PDA

View Full Version : Nephrologist visit today

carrottop50
09-18-2014, 09:11 AM
The good news is I don't have wegener's. So why do I feel so bad. I sure don't want wegener's but it would be nice for them to figure out what it is. When I talked to the doctor about 2 months ago he said from my symptoms sounds like Wegener's. Today he said the blood tests don't show that I have Wegener's. So come back in 6 months to see him for my kidneys. I go see the Ears, Nose and Throat Doctor tomorrow for the fullness in my ears. I am losing my hearing. I give up trying to figure out why I feel so bad all the time. So tomorrow I am going to see what is causing the fullness in my ears and maybe get my hearing check....and maybe he will check the sore in the nasal area that will not heal and maybe he will check the painful sinuses. Maybe he can tell me why I have a drippy nose all the time. I will tell him about purple blisters inside my mouth which I get every now and then.
I want to thank all of you for chatting with me as I waited for visit to see the Nephrologist. Hope all of you stay well.

Dirty Don
09-18-2014, 10:15 AM
It would be interesting to see the results of your bloods. There are cases where only a biospy validates a case of WG. I was one. Bloods don't tell all the story all the time. Best to you.

carrottop50
09-18-2014, 12:35 PM
I agree about blood doesn't always tell the story.... I have been dx'ed with RA for 20+ years by Rheumy from Cleveland Clinic but my blood work didn't show I had it until about 3 years ago. So that is why they told me I have sero-negative RA then and now I am sero-positive RA now. I have a different Rheumy now I no longer go to Cleveland Clinic because that doctor retired and I wanted to find a doctor closer to my home town. So maybe if my blood will not show it at this time. I guess it could be possible. My blood work shows I am anemic and I have high inflammation. The Doctor said my kidneys are in stage three too. But the good thing is I am on RA meds and they will help the 4 autoimmune diseases I already have... They are Methotrexate, Plaquenil, Prednisone and just started Humira....Humira will kick in soon and I am sure that will make me feel better. So I am good with that.

I will stick around here for a while so I can keep learning about wegener's for my friend that has Wegener's and his wife because the doctors really scared her. I have already learn a lot from all of you on here to tell her about. Plus if they might have questions about something I can always post them here for them.

drz
09-19-2014, 01:05 PM
I think lab results some times lag the symptoms and later on they may confirm what we already feel and know.