PDA

View Full Version : God bless us every one

greenjeep
10-27-2014, 10:26 AM
Just had a rough weekend. Looking back and hoping I'll keep feeling ok, it really strikes me how much this disease messes with your mind.
When I feel ok it's all clear how you need to be strong an positive. When I don't feel ok I cannot see how it would be possible to be strong or positive. I think there is some chemical component - at least with me - that alters the way my mind works during those low times.

Sent from my iPhone while driving on the freeway, eating salt, and drinking a 78oz soda.

Jayne 14
10-27-2014, 10:53 AM
Well I can't help your mind but I can send you a big hug & best wishes for a good week ahead / forget the rough weekend . Look ahead . It's clear & open for us all xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Debbie C
10-27-2014, 11:06 AM
Greenjeep,I hope things start getting better for you.Try not to eat too much salt, lay off sodas and don't text and drive ! Like Jayne said forget the weekend and think postive for a great week. :hug2:

greenjeep
10-28-2014, 12:41 PM
Thanks all for your replies. I am feeling better.
I am also trying to taper from 10mg to 5mg pred. I'm blaming this for my mental inadequacies this weekend. Either that or I'm going nuts.

Sent from my iPhone while driving on the freeway, eating salt, and drinking a 78oz soda.

Debbie C
10-28-2014, 12:58 PM
greenjeep,that's the problem. I think you are trying to taper TOO fast. Maybe you should go back to 10 for a couple days and try 1mg. at time for a couple weeks. Good luck.

greenjeep
10-29-2014, 06:34 AM
Debra, do you have 1mg tablets? The smallest I have ever had is 5mg

Pete
10-29-2014, 07:06 AM
Pred comes in 1, 2.5, 5, 10, and 20 mg tabs (maybe bigger as well).

Jayne 14
10-29-2014, 07:35 AM
U need to taper slower , I dropped by 2-5 for 2 weeks each reduction
You can ask your doctor to prescribe 1 , 2-5 to do it with
I was in bits doing a 5 mg drop till this wonderful place advised what to do x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Donna-from-Philly
10-29-2014, 08:56 AM
I drop 1mg every 4-6 weeks. From 15 to 5. I had no problems with the tapers until my recent flare up. Now I'm up to 20mg and changing everything. I've been doing this since 2011 and the longest I've gone between flare ups is this last year and that's because of brain surgery and removal of my left eye and surrounding tissue.
Was on cytoxin and pred. Now trying pred, Imuran and then rtx. Can't take methotrexate.