PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts?

Rose
12-01-2014, 08:43 PM
Over the years I have periodical breathlessness. I dont have a cough, it is not related to exercise, I have no mucous. The symptoms I do have is that I get a heavy feeling in my throat and neck area and my voice changes. When this happens I feel a bit breathless and at times (not every time) break out in a sweat. In a day it can come and go quite a few times. This may go on for a few days to a few weeks and then I dont have any symptoms for maybe 3 to 4 months.

Getting a bit concerned as it has been happening a bit more frequently lately. Just wondering if anyone has experienced similar symptoms. I did mention it to my Rheumy last time i saw him but he dismissed it saying probably nothing if it comes and goes like that.

Rose

im so blessed
12-02-2014, 01:13 AM
Hi Rose ! I went thru a period of almost a year of haorsness and short of breath. My docs dismissed it as hormonal changes because i was pg at the time. after about 9 months of it they finally sent me to ENT and he did a scope. My throat had scarring from letting it go so long and was 60 % closed. it was a stinosis caused by my WG. Ruemys are usually familiar with it as it happens to WG pts. So i would think if he was suspicious he would have checked for that. I wouldnt panic tho...ask him about it. I made the mistake of telling only my family doc who does not specialize in WG. and it did come it spurts so it must have been quiet at my 6 month app in ruematology. i have been accused as brushing things off too because i just assume this is just how it is with WG. not a good thing. best of luck !

Rose
12-02-2014, 01:35 AM
Hi Rose ! I went thru a period of almost a year of haorsness and short of breath. My docs dismissed it as hormonal changes because i was pg at the time. after about 9 months of it they finally sent me to ENT and he did a scope. My throat had scarring from letting it go so long and was 60 % closed. it was a stinosis caused by my WG. Ruemys are usually familiar with it as it happens to WG pts. So i would think if he was suspicious he would have checked for that. I wouldnt panic tho...ask him about it. I made the mistake of telling only my family doc who does not specialize in WG. and it did come it spurts so it must have been quiet at my 6 month app in ruematology. i have been accused as brushing things off too because i just assume this is just how it is with WG. not a good thing. best of luck !

Stenosis has crossed my mind but from what I have read on here I dont have ALL the symptoms like a cough, mucous etc. I do though have a constant PND. I was at my Rheumy again this am for my 4 month appointment and I brought it up again as it has been troubling me of late. Even as i was talking to him my voice was slightly hoarse, the heaviness was there and suddenly everything returned to normal. Again, he seems to think that the fact it comes and goes and can disappear for months at a time is nothing to be concerned about but I think I will consult with the ENT just to have it checked out.

Rose

im so blessed
12-02-2014, 10:15 AM
Not a bad idea.