PDA

View Full Version : Canadian pharmacies that sell to the U.S.?

BookNut
09-25-2014, 04:09 AM
My daughter is breast feeding and needs a medicine that works very well to increase milk supply. Unfortunately, the FDA only approves it for digestion problems, and the one local pharm that supplied it is no longer doing so.

If anyone knows of a pharmacy that will take orders and deliver meds to the U.S. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!

annekat
09-25-2014, 04:41 AM
I ordered some prednisone this way a couple of times, probably around 4 years ago. It came from India and turned out to be prednisolone, which still worked fine for the joint pain I was having. It was somewhat expensive, for pred. This was before WG dx. I wish I could give you an exact name, but I just searched the web for Canadian pharmacies and found several with similar names. I just chose one and got lucky, they sent me the stuff, and it worked. I hope someone has had more recent experience and can give you an exact name, and that these are still a viable way to get meds without prescriptions, and that there aren't scammy ones out there.

BookNut
09-25-2014, 12:24 PM
Thanks Anne! It looks like Kristin has found a work around locally, so she might have enough of a supply while she needs it. She is planning to wean the baby by around 6 months anyway when she will have to start taking Lila to daycare.

Trying to work through the bureaucracy of getting complete records sent from the hospital which is in a different system, to Dr. Culver.

annekat
09-25-2014, 12:55 PM
Well, I don't know how reputable those online Canadian pharmacies are, anyway, and always felt sort of weird about it, though it turned out OK. I'm glad Kristen found a way to get what she needs.

I hope the bureaucracy doesn't slow you down too much.... you've been through enough already!