PDA

View Full Version : TAPIR Trial

JeanMarie
11-25-2014, 06:12 AM
Has anyone joined the TAPIR Trial? The Assessment of Prednisone In Remission Trial (TAPIR) - VCRC (http://www.rarediseasesnetwork.org/vcrc/research/5526.htm)

I think I'm going to sign up, but I wondered if anyone else has & if you have, how is it going?

gilders
11-28-2014, 10:17 AM
Just read about the trial. I would be eligible except for the fact that I'm in the UK.
I have always aimed and achieved to come of Prednisolone once I'm in remission. Maybe this has not always been a good idea as I relapsed each time when off Pred.
My first relapse happened within a week or 2 of stopping Pred. The next relapse was about a month after stopping Pred. The next one 6 months, then next one a little over a year, the next one 2 years.
Finally my most recent relapse was after being of Pred for about 4-5 years. It does seem that I managing to go twice as long off Pred after each relapse. Therefore I would chose not to stay on 5mg of Pred long term whilst in remission (like the study suggests), I'd rather come off it completely. Hopefully I'll now manage a 10 year stint off Pred (currently on 10mg and 100mg Azathioprine)

Debbie C
11-28-2014, 01:53 PM
I'm not eligible,I haven't been on 20 mg within the past 12 months plus I also have copd. Let us know if you have been chosen

psudad
01-01-2015, 04:46 PM
I actually enrolled in this back in September through my doc at the Cleveland Clinic. I was surprised that they told me right away that i was randomized to the 5mg prednisone (for 6 months) group. I was hoping for the non-prednisone group but those are the breaks. I'm also on a 2yr maintenance dose of 150mg Imuran. No problems so far. I have my 3 month follow-up in January. I'm a (non-medical) researcher myself so am glad to have the opportunity to contribute to better treatments in the future.

Has anyone joined the TAPIR Trial? The Assessment of Prednisone In Remission Trial (TAPIR) - VCRC (http://www.rarediseasesnetwork.org/vcrc/research/5526.htm)

I think I'm going to sign up, but I wondered if anyone else has & if you have, how is it going?

csjknits
01-08-2016, 05:40 AM
I just signed up. I am also a (non-medical) researcher!

csjknits
01-21-2016, 09:55 AM
I just was assigned to the 0mg group. It's a pretty quick taper. Wish me luck!