PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with heart issues

kaysee
11-11-2014, 01:04 PM
I was hospitalized again last Thursday. My blood pressure was very low and heart rate over 150. Went to my pcp for pain in my left hip and the blood pressure. Dr decided I needed to go to the hospital so she called ems. The first two days my heart rate would jump from 80 to 150 and then jump back down. I was not in a-fib. Two days in ICU and some new medication and heart finally settled down. Was determined I also had a serious UTI. Been seen by two attendings, two cardiologists, two pulmonogists and two nephrologists. I can't keep track of the number of tests and imagines they have done. Finally on the third day the new attending asks about the hip pain. Now x-Rays and a second MRI. Pain in hip is fluid and bursitis. The fluid is in the groin and the orthopedic surgean said it could be an early condition of the hips caused by WG. He actually knew what WG was. I was impressed! Has anyone had cardiac issues or hip problems caused be WG?

miracleshappen08
11-11-2014, 01:41 PM
I have had problems with my heart. When I had my lung removed last year nothing showed up with heart problems but when they opened me up I had only 24 hours before a heart attack. I had so much fluid around my heart. They did a window to drain it. But my heart rate was all over the places then too but i was also low on blood. My blood was disappearing. It was weird!

Ruotsi1
11-11-2014, 03:04 PM
I have elevated blood pressure (on meds) and my resting heart rate is 100-110. Docs seem to think both are related to Weg's disease process and meds (specifically prednisone, I am currently on 20mg, weaning down from 60mg.) I also have presumed bursitis (have not had a MRI to confirm.). The pain in my hip started soon after diagnosis and I am sure it is Wegs related. I take turmeric capsules that have helped significantly with the hip pain and I also take tart cherry juice.

miracleshappen08
11-11-2014, 03:14 PM
I know that pred can really mess things up!! I hate it but at the same time it has saved my life. My joints hurt a lot. There times when I cannot walk. So I'm sure your hip is related to the WG. It's such a weird disease and really we should not be surprised by anything that happens. It is eating our bodies from the inside out. And all the meds can do is slow it down and make it so it's not so painful.
But with that said we do have hope. There are little miracles that can happen. 😊