PDA

View Full Version : Nerve wracking

greenjeep
10-08-2014, 04:23 AM
I am currently in remission after 2 years of chemo. Lately I have had some very mild symptoms of a flair (for me... Achy feet, odd feeling in legs). Sometimes this happens when the weather is changing, then goes away. This time it is more consistent.
Then last night I had a sudden attack of zombie like fatigue that lasted a couple of hours.
I don't feel like I'm having a relapse - my bloodwork was all good 2 wks ago, but this weighs heavily on ones mind. (I'm sure you understand).
Do any of you have temporary mini-flares within remission? I've heard of smoldering disease and it makes me worry that a relapse is lying in wait.

Sent from my iPhone while driving on the freeway, eating salt, and drinking a 78oz soda.

Dirty Don
10-08-2014, 04:57 AM
I'm weaning off mtx right now and about 2 weeks after I started I experienced extreme lethargy for about 3 days, called doc, gutted thru it, am fine now. More of a withdrawal than yours, but nevertheless, a minor relapse. During the course of drug protocols at their height, I did have minor daily flares of sorts...nothing painful or scary but made me mindful of where I had been. I believe it's a part of the disease's course thru us, smoldering as you say. Best to you.

Geoff
10-08-2014, 07:29 AM
Hi Greenjeep, sorry to read about your "symptoms". First and formost if your bloods are good then I would possibly look for some other cause for your achy feet etc. WIth regards to the fatigue, can you put that down to some exertion etc??
We all develop that heightened awareness of 'how our body feels' and sometimes our minds can run away down dark alleys, anticipating the worse. I know I do!
Are you going down with a cold? or sometimes for myself, especially if I have been in close contact with someone with a cold (invariably my grandaughter!) then I can experience subtle symptoms like a minny cold.
By all means keep a close check on things, and obviously if they deteriorate or additional ones appear then get it checked out.

greenjeep
10-11-2014, 02:23 PM
Just as I hoped, my symptoms cleared up for the most part and a cold front rolled into town. Seems like I can predict a change in the weather by a couple of days.
Thanks for your concern.

Sent from my iPhone while driving on the freeway, eating salt, and drinking a 78oz soda.