PDA

View Full Version : getting off pred

randyt1
11-08-2014, 09:23 AM
Have not posted lately but after 7 yrs. pred. will no longer be on my list of daily meds. Still on infusion but hoping this will soon be gone also.. Still dealing w/stroke and working to get some more movement. Started riding a 21 speed bike and after 6 wks. up to 4 miles a day.Still having balance issues but hope the bike riding will improve this. Hope you all are getting better from the wg and god speed to all..RT..:thumbup:

Jaha
11-08-2014, 11:11 AM
It is really good to hear that things are looking up for you. It sounds like you really need a break. Congrats on the good news!:thumbup:

chris.wg
11-09-2014, 03:54 PM
Woo congratulations getting off pred its a harsh mistress. I hope some day everyone on this forum can be free of her.

mishb
11-10-2014, 09:01 AM
Well done Randy, that's excellent news.

Riding a bike with balance issues cannot be an easy feat - good on you

All the best for continued improvement and a life without WG

miracleshappen08
11-11-2014, 12:01 AM
Yay!!!! I'm glad that you are well enough to do this!!! 👍 I'm rejoicing with you!

Keep up the work out! I had a miner stork last year during major surgery. I have been working out trying to get strength back. It has been hard! And it has been a lot of mental work too. Cuz I keep thinking that I should be able to do this cuz I'm so young still.

I hope that you can stay off of the pred!!!

JeanMarie
11-12-2014, 10:23 AM
Nice to hear good news!!

morningsunshine
11-13-2014, 02:36 AM
Congrats on getting off the prednisone!! This is great news :thumbsup:

Jayne 14
11-15-2014, 11:25 AM
Yay !!!
Well done you !!
God speed to you too x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pete
11-20-2014, 02:04 AM
This showed up on the Vasculitis Foundation's Facebook page this morning from someone who has Churgg-Strauss. Gives some good advice about how to taper off pred and why going slower is better.

Reducing Steroids while on a Low Dose & Activating the Adrenal Glands By Marian Mesker - Churg Strauss Syndrome - Vasculitis - Pub Med - (http://www.cssassociation.org/patient-stories-reader/items/reducing-steroids-while-on-a-low-dose-activating-the-adrenal-glands-by-marian-mesker.html)

morningsunshine
11-20-2014, 03:02 AM
Thanks for sharing that link, Pete! I'm tapering right now and it had a lot of helpful information.