chemo drugs such as the Cytoxan which I assume you're still on.

I sometimes get mouth sores too. They aren't painful though and go away in a day or two. My suggestion would be to rinse with some warm salt water a few times a day. If it sticks around much longer or gets too annoying, it might be an idea to visit the doc. There might be some other cause or maybe a medicated mouthwash your doc can recommend.

Hope it gets better soon mate!

witho
07-13-2008, 06:20 PM
I was prescribed an oral suspension while I was on Cytoxan, to prevent ulcers. It was Nystan (or Nystatin) and I had to take it several times a day after meals. I got a couple of ulcers, but this stuff just got rid of them straight away.

RCOSSIO
07-13-2008, 10:33 PM
thanks...Andrew and Witho

The sores don't bother really bother me. But the gums are very sensitive. I have my follow up visit this week with the DOC will let you know!

Gwenllian
10-10-2008, 04:51 AM
OMG! When I read this, i thought yesyesyes! That's me too!!!

I had AWFUL ulcers whilst on cyclo, enough to bring tears to my eyes! I couldn't eat or speak.

But generally speaking, i get lots of mouth ulcers too. Wonder if it's a WG thing!

RCOSSIO
10-10-2008, 12:18 PM
thank goodness it has gone away...

I had a major infection which was treated with amoxycillin 2000mg daily for 10 days. I also had a CT scan of my mandible which showed a lytic lesion, but for now after visiting a head and neck surgeon he thinks its benign bone lesion, will have another CT scan in November to ensure no changes.

I will tell you no more jaw pain and cheek bone pain. I was also taken off the Fosomax!