PDA

View Full Version : never ending

cjhnsn29
10-04-2014, 04:39 AM
When it rains it poors I swear. With the WG I ended up with anemia, Had to go to hospital for 2 units of blood due to my immune system being so low. My WG Dr stated that I have to go see my obgyn Dr due to bleeding so much. Well suprise suprise, I had blood work and ultrasound. Now I have to have surgery again for female situation. This is my 7th surgery within the past 2 yrs. Does it ever end. Does anyone else have to go for surgerys after surgerys or am I the lucky one?
CJ

Dirty Don
10-04-2014, 07:19 AM
My wife went thru a period like that, lasted about 5 years. She turned 60, stopped smoking...her body fell apart...some just can't win some days...

Christina32
10-04-2014, 07:35 AM
We must be on the same boat... I just had number 11 this past Monday and 12th scheduled for November. All since march of 2013. I hope for an end too :-). Some of these have been repeats, due to my body not wanting to cooperate in fully healing, relapse and reconstruction of original damage. At some point we do have to stop trying to 'fix' everything - I'm almost there. Stay strong, hang in there, it will come to an end - hopefully the sunny end ;-)

drz
10-04-2014, 11:23 AM
When it rains it poors I swear. With the WG I ended up with anemia, Had to go to hospital for 2 units of blood due to my immune system being so low. My WG Dr stated that I have to go see my obgyn Dr due to bleeding so much. Well suprise suprise, I had blood work and ultrasound. Now I have to have surgery again for female situation. This is my 7th surgery within the past 2 yrs. Does it ever end. Does anyone else have to go for surgerys after surgerys or am I the lucky one?
CJ

Wegs is the gift that keeps on giving. Many of us become full time health care consumers to help support a number of doctors and medical clinics. But it helps one appreciate the good days or even a whole week when you don't have a medial appointment or feel the need for one.

Jaha
10-05-2014, 01:57 AM
It is the disease that keeps on giving. I'm sorry you have another problem to deal with, wishing you all the best for things to settle down a bit.:ohmy:

cjhnsn29
10-05-2014, 02:56 PM
Well Christina I feel better that I am not the queen of surgerys. You get the title which means NO more, you have had more than enough. I hope you are doing better now.
Jaha I you always make me smile a little, when you say it is the gift that keeps on giving. I don't want anymore of those kinds of gifts hehe.
Don, your poor wife 5 yrs I will pass. Hope she is doing better now.
Dr I agree with ya we keep them people in business I rather spend it some where else. Ha! I think I got everyone and hope it's a better night for everyone.

gilders
10-06-2014, 01:35 AM
Not so much surgery for me. But I've chest CT scans, liver fibrosis scans, ultra sound (for blood clots), echo cardiograph, pulmonary bicycle test, pulmonary "gas chamber" test, brain MRI, ENT endoscope,nasal biopsy, bone biopsy, bone marrow biopsy (ouch!) and the usual blood tests, urine tests, etc all recently.

Frustrating thing is they usually find problems with these tests, but never have solutions! At least the MRI confirmed that I actually have a brain!

So pleased I've not had to have full on surgery recently. With heart and breathing issues plus the fact I'm on warfarin, surgery (especially general anesthetic) would not be good.

I hope that the surgery goes well and you don't need any more.

drz
10-06-2014, 11:52 AM
Not so much surgery for me. But I've chest CT scans, liver fibrosis scans, ultra sound (for blood clots), echo cardiograph, pulmonary bicycle test, pulmonary "gas chamber" test, brain MRI, ENT endoscope,nasal biopsy, bone biopsy, bone marrow biopsy (ouch!) and the usual blood tests, urine tests, etc all recently.

Frustrating thing is they usually find problems with these tests, but never have solutions! At least the MRI confirmed that I actually have a brain!

So pleased I've not had to have full on surgery recently. With heart and breathing issues plus the fact I'm on warfarin, surgery (especially general anesthetic) would not be good.

I hope that the surgery goes well and you don't need any more.

My recent MRi also confirmed I had a brain normal for my age except for minor damage caused by vasculitis. Did your MRI also show that? The good news was I didn't have any infection in my skull around my BAHA site that required treatment with an antibiotic.

daystarr8
10-10-2014, 04:26 PM
Cjhnsn29. I have been put under anesthesia at least 35 times. Yes it did slow down then I got bladder cancer dr im cytoxin exposure 😞 then major surgery and a few since. Now I'm either having a flare or the scaring on my subglotic is gotten worse and now I'm about to embark on that surgery list. But I'm hear and I try my very best to stay positive. I hope things improve for you.

gilders
10-11-2014, 09:54 AM
My recent MRi also confirmed I had a brain normal for my age except for minor damage caused by vasculitis. Did your MRI also show that? The good news was I didn't have any infection in my skull around my BAHA site that required treatment with an antibiotic.
Drz, sorry for late reply.
They just said it was all clear - nothing specific. I'd had an MRI without contrast dye and then they organised a second one with dye. When I got the news that I needed a second, clearer scan I was pretty sure they must have seen something on the first scan. As soon as I heard that it was all clear on the second scan, I was so relieved I didn't think to ask for more details.