PDA

View Full Version : Skin growths

whatthewhat
10-18-2014, 06:54 AM
Has anyone had growths "consistent with granulomous activity" on their "tensile" skin (elbow, or knee) ? If so, were they treated?

gilders
10-18-2014, 07:09 AM
I had what was called a vasculitic rash. It was biopsied, but I'm not sure what the results were (it definitely wasn't what confirmed Wegener's)
From what I remember I didn't have any any specific treatment for the rash. It just went away as I reach remission.
The particular "spot" they chose to biopsy was on my elbow. It took a few weeks to heal and I still have a scar from it.

whatthewhat
10-18-2014, 07:45 AM
Thank you for replying. Our daughter has had rashes from WG; at diagnosis I counted 5 different types of marks on her body, and one type was what got biopsied (and yes, there's a scar!) This new growth (which was also punch-biopsied) can happen to non-Weggies too, evidently. My belief is that is is exacerbated by her disease, and her dermatologist agrees, so I was wondering if anyone else has these things too. I wish I knew how to upload pictures ...

whatthewhat
10-18-2014, 07:46 AM
They look more nodule-y than blemishy, if that makes any sense.

Dirty Don
10-18-2014, 09:23 AM
I had the rashes on my scalp and back of my hands of all places. They went away as my meds took hold.

mrtmeo
10-18-2014, 10:07 AM
My mom had a high rheumatoid factor, but no active RA and she had what looked like RA nodules on both forearm bones.
They disappeared with rtx.

Pete
10-18-2014, 12:28 PM
I had a couple of wart-like growths removed recently. They were growing on my chest and shoulder. PCP thought they were caused by a virus that took root because I'm immunosuppressed.

drz
10-18-2014, 08:18 PM
Has anyone had growths "consistent with granulomous activity" on their "tensile" skin (elbow, or knee) ? If so, were they treated?

Wikipedia lists nodules on elbows as one of the common symptoms for Wegs.

kaysee
10-19-2014, 10:32 AM
I had a few nodules on my elbows. They were not treated. They went away after my first RTX round - but I still have a slight scar from them. I also had a purple rash that started on my lower legs and hands and worked its way up my entire body (except for face). It didn't hurt or itch and lasted only about a week.