PDA

View Full Version : Lobectomy

miracleshappen08
11-15-2014, 05:42 AM
Has anyone had a lobectomy done cuz the WG has destroyed their lung?

Dirty Don
11-17-2014, 05:14 AM
I've heard of a few on here who have, and I know a couple of people who have had one. It's really not much other than having to go under the knife. Unless there's severe damage, we can get along without a lobe quite easily. Best to you.

mishb
11-17-2014, 07:52 AM
I do know of a lady who has had half of her lung removed do to WG. She is not a member on here though.
I also know that she has been in remission for over 10 years now and does everything the same as anyone else.
Actually, she is always on the go - there is no stopping her.

Debbie C
11-17-2014, 08:45 AM
I had to have a partial middle lobectomy done to have a biospy taken. They tried twice with a needle but couldn't get enough to sample. The worst part was having the chest tube taken out afterwards.

miracleshappen08
11-17-2014, 10:11 AM
Last November, I had my entire upper left lung removed and 1/3 of the bottom on the left side also. I had only 30% of living through the surgery. The WG ate a hole the size of a tennis ball in my lung. And I had a lot of abscess on the lower lung. So I was curious to how many other prion have had to have one . Thanks for sharing!

Debbie C
11-17-2014, 10:52 AM
Oh My Gosh,,you have been through alot girl. I bet there are alot of stories you can tell us. Glad you are here to share them :biggrin1:

miracleshappen08
11-17-2014, 11:04 AM
Yes! I have been through a lot and I'm very glad and blessed to be here to tell them to. I'm starting to write a book. 😉 it's going to take a while to write.

Jaha
11-21-2014, 05:20 AM
I'm sorry that you had to go thru some much. I had to have a lobectomy and also they did resections from Lt lung. That was in 2010 and still have problems with the nerve pain in that area. I glad you are doing ok with that much of your lungs missing. All the best to you for more improvement.