PDA

View Full Version : Heart Cath

Jaha
10-05-2014, 04:28 AM
I just got released from the hospital on Oct 2nd after having a pulmonary function test. While having the test I started getting chest pain and sob, so I flunked that test. They finally convinced me to go to the ER there at the hospital and then admitted me. They did a medicine induced stress test and echo the next day and I flunked those too. So I had the heart cath the next day and didn't have any blockages, Yey! I got a lot of attention from so many docs on the floor wanting me to tell them about wegs and how they dx'd me, in which I felt was great to educate them. I now have to follow up with some other test to try and figure out why I have lack of blood flow to my heart. I'm just happy to be home and I'm doing nothing but resting and reading. Has anyone had this or a similar experience?:unsure:

Pete
10-05-2014, 04:37 AM
Glad to hear you're home safe. Hope all goes well with your recovery and journey to remission.

mishb
10-05-2014, 05:51 PM
Wow, that's a little scary Jana.

I'm glad there were no blockages however at least then they would have been able to easily fix it.

I have not had a situation like this, so cannot help ..............relaxing at home and/or reading, sounds like a good option

Debbie C
10-06-2014, 01:16 AM
Hi Jana, I just had a pft test done a fews weeks ago, didn't experience anything like that it just made me dizzy from breathing so hard and fast. My cardio. wants me to have this special kind of ct scan of my heart to see if there are any blockages, he mentionded a cath. but decided it was to invasive so I go Wed. to have the scan done. Tomorrow I have to go have an endoscopy done and it is not scheduled until 2:00 so I have to go all day without eating or drinking, that is going to be a B**** ! But I am happy to hear the cath came back good for you and that you got to educate some drs.!!!!! Take care and relax.

mrtmeo
10-06-2014, 02:05 AM
Hi Jana,
That is good news, no blockage!
Could you be in a flare which is causing the low blood flow?

gilders
10-06-2014, 02:24 AM
Has anyone had this or a similar experience?:unsure:

Hi Jana
I have heart failure. To be precise - Left Ventricular Dysfunction. Basically my left ventricle "wobbles" rather than forcefully pumps blood around my body.
I also have pain in the chest and painful heartbeats. Some of this is due to ectopic heartbeat. The ectopic heartbeat is an extra heart beat. Because this extra heart beat isn't a full beat, my heart overfills with blood so the next heartbeat is painful. This is exacerbated by the left ventricular dysfunction.
On top of that, my chest and breathing isn't great (Pulmonary Embolism). I've also not done too well on various Pulmonary test (bicycle test and locked in a gas chamber (not as scary as it sounds)) and they're still trying to find out why my body doesn't "process" oxygen as well as it should. Things move so SLOWLY with the NHS in my area.

Jaha
10-06-2014, 04:30 AM
I might be flaring without labs showing inflammation.Deb, I kinda wish they would have opted for the ct scan, because of maybe showing smaller vessels and it is less dangerous. Best wishes to you with your tests. Gilders, that sounds like a pretty scary heart problem, what do they do for that type of thing? I also have COPD, maybe that could be what is whacking out your breathing tests. Thanks to all for caring words.

Jaha
10-21-2014, 11:38 AM
Just an Update on Heart Issues

So I went back to the Cardio guy and he says that there is nothing wrong with my heart. I asked him about why the CT scans from CC showed some calcifications in the Thoracic and the Aortic arteries. He says to me what are you going to due about it? I said I guess nothing. My blood pressure is high on top, so he decided to put me on BP meds, I'm going to ask my PCP about it before starting on it. I am still having some chest pain, but he says I'm good to go. I don't see him for a year, which is good with me.

mrtmeo
10-21-2014, 12:14 PM
Just an Update on Heart Issues

So I went back to the Cardio guy and he says that there is nothing wrong with my heart. I asked him about why the CT scans from CC showed some calcifications in the Thoracic and the Aortic arteries. He says to me what are you going to due about it? I said I guess nothing. My blood pressure is high on top, so he decided to put me on BP meds, I'm going to ask my PCP about it before starting on it. I am still having some chest pain, but he says I'm good to go. I don't see him for a year, which is good with me.

Hi Jana,
If you are interested in supplements, vitamin K2 can clear calcium from soft tissues.
Vitamin K: Protection Against Arterial Calcification, Bone Loss, Cancer, and Aging - Life Extension (http://www.lef.org/magazine/2009/1/vitamin-k-protection-against-arterial-calcification-bone-loss-cancer-aging/page-01)

Vitamin D and K2 work together.
I generally take 100mcg K2 for ever 1,000 iu's of vitamin D3 I take daily.
Japanese Natto and goose liver pate are high in K2.

Prednisone loves to dump calcium into our blood stream which can end up in our arteries and other soft tissues.

Jaha
10-21-2014, 12:40 PM
Thank you for the info, I bookmarked it so I can study it. :thumbsup:

Debbie C
10-21-2014, 12:46 PM
Jana,sorry to hear you are still having chest pain..do you think it could be muscular. I know if I stretch the wrong way or lift something heavy, I end up having muscular pain in my chest that feels like a heart attach and it lasts for weeks. I got the results back from my ct scan of my heart and it showed everything was clear. No build up anywhere :)
mrtmeo..I am going to try taking vit k., I read the webpage you posted and it was pretty interesting. I just came from the dentist today and he said a have alot of bone loss in my mouth,so maybe that will help. I also need to up my Vit d for the winter. I currently take 2000 iu a day.

mrtmeo
10-21-2014, 01:34 PM
Jana,sorry to hear you are still having chest pain..do you think it could be muscular. I know if I stretch the wrong way or lift something heavy, I end up having muscular pain in my chest that feels like a heart attach and it lasts for weeks. I got the results back from my ct scan of my heart and it showed everything was clear. No build up anywhere :)
mrtmeo..I am going to try taking vit k., I read the webpage you posted and it was pretty interesting. I just came from the dentist today and he said a have alot of bone loss in my mouth,so maybe that will help. I also need to up my Vit d for the winter. I currently take 2000 iu a day.

Hi Debra,
If you have alot of bone loss, eating prunes can reverse it.
Eating 6 prunes per day, reversed some of my mom's osteopenia within a couple months.
I believe it is the boron content that helps the bones.
Here is a study proving the prunes.
No bones about it: Eating dried plums helps prevent fractures and osteoporosis, study suggests -- ScienceDaily (http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/08/110818093048.htm)

Also, make sure it is K2 and not K.
The Mk-7 is the better choice if not getting it from the foods.

mrtmeo
10-21-2014, 01:35 PM
Jana,
Sometimes acid reflux can cause chest pain that is exactly in the center of the chest, but it is a burning pain.

Debbie C
10-21-2014, 02:20 PM
Yea, I have acid reflux also,I just had to do a 2 hr nuclear scan today to ck. my gallbladder.I swear if wg doesn't get me then it will be radiation,although they said this test did not have any radiation in it.
mrtmeo..I'll have too take the vit. I HATE PRUNES.Thx for sharing all your knowledge :)

mrtmeo
10-21-2014, 03:13 PM
Yea, I have acid reflux also,I just had to do a 2 hr nuclear scan today to ck. my gallbladder.I swear if wg doesn't get me then it will be radiation,although they said this test did not have any radiation in it.
mrtmeo..I'll have too take the vit. I HATE PRUNES.Thx for sharing all your knowledge :)

Debra,
The prunes are for the bone loss and the vitamin k2 is for removing calcium from soft tissues.
If you can't do the prunes, try taking Boron with magnesium.
Look for 6mg Boron.
The vitamin K2 as mk-7 because mk-4 is synthetic and does nothing.

Here is a listing of the Boron content in foods
http://www.greenfacts.org/en/boron/toolboxes/2.htm

Jaha
10-22-2014, 06:11 AM
Thanks to you both for all the info and caring responses. Deb I'm glad that your scan came out so well, hope they figure out what is going on with you. I do need to investigate how bad the reflux is now, as all these meds have probably caused all of this chest pain. I also have fibromyalgia and who know what else. Thanks again, Mrtmeo for all your very valuable knowledge.

mrtmeo
10-22-2014, 09:25 AM
Thanks to you both for all the info and caring responses. Deb I'm glad that your scan came out so well, hope they figure out what is going on with you. I do need to investigate how bad the reflux is now, as all these meds have probably caused all of this chest pain. I also have fibromyalgia and who know what else. Thanks again, Mrtmeo for all your very valuable knowledge.

Hi Jana,
Prednisone thins the stomach and intestinal linings.
This explains why so many on pred take ppi's.

Debbie C
10-22-2014, 11:52 AM
Jana,have you had an endoscopy done ?