PDA

View Full Version : Rash

carrottop50
09-14-2014, 03:55 AM
I have lots to learn about wegener's if I have it. Plus I do have a friend that has it and he doesn't use a computer so I try to let him know what I learn. His doctors told him he would be lucky to live another five years (which he is coming to that 5 year point) so I am seeing that may not be true that he might live a lot longer.
I have a rash on my neck and on my forearms and have for a year or longer. It sometimes seems to be less noticeable after Methotrexate shot. I also have an area that is like a line of blisters where my arm bends and it has been there for about 3 to 5 years... first thought it was a scar from having blood drawn so much but know it isn't now because the blisters come and go in that area since I have been taking Methotrexate and now Humira.... like if I take the Humira it gets smaller and then a few days (3 to 5) before next humira shot it starts to get larger and blister more. Could this be part of wegener's.

Dirty Don
09-14-2014, 04:54 AM
Yep, there are many versions of skin problems on here, but they are all indicative of WG in a rash or blister form. As my drugs took hold, they went away. I also used cremes to keep skin moist, maybe a topical antibiotic would help too. Best to you.

carrottop50
09-14-2014, 05:01 AM
Are any of you on a biologic? I have seen some other meds mention. Was just wondering which would be better... I am on humira for RA but it seems to helping the rash and blisters

Pete
09-14-2014, 05:43 AM
Yep, there are many versions of skin problems on here, but they are all indicative of WG in a rash or blister form. As my drugs took hold, they went away. I also used cremes to keep skin moist, maybe a topical antibiotic would help too. Best to you.

You could also use an OTC topical hydrocortisone cream. That would help soothe itching.