PDA

View Full Version : Updates

keegan55
10-08-2014, 05:09 PM
I had a CT in July here and the results I was told that there were no nodes left in lungs. The 2 on the rll and the 1 in the mrl were removed by wedge for biopsy which showed the GPA.the remaining one in the left lung was going to be watched. So thus ct scan all clear i was hoping to start decreasing meds. I had my 6 month at duke with thoracic surgeon who did another CT. He reviewed the actual scan. He says tge left one NOT GONE it is hard to see because under diaphram... the results of this scsn mentioned opacities lower right and he could not rule out GPA. Mentioned the 2 surgical staples. The one in July did not even mention the rml staple. Duke surgeon said need to stay on meds really upset at that since i have hardly much hair . It really makes me wonder about care and accurate readings. I have also had a bunch of nasal problems lately but ENT says its ok now I just dont know about my local care

gilders
10-09-2014, 03:36 AM
I am always encouraging my Dr to lower my med doses. But it sounds like you're needing them at the moment.
The hair loss is an horrible side effect, but I found once it starts to come back, it seems to grow really quickly.

Dirty Don
10-09-2014, 05:13 AM
A healthy daily dose of folic acid chases the hair loss away.