PDA

View Full Version : Time for Dentures?

Dorothea
10-20-2014, 07:38 AM
Does anyone have problems with their teeth getting loose?:rolleyes:

mishb
10-20-2014, 08:41 AM
I asked the same question to my dentist on Wednesday.

He said that they are not getting loose, it just feels like it.
He said that it could be a number of reasons with the main one being inflammation and another being a mouth breather (especially whilst asleep) and not breathing through your nose.

Jayne 14
10-20-2014, 10:52 AM
Teeth not loose : but really bad bleeding sore gums :-((((
My Wegners Doc said it was mouth involvement ( and I do mouth breath although getting slowly less so )
😁

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jaha
10-20-2014, 11:25 AM
My teeth are just plain falling apart. I have sore gums and my teeth are breaking. I wish you all the best in getting some relief Dorothea, that's a tough decision to have to make.

Dirty Don
10-20-2014, 12:30 PM
I went thru the loss/destruction of my teeth. My teeth weren't great, but the pred hastened their demise. I made the decision in January of this year to go to false teeth. Felt a lot better almost immediately w/o anything being done but removal. I considered implants, dentist tried to sell them to me, I went with the false teeth as I have major nasal damage and didn't want the risk of a screw breaking thru the walls for an infection. Dentist agreed...I'm not sure he knew what to do with me. It's turned out to be a longer process than I assumed, but it's been essentially worth it. Best to you.

drz
10-20-2014, 04:20 PM
i had to have one loose one pulled and several more capped as they just disintegrate from combination of GERD, diabetes, dry mouth, pred, and problems absorbing calcium due to Wegs, meds, and diabetes. Mouth sores are very common too with Wegs so extreme dental care is necessary with lot of brushing, flossing, and frequent dental cleanings to reduce the serious problems.

JeanMarie
10-21-2014, 01:13 AM
My dentist said pred causes changes to saliva. He has me coming in every 3months for a cleaning--so far so good. Although I did have an abscess & lost that tooth this year. But a really good dentist can do a lot to save teeth.

miracleshappen08
11-20-2014, 06:53 PM
Oh wow! I know that WG CNA cause teeth problems but I didn't know it could be this bad. I have bleeding gums sometimes and there are times my teeth feel loose, I have not been to the dentist for about 6 years. I guess I better set up an appointment! Thanks everyone