PDA

View Full Version : Cellcept overload?

Jaypfei
09-18-2014, 03:17 AM
Hey all!

Haven't posted a lot as I've felt wonderful and have been enjoying life. Of course my last Rituxan dose was Jan. 2014 and in May had to see a new Rheumy. So far he's been good. He informed me that the disease was finally in a medicated quiet state. He then tried Imuran as a maintainence drug this past June, and I had a dreadful reaction that put me in the hospital and elevated my liver functions for nearly two months!
In August he started me on Cellcept. First 1000mg a day for two weeks, then labs came back great so he doubled the dose....1000mg 2x a day. Last week on September. 11, I had a real scratchy throat. It was strange because it was on my left side. The tonsil was inflamed and the gland on the left side of my neck was swelled up like a walnut. Hubby took me to ER because it was very tender to swallow. Of course I didn't want to go.
They do a throat culture and give me a big shot of Rocephin as well as send me home with ten days of 875mg Augmentin. Well, I went Monday to do labs for both Rheumy and Nephrologist follow up. I see nephrologist yesterday morning and he tells me that I have blood in urine. Back in July it was crystal clear, now I have blood.
Lots of things are going through my head....can this be related to the throat inflammation? Is this the disease, or is this a reaction to Cellcept and the Augmentin?
I have limited Wegs and no current symptoms with sinuses, lungs or ears. I know the possibility is always there for it to affect the kidneys, but I'm just in disbelief at the moment. Neph took second urine sample yesterday as well as blood. I'm currently doing a 24 hr collection and I'm sure I will be on pins and needles till I hear something back. Neph said that my Cellcept should be upped to 1500 2x. He's running all these tests to make sure the initial labs weren't just a fluke. Waiting to hear from Rheumy to discuss upping my dose or the next course of action.
Just wanted to give an update. Yep, I'm a bit concerned, but not going into panic mode until I get test results back.