PDA

View Full Version : How to put a picture in a post

BookNut
10-17-2014, 02:05 PM
I think my brain is burned. I want to add a picture to a post .. but can only find how to post a picture from a url. I want to just add a picture saved on my computer. Feeling stupid right now as I am generally pretty tech savvy...but am angry and burned out by my latest encounter with Cleveland Clinic.

NikkiNicole
10-17-2014, 02:14 PM
In the box, there is a toolbar across the top. In the section where there are two little globes, the next box to the right is the "Insert Image" box. Click that and post the URL.

BookNut
10-17-2014, 02:17 PM
In the box, there is a toolbar across the top. In the section where there are two little globes, the next box to the right is the "Insert Image" box. Click that and post the URL.

But I don't have a url. i want to post a picture filed on my computer, not on the web.

NikkiNicole
10-17-2014, 02:20 PM
You got me there!

annekat
10-23-2014, 03:10 AM
We used to be able to post a pic from somewhere on our computer that is not a URL. Now we can still do that for our avatar, but not for within a post. I have been griping about this for months, to no avail. People have posted different ways to take a pic from your computer files and create a URL for it. I remember trying one and having it not work for me.

Here's one that DOES work for me and would for you, Jacquie, since you are on Facebook. You can post the pic on Facebook and then you will have a URL for it. Once it is on there, you can right click it and select Open in New Window, and from there select Copy URL. Then you can paste the URL into the interface for posting pics on the forum. Or at least that's how it works in my browser. It is a lot to have to go through when maybe you don't want the pic on FB. But you might be able to post it in your FB photos without putting it on your timeline for people to see, and you could delete it later if you wanted. I hope that helps. I know there are probably other apps within Google and such for saving pics online, thus having URLs for them. In fact, my gmail (Google) seems to have a new place for me to save pics that would probably fill this function. If I have described this in too complicated a way, let me know.

I wish it could be put back to how it was; since we can still do it for our avatars, why not for our posts?

Debbie C
10-23-2014, 10:02 AM
Too complicated for me !! :)

annekat
10-23-2014, 10:10 AM
Too complicated for me !! :) I know, I probably used to many words. But if you have a pic on Facebook that you'd like to post on the forum, I can walk you thru it. It's not hard. I see you've had no trouble changing your avatar. I think putting a pic in a post from one's offline computer files should be just as easy and convenient as that, and we wouldn't have to go thru assigning a URL to it.